WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Thoughts on the Dial Scheme and Color

• Love it

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Hate it (...but I hate Squale altogether because they are "Sh#!ers)

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Hate it (...but I do have a liking to other Squale's)

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • "On the Fence with this one" (...an opinion either way)

Votes: 8 22.9%

Squale 50 ATMOS Onda Laguna- Thoughts???

9K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  Roningrad 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
Don't like that at all! At first glance it reminds me of an Aragon/Android watch - esp. with the lume. I also do not like the crown guard being 2 different sizes like that.

#6 ·
I love it.. when the last two dial colors came out I hemmed and hawed saying I was hoping they would do a green. And I wasn't the only one. This green is a little more teal than the mint I think I was hoping for but it still suits me. I think all 3 are lovely and unique. Especially the Uva and the Languna.

I'd probably buy it for myself right now if it wasn't right before Christmas... however the hint has been strongly dropped... :D

#7 ·
interesting to read Gnomon's description. I'm presuming they allowed spell check to take over cause Squale is spelled "square" in a number of places. haha

also intersting to see the responses here.

The Blue dial (Azzuro) was basically a slam dunk hit. I don't think I read anything negative.
The purple/grey (Uva) was also very much liked but people didn't feel as compelled to jump on it.

So far the green here hasn't been quite as well received with comments of the dial looking like a cheaper brand and all... from just a color change... very interesting.

#10 ·
The 1521 case is my favorite dive case design. Fits and looks great. I'm glad Squale is doing different designs with that case to offer more choices. I liked the Azzuro and the Uva, but I'm not sure about this one. I'm just not a fan of wearing a green watch. With that said, I like the color. I just wouldn't get one for me. Love to see one in person. Did not notice anything about this being a limited edition.

#14 ·
I'm going against the crowd.
This is the first of the recent Squale releases that has me interested. I have a soft spot for Mint/Teal/Aqua coloured things.
Ultimately the main thing still holding me back is that I don't like any of the strap offerings. Now, off to obsess for the next few days over whether to pull the trigger.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#18 ·
I actually really like this one (from photos anyway). I might have preferred a slightly darker green.

When I first saw the Azzurro, I was hooked but had to save funds and missed out. Then picked one up from a WUS member and LOVE the look of it. The case design, the dial, everything. Its been working great for me, although not entirely sure the power reserve is quite up to its max capability. Back then I had reached out to Gnomon to ask about a green dial variant in the future...and well here she is!

Yep, these Onda's are shiny but I like that for a fun summer watch (someone said this looks like a Miami watch and I totally agree!). IMHO the dial doesn't look cheap, just fun and definitely a warm weather dial.

I may be biased...and I may have one incoming for Christmas! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.