Torn between Tudor Pelagos blue vs. Seiko SPDB011
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Torn between Tudor Pelagos blue vs. Seiko SPDB011

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Torn between Tudor Pelagos blue vs. Seiko SPDB011

Anyone have any wrist time or experience with either or both of these watches?

Re: Torn between Tudor Pelagos blue vs. Seiko SPDB011

Not exactly, but I can tell you that compared to the Marine master, the Pelagos is much more wearable; comfort, size, thickness, bracelet, clasp, etc..

Seiko dial and hands more dynamic.

If I had to pick only one it would be the Pelagos.

I agree. I have two homage versions of the Seiko and the Pelagos LHD. You certainly always know the Seiko is on the wrist. It's so thick and so heavy, the presence never fades away into unobtrusiveness. The Pelagos, on the other hand, is a much more versatile all-rounder. It's not a small watch either, but a bit "quieter" in the wrist. When I travel overseas, I always take the LHD. As much as I love the Seiko form, I wouldn't go somewhere for 2-3 weeks where I didn't haven't options...like my watch case at home.
    BrianMcKay likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rellybelly View Post
    Not exactly, but I can tell you that compared to the Marine master, the Pelagos is much more wearable; comfort, size, thickness, bracelet, clasp, etc..

Seiko dial and hands more dynamic.

If I had to pick only one it would be the Pelagos.
    And that mm is much smaller than the one OP is looking into which is a few millimeters bigger in diameter and thickness.
    BrianMcKay likes this.
    "In the Eighties we were so amazingly primitive we still thought digital watches were a pretty neat idea."

I have both watches and wear them very comfortably on my 7.25” wrist...

The Seiko bracelet is not nearly as well done as the Pelagos bracelet. Seiko lume and accuracy is better. Pelagos warranty (5 years now) and after sales service is way better.

If you work in an office the Pelagos is a better choice.

After experimenting with both watches the only way I wear the Seiko is on a Sinn rubber strap from a U1000. The bracelet is very wimpy compared to the watch. On the Sinn rubber it’s great though!

The Pelagos isn’t finished well between it’s lugs, and the bracelet is amazing so to me it’s really a bracelet only watch. This isn’t a negative it’s got an amazing bracelet and clasp, the best in the business in my opinion.

Currently my 6 month old Pelagos is at RSC Dallas for the second time since new. When received new it was keeping bad time losing more than 4 seconds per day (spec is -2 to +4). I received it back and it had some dirt inside the crystal and was still losing 3 seconds per day. So it’s back there again now otherwise I could post more side by side pics for you.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask. If you want to know the better watch, well there isn’t one they each have areas I prefer. The Seiko is much more interesting to look at it never get boring, but it’s bracelet is only average at best and I really enjoy wearing my Pelagos on bracelet very much even if it’s a little bland. (The blue really helps to spice the Pelagos up a bit and I wouldn’t get the black cause then it is just too understated almost to the point of being boring.)
    Last edited by Biginboca; February 1st, 2020 at 23:13.

That Seiko is a monster. I could not wear it but the LHD works well even on a 6.5" wrist. And I agree about the clasp on the Pelagos. The reason I wear it when traveling is the tool-less adjustment that's inevitably needed for sleep, exercise, too much food and drink, etc.
    BrianMcKay likes this.

Go for the Pelagos first. Then the SBDB011 if you find yourself still itching for it after having the Pelagos. As a Seiko nut I'd still say the Pelagos is the better overall watch, despite being much easier to get and service. I've lived with both for around a month, and the Pelagos came out on top after that honeymoon period. If possible buy your choice in used condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GTR stands for George The Rabid. Fanboy of COSC (Casio - Orient - Seiko - Citizen, in that order )

Quote Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
    I have both watches and wear them very comfortably on my 7.25” wrist...

The Seiko bracelet is not nearly as well done as the Pelagos bracelet. Seiko lume and accuracy is better. Pelagos warranty (5 years now) and after sales service is way better.

If you work in an office the Pelagos is a better choice.

After experimenting with both watches the only way I wear the Seiko is on a Sinn rubber strap from a U1000. The bracelet is very wimpy compared to the watch. On the Sinn rubber it’s great though!

The Pelagos isn’t finished well between it’s lugs, and the bracelet is amazing so to me it’s really a bracelet only watch. This isn’t a negative it’s got an amazing bracelet and clasp, the best in the business in my opinion.

Currently my 6 month old Pelagos is at RSC Dallas for the second time since new. When received new it was keeping bad time losing more than 4 seconds per day (spec is -2 to +4). I received it back and it had some dirt inside the crystal and was still losing 3 seconds per day. So it’s back there again now otherwise I could post more side by side pics for you.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask. If you want to know the better watch, well there isn’t one they each have areas I prefer. The Seiko is much more interesting to look at it never get boring, but it’s bracelet is only average at best and I really enjoy wearing my Pelagos on bracelet very much even if it’s a little bland. (The blue really helps to spice the Pelagos up a bit and I wouldn’t get the black cause then it is just too understated almost to the point of being boring.)
    That MM600 seems to wear well considering how big it is. Seems like the lugs curve well like the Sumo which helps. Love that strap to. Wow.
    "In the Eighties we were so amazingly primitive we still thought digital watches were a pretty neat idea."

That blue Tudor Pelagos above is a class act.
    Nam 68-69 USMC

fun thread.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information