Steiny Pepsi GMT or NTH modern Nacken
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Steiny Pepsi GMT or NTH modern Nacken

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Steiny Pepsi GMT or NTH modern Nacken

Hey fellow dive watch dudes,need a recommondation if okay.want to dip my toes into the boutique divers market and these two have surfaced as prime contenders in the 500.00 range which is my budget.used to be a big MKII collector but they seem to have gone upmarket and honestly would pick up a used blackbay instead.
    the Steinhart specs look like great bang for the buck with an ETA elabore' grade movement and strong date mag which I need.fit and finish as well as a fat beefy crown are def a turn on.
    however the modern Nacken with its snowflake handset and 9015 engine and what looks to be solid build quality seems like its also a good daily driver.
    both seem to hold their value and I have never handled either in the metal.
    I might be leaning toward the GMT on juby but not sure.do the powers that be have any input as to which would be tbe best choice.any imput would be greatly appreciated and thank you.

Cheers
    John

Re: Steiny Pepsi GMT or NTH modern Nacken

I own a nth and have had a steiny. Although the steiny is a bit smaller they wear pretty similar. I think quality is even. In the end you are splitting hairs woth price grab the model you prefer, nobody will be able to advise you on which is better.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

lvt

The Steinhart is the nicest ETA package you could find on the market nowadays. Unless you absolutely fall in love with the NTH's look, ETA powered watches usually have better resale value.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I prefer the case shape and size specs of the NTH subs but GMT complications and Pepsi bezels are fun.

Pretty different choices so IMO there’s no “winner” possible—just the style and functions that are speaking to you ever so slightly more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently: F71, ≤ 40mm, GADA, strap-change scratches, preorder deals, modding, dial variety, travel complications, skin divers, microbrands, Seiko, Casio, Speedy Tuesday, Russian

Vote for the NTH given its more unique look, versus the Steinhart - which will likely be asked by non-watch enthusiasts if it is a Rolex. =/

IMO they are both pretty close. If you go for the Steinhart GMT check the hand alignment as they seem to have had a few QC issues with their GMT models lately.

Always wanted to try a Steinhart never did because the name bothers me. Yeah, its "Stonehard" and sounds so silly on German.

My vote goes to the NTH, but you won't go wrong with either piece.

I had this from the original batch when the watch first came out, never ended up wearing it much even though it fit great for me, the crown was a bit sharp on the back of the wrist as the watch was so thin,

Name:  NTHS17.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  262.5 KB

However, I really feel NTH is milking the case to death, all their watches are based off of the same case design that is at least a couple of years old? they just keep making new dials and colours but I don't feel there is any innovation for the price.

I've since sold the NTH and have this as a keeper, the Jubilee bracelet is much higher quality than Nths. + you get GMT and True Swiss Made

Name:  SOGMT05.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  89.1 KB

I'm a fan of the NTH.

I haven't owned a Steinhart, so I can't comment specifically on their quality. But, the NTH is solid - a keeper - and not a complete copy-homage. In fact, if you do a little digging, it's pretty neat how the Nacken takes cues from a number of classic divers.

Re: Swiss Made and ETA, Doc makes a pretty compelling case for going with a Japanese movement over the ETA.

Ultimately I'd agree that you can't really go wrong. The NTH's seem to be holding their resale at about $550 used, which isn't bad for a $650-$675 watch.

I was in the same boat as you, I ultimately chose NTH, and I'm pleased with my decision. YMMV.
    Attached Images Attached Images

blondygirl69 and ck2k01 like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information