WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tightest bezel action

3K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  En_Nissen 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm on the lookout for a new diver, and I've found bezel action to be an incredible important aspect. So I'm here to ask if you guys have any experiences!

Currently I own a Zelos Mako, and while the action is good, it does have ever so little of back play after I turn it, so I'm looking for something that feels good to turn, and snaps tightly into play.

I've been looking at the Monta Oceanking and the Omega Seamaster 300m so far, but I'm hoping to hear some other suggestions. I also had a look at the Christopher Ward C60 at one point, but the bezel action doesn't seem very tight.

oh, and while I do appreciate all suggestions, I just gotta mention that Rolex isn't really my cup of tea.

#15 ·
My .02 cents. I've owned seiko marinemasters, rolex submariners and sea dweller, omega etc...I was a serial flipper at one point. The one watch that had the best feeling tightest bezel of any of them and actually had ceramic ball bearings the bezel was mounted with UTS 3000M. It's a beast of a watch styling not for everyone but it felt like the most solid of any dive watch and the bezel action was perfect. In this day of so many micros IMO this company is head and shoulders above the field

https://www.utswatches.com/3000m-dive-watch/

#16 · (Edited)
Owned n own numerous diver - Best overall bezel was DSSD - the Tudor Bronze was impressive

Never a UTS which I only hear good things about - once a forum darling - but they seem to have gone quiet?

Im a big Seiko fan - higher end models are firm & positive
The tightest bezel action & i've tested a few & folks here seem to agree, is on the 1978 re-issue Seiko Golden Tuna 1000m

This watch is a legend - a serious professional piece designed from the ground up as a pro diver - it blows most other efforts clear out the water. There is one on sale on sales Forum here for a bargain price
(not mine)

#17 ·
Owned n own numerous diver - Best overall bezel was DSSD - the Tudor Bronze was impressive

Never a UTS which I only hear good things about - once a forum darling - but they seem to have gone quiet?

Im a big Seiko fan - higher end models are firm & positive
The tightest bezel action & i've tested a few & folks here seem to agree, is on the 1978 re-issue Seiko Golden Tuna 1000m

This watch is a legend - a serious professional piece designed from the ground up as a pro diver - it blows most other efforts clear out the water. There is one on sale on sales Forum here for a bargain price
(not mine)
yup Simon since UTS is Spinners hobby he is a mechanical engineer by trade and his family business is making and distributing CNC machines world wide he makes the watches in batches, and assembles each one so you have to essentially email him to know when the next batch is being made.

#20 ·
yeah and I think in this day of micros getting their products from large makers in Asia this puts UTS in a different league for me. To each his own and many will argue the "value" that these makers provide. To me we're not looking at an appliance at the end of the day noone really needs a mechanical watch. So I buy what I like and if I have to save up for something like a UTS vs "insert name here", because it is one man's vision and he creates them and assembles them I'm ok with the premium. see more here

https://www.utswatches.com/about/

#26 ·
I used to see them more here on WUS & reviewed in watchtime etc - but some of the serious watch guys who had them left this forum a while back
I have often thought about them - but having never seen one in the metal I would be relying on pics and so I have held back
Every model looks outstanding - I particularly liked the pics of the 2000m and of course the 4000 is a beast of a machine
maybe someday

#31 · (Edited)
Funny that, OP, my C60 Trident Mk.1 has the tightest action in the whole lot, hands down.

Easily puts my glitzy Hi-Beat Marinemaster to shame. Sure, the Damasko DA36 is hella sturdy but a right b*tch to turn and not user friendly at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.