WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tisell Vintage Submersible owners thread

367K views 1K replies 170 participants last post by  Cougar17 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I've followed the Tisell Marine Diver forum for some time and I bought the Vintage Sub immediately. I figured maybe we could start a thread for this model and take as many awesome pictures as we can to show it off.

Post your best pics and share your stories about your new Vintage Sub.

Instagram - Dec1968watches

See less See more
#775 ·
I love this watch on a nato strap.
I love the Moose Straps Nato - super comfortable and slim enough you don't need bent spring bars.

View attachment 13122457

I am trying to decide if I like the Vintage Sub with the blue and grey.
What do you think?
I think it's very nice. :-!

#778 ·
Hey all, I am new here and this is my first post. I am an obsessive fellow so when I go down the rabbit hole, I go pretty deep relatively quickly. In the past 3 weeks I bought a Seiko Alpinist as my first 'real' watch because it immediately spoke to me. I then picked up a SKX007 for my weekend watch and put an 'old Bond' Grey & Black NATO strap on it.

I then bought a Marine Diver in Black with Cyclops and a Submersible already with the vintage correct 'Bond' 6 strip Black, Red, & Green NATO strap.

So I admit I rushed in pretty hard...even though I also got good and prudent deals all the while. The only problem is until last night I thought the EU dealer with their outrageous shipping and mark-up was the 'official' site...so I never bought from them due to the high prices. I bought both Tisell's on eBay - with the Marine Diver billed appropriately as New.

Well, as I was attempting to resize things, I stripped the one very unique screw that attaches to the clasp. I'd prefer to just buy a new clasp - or at the very least - a OEM bracelet and get it up and running again. I feel pretty crummy that I messed it up myself and going forward will leave some of the adjustments to the pros. I see some of you Dremmel some things and I am not looking at that because apparently I can't even screw something in correctly :)

The problem is I emailed Mr. Oh solely asking to buy a new clasp and/or bracelet. I was not going to pretend I bought it from him so I was just seeking to buy and ship a replacement. Well, he graciously emailed back asking for my order number; which makes it seem like he wants to help me out. I obviously don't have an order number so I will let him know I got the watch on the bay and just see if I can buy a replacement.

In the interem, have we solidified if any bracelets are a drop in vintage styled match?

#779 ·
Hey all, I am new here and this is my first post. I am an obsessive fellow so when I go down the rabbit hole, I go pretty deep relatively quickly. In the past 3 weeks I bought a Seiko Alpinist as my first 'real' watch because it immediately spoke to me. I then picked up a SKX007 for my weekend watch and put an 'old Bond' Grey & Black NATO strap on it.

I then bought a Marine Diver in Black with Cyclops and a Submersible already with the vintage correct 'Bond' 6 strip Black, Red, & Green NATO strap.

So I admit I rushed in pretty hard...even though I also got good and prudent deals all the while. The only problem is until last night I thought the EU dealer with their outrageous shipping and mark-up was the 'official' site...so I never bought from them due to the high prices. I bought both Tisell's on eBay - with the Marine Diver billed appropriately as New.

Well, as I was attempting to resize things, I stripped the one very unique screw that attaches to the clasp. I'd prefer to just buy a new clasp - or at the very least - a OEM bracelet and get it up and running again. I feel pretty crummy that I messed it up myself and going forward will leave some of the adjustments to the pros. I see some of you Dremmel some things and I am not looking at that because apparently I can't even screw something in correctly [emoji4]

The problem is I emailed Mr. Oh solely asking to buy a new clasp and/or bracelet. I was not going to pretend I bought it from him so I was just seeking to buy and ship a replacement. Well, he graciously emailed back asking for my order number; which makes it seem like he wants to help me out. I obviously don't have an order number so I will let him know I got the watch on the bay and just see if I can buy a replacement.

In the interem, have we solidified if any bracelets are a drop in vintage styled match?
As referenced way earlier in this thread, I personally took an older folded clasp that I bought on the bay with the links that attach to it and modified the last link to fit the slightly wider inside portion of the new link to fit the Tisell link. It fits and feels appropriate and is super cheap and easy to do. Took me all of five minutes.

Follow me on Instagram- @Dec1968watches

#781 ·
I got my vintage submersible too, it was without the diver extension but i think the smaller clasp (only easy link adjustments) suits better for guys with smaller wrist like mine. The submariner i used to own has a long clasp which kinda an annoying feature (the length of the clasp is larger than the measurement of my wrist)

#782 ·
I joined the club today. BELIEVE THE HYPE.

The only sliight issues I have so far are that it's hard to open the clasp with my fingernails, and the second hand could be just a little bit longer. But no alignment or finishing issues whatsoever.

I took some comparison pics to my Christopher Ward Trident Vintage 38mm and Seiko SKX007. It feels more balanced (and less top-heavy) on my wrist than both the CW and Seiko.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#798 ·
Mine arrived today and there's probably not too much I can add to what's already been stated, good or bad, so let me simply say that I'm pleased and astounded at how nice this watch is, period. This is my third Tisell (Type B pilot and No. 157) and already planning to get the green/green diver (Kermit?) when the new batch arrives in a few weeks

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Titanium

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#799 ·
Mine arrived yesterday, I put my name on the wait list over the new year. It shipped on the 30th April and was delivered to Ireland on the 11th May.
I just bought some threadlock this morning and will loctite the bracelet screws as recommended here.
I'm going to try the micro adjust on the clasp as the bracelet is a little loose,I've taken on link off.
Overall I'm very pleased with the watch, most of the watches I own are in the same price range mainly Seiko's. The Tisell seems a superior build to those.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

#807 ·
Received my Vintage Submersible a little over a week ago and had it resized immediately. 2 nights ago I was taking off my watch and the bracelet just broke, looks like I lost a screw. Anyone know where I can order some replacement screws View attachment 13137155 ?
Use the screw from a link removed when you sized it. Will take you ten seconds and a small screwdriver to do the work.

Follow me on Instagram- @Dec1968watches

#808 ·
Received mine today an overall I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed based on the hype surrounding the Tisell. In particular, the clasp it a particular disappointment as it the security flip lock portion doesn't sit flush with the rest of the clasp when closed and has quite a sharp edge. As well, the milled hinge part of the clasp has some oxidation or corrosion on it in several places. I'll probably contact Mr Oh. regarding this as if the clasp were replaced I'd likely be much happier with the watch.

Fashion accessory Material property Strap Metal

Automotive exterior Bumper Technology Auto part Electronic device

As far as the actual watch is concerned, I do like the brushed bezel and the action is quite good on mine. The dial and crystal look great, the lume is no joke and the crown action is smooth. I'm a little let down by the finishing of the case. As many have said, this all may be quite good for a $230 watch, but the only similar watch I have to compare the Tissel to is the sterile Corgeut Black Bay that I got from eBay earlier this year and the finish on that watch, especially the bracelet, is noticeably better and the Corgeut was only $120. It has a lower end Miyota movement, however, and the Tissel is definitely a more original design seeing as the Corgeut is a near-straight copy of the Black Bay.

If I were more of a nato or rubber strap guy I probably wouldn't be as critical, but seeing as I prefer most of my watches on bracelets it is difficult to overlook the shortcomings of the Tissel (which arguably are less with the watch itself and more with the bracelet).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.