Tuna
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Tuna

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tuna

I love the look of the tuna. The Quartz movement throws me off. I have one snowflake watch that can't pass through security gates anymore flying. It picks up too much magnetism. I may still wear it traveling, but I need a more robust travel watch. I don't want to spend more than $1K due to some countries I travel to. I am seriously eyeing the SBBN033.

For those who have a Tuna, is it the watch I think it is? Beefy, chunky, but beautiful as hell for a diver.

Thank you for your feedback in advance.
    Current: Tuna: Seiko SBBN033 | Certina DS Action Chronograph |Scurfa BD-1 | Helm Kharaburi | G-Shock GA100L-1A | Seiko SKX007 Orange | Tag Heuer Link | Seiko FFF

Watch List: Rolex MilSpec Vintage

Moved on: Dan Henry 1970

Re: Tuna

FWIW, I have a SBBN031. Went with the 031 as I prefer a bracelet option. I think I like the 033's bezel more, but a bracelet is just too big a draw for me.

Tuna's in my experience are big, chunky, beefy divers that wear remarkably small due to the very short lug length. Amazingly comfortable for such a hunk of metal.
    I am not a quartz fan AT ALL. I was afraid I'd hate the 031 as a result, but came to realize I enjoy the watch enough that I can ignore the 1 second ticks vs a nice 6 or 8 beat sweep.

After owning one about a year, I'm a huge fan.
    I figured I'd wear it occasionally and likely be annoyed by the quartz tick... turns out I love the dang thing and wear it pretty much whenever I expect hard use / physical activity.
    Very comfortable, very robust. In the year I've had it, I have reset the time once... it was a second fast after about 9 months of wear.

There are automatic Tunas, but not in that $1000 budget. I'm eyeing one of the higher end auto tunas as my next 'big' watch purchase.

I love mine and would highly suggest one to anyone who likes solid tool divers.
    Simon, duc and sx1 like this.

You share exactly the same concerns. Love it, but.... Thank you!!! Ill be putting an order in soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dobbs needs Slack View Post
    FWIW, I have a SBBN031. Went with the 031 as I prefer a bracelet option. I think I like the 033's bezel more, but a bracelet is just too big a draw for me.

Tuna's in my experience are big, chunky, beefy divers that wear remarkably small due to the very short lug length. Amazingly comfortable for such a hunk of metal.
    I am not a quartz fan AT ALL. I was afraid I'd hate the 031 as a result, but came to realize I enjoy the watch enough that I can ignore the 1 second ticks vs a nice 6 or 8 beat sweep.

After owning one about a year, I'm a huge fan.
    I figured I'd wear it occasionally and likely be annoyed by the quartz tick... turns out I love the dang thing and wear it pretty much whenever I expect hard use / physical activity.
    Very comfortable, very robust. In the year I've had it, I have reset the time once... it was a second fast after about 9 months of wear.

There are automatic Tunas, but not in that $1000 budget. I'm eyeing one of the higher end auto tunas as my next 'big' watch purchase.

I love mine and would highly suggest one to anyone who likes solid tool divers.
    Current: Tuna: Seiko SBBN033 | Certina DS Action Chronograph |Scurfa BD-1 | Helm Kharaburi | G-Shock GA100L-1A | Seiko SKX007 Orange | Tag Heuer Link | Seiko FFF

Watch List: Rolex MilSpec Vintage

Moved on: Dan Henry 1970

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

yes except is smaller than u'd think
    Name:  YXTmhOV.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  3.09 MB
    Name:  0zpAMcU.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  3.58 MB
    Name:  dUGpO56.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  2.99 MB
    TechDiverGeek, sivart and ZASKAR36 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDiverGeek View Post
    You share exactly the same concerns. Love it, but.... Thank you!!! Ill be putting an order in soon...
    Looking at your signature, I have a very similar style of collection (other than the G-Shock). I think you'll like the Tuna quite a bit.
    TechDiverGeek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico Nico Nii~ View Post
    yes except is smaller than u'd think
    Name:  YXTmhOV.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  3.09 MB
    Name:  0zpAMcU.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  3.58 MB
    Name:  dUGpO56.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  2.99 MB
    What is your wrist size? This looks like a perfect fit.
    Doesn't matter what time the watch says, it's always Beer:Thirty!

Instagram: @southpawstl15

it's 17,5cm

I have both the 033 and 025 and love them. Keep in mind that this is no ordinary quartz movement. It was designed specifically for the Tuna, over sized and robust, and adjustable.
    Simon likes this.

No one ever regrets getting any of the Tunas

Name:  IMG_4127.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  2.06 MB
    Giggo likes this.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

The Tuna is all that you think it is and more plus the fact that both of mine are quartz doesn’t worry me one iota. The final plus is that it’s a big watch in the specs that doesn’t wear in the least bit like a big watch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information