Upcoming Dive Watch - The Stunning Direnzo DRZ_03
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Upcoming Dive Watch - The Stunning Direnzo DRZ_03

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Note: I am not affiliated with the brand outside of being a fan.

I'll be the one to start up this thread over here. After the amazing DRZ_02 Sergio is coming back with his first diver, the DRZ_03. Here are the details and photos. He's targeting a Kickstarter launch in February. I'm very much looking forward to this one and I should have first-hand impressions in January. At the moment the blue really excites me but we'll see which I go for as it gets closer. I love that the circle on the seconds hand fits directly over the date window, a feature I've only seen here and on a Stowa Seatime.

https://www.direnzowatches.com/the-new-drz-03-eclipse/

Name:  DSC00097_A_R_01-1.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  672.6 KB

Name:  DSC00094_a_R_01-1320x880.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  112.8 KB

Following the successful release and delivery of our two previous models, we are now excited to bring you our third timepiece: the limited edition DRZ_03 “Eclipse”. This is the first Direnzo dive watch, a timepiece that pays homage to iconic models from the 60s, while retaining the brand’s DNA.

I have always been curious about the idea of applying the eclipse effect to the dial of a watch. To do this, the dial would need to be produced in two parts; an inner matt disc and a sunburst fumé outer circle (similar to the DRZ 02)

Name:  DSC00050_r_02.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  544.9 KB

Name:  DSC00121_a_r_01-1320x880.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  71.4 KB

In order to retain the 3D effect while continuing to experiment with new techniques, we use applied indices, thus allowing the watch’s overall height to be reduced by 0.5mm (as opposed to the sandwich construction of the 02), an especially significant element for a dive watch, while at the same time allowing for a greater surface area for the Super-LumiNova paint.

The dial’s bowl shape is reminiscent of the DRZ 02, only applied more subtly to reduce distortion beneath the water. This kind of dial manufacture requires a CNC modelling process, unlike when producing a more conventional and simple flat disc. We are proud to say that this is probably the first dive watch to make use of this technique and shape.

Name:  DSC00032_R_01-1320x978.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  85.8 KB

Name:  DSC00124a_R_01-1.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  1.17 MB

Last but not least, we maintain the innovative arrangement of the indices of the DRZ 02; a triangle positioned at 12 o’clock and circles at 3, 6 and 9 o’clock, with the option of the date positioned at 6 o’clock (for a perfectly symmetrical design).

The rotating bezel draws inspiration from vintage dive watches, such as the Breguet. Removing all type and providing a minimalist layout generates a clear, highly polished piece from a design standpoint, which marries perfectly with the aesthetics of the dial.

It comes in two different colours, with the optional feature of the date, positioned at 6 o’clock.

– Grey with old radium Super-LumiNova and black sapphire bezel

– Blue with BGW9 Super-LumiNova and dark blue sapphire bezel

A third colour option is currently being studied.

Name:  DSC00082_a_R_01-1320x880.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  228.2 KB

Name:  DSC00127a_R_01-1320x880.jpg
Size:  126.7 KB

Swiss Made:

The automatic movement chosen for this watch is the Swiss Sellita SW-200-1, a high quality and accurate mechanism for three hands with 38 hours of power reserve and a 28’800 A/h (4 Hz) frequency. Aside from the assembly and quality control undertaken in our Swiss atelier, each watch is inspected personally by me before being dispatched, allowing a final check to be carried out on the movement’s precision and ensuring that the choice of model and strap is the right one.

Specifications:

Case material 316L

Crystal sapphire with anti-reflective coating

Water resistant 20atm

Diameter without crown 40mm

Lug to lug 48mm (20mm strap)

Height 12.5mm

Case back screw down

Movement automatic: Sellita SW-200-1

Dial Matt + sunburst fumé with applied indices

Straps:

The watch comes with:

– Oyster style, 316L stainless steel bracelet with curved (fitted) solid end-links and diver extension clasp.

– Marina Nationale nylon strap (Parachute style).

– Optional or “stretch goal” Tropic Rubber strap.

– All production’s buckles with signed logo

Launch details:

Production of this model will be carried out through the platform www.kickstarter.com. Pre-order pricing starts at $499 and the final retail price will be $699. (prices in USD) The scheduled launch date is 12th February 2020

Name:  DSC00150_A_R_01-1320x880.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  86.4 KB

Name:  DSC00024_a_R_01-1320x880.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  88.9 KB

Name:  DSC00097_A_R_01-1.jpg
Size:  672.6 KB

Name:  DSC00057_a_R_01.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  684.8 KB
    - Jason

Re: Upcoming Dive Watch - The Stunning Direnzo DRZ_03

I have to admit, that's a cool looking watch.
    SteamJ, sergiom4 and E8ArmyDiver like this.

Absolutely beautiful design details, I really like the look of this one..... But unfortunately 40mm diameter is too small for me.
    Steve0, SteamJ, sergiom4 and 2 others like this.
    Dive watch fanatic since 1980

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DEMO111 View Post
    Absolutely beautiful design details, I really like the look of this one..... But unfortunately 40mm diameter is too small for me.
    40mm is the smallest I'll go. My comfort zone these days is 40-42mm but the lug to lug needs to be at least 47mm and, at 48mm, this is perfect for me.
    E8ArmyDiver and jcombs1 like this.
    - Jason

Looks nice. A little pricey for a no-name with a Sellita and 200m wr. There are nice micros with GMT ETAs at this price. I like it though.
    sergiom4 likes this.
    The great Confucius said that he would rather be a profound political economist than chief of police.

For me as well. 42mm is about my lowest. Had the Obris Morgan bronze, had to let that one go as I could not get used to the size.

Quote Originally Posted by DEMO111 View Post
    BrianMcKay likes this.

It seems like the 40 & under crowd is very loud, but I just can't do it either. You had me right up until the 40 part.
    Mr_Finer_Things likes this.

A beaut. Guy has a very cool design language. I like the sophomore trial of a more typical case shape, as well as a more traditional dial layout (yet with some less common and aesthetically pleasing pizzaz). And at 6.5” I love the dimensions.

Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SteamJ, Ragl, sergiom4 and 3 others like this.
    Currently:
    • Casio: A168WA-1 | CA53W-1 | F91W-1 | G-Shock GWM5610-1 (GW-5000-1JF strap)
    • Christopher Ward: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk2 (blue, 38mm) | Mk3 (black, 40mm)
    • Fifty Four: Vintage 62MAS homage (mod)
    • Halios: Roldorf Seaforth (green/black, SS case) | Seaforth III (sunburst grey, 12-hour bezel) | Seaforth GMT (abyss blue, dive bezel)
    • NTH: DevilRay (WatchGauge LE) | Vintage Näcken (blue)
    • Omega: Speedmaster Reduced 3510.50.00
    • Seiko: SARB033 | SKX007K (mod) | SKX013K2 (mod)
    • Steinhart: Ocean 39 GMT Premium 500
    • Timex: Q Reissue
    • Vostok: Amphibian 420059 (blue Scuba Dude)| Komandirskie Junior Desert Shield Desert Storm
    • Zelos: Horizons GMT (meteorite)

Preorder:
    • Aevig: Huldra v2 (green)
    • Hamtun: H2 Kraken (blue)
    • TRASKA: Summiteer (black)

Quote Originally Posted by ck2k01 View Post
    A beaut. Guy has a very cool design language. I like the sophomore trial of a more typical case shape, as well as a more traditional dial layout (yet with some less common and aesthetically pleasing pizzaz). And at 6.5” I love the dimensions.
    Thanks for the heads up
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually it's not their sophomore trial as they already have 2 previous watches available in the DRZ Type 250F and the DRZ 02. The 250 by the way has a more typical case shape and is also 40mm.
    sergiom4 and ck2k01 like this.

Thank you very much Jason for opening the thread, I’ll be very glad to discuss with all of you any detail. Cheers!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information