UTS Watches and Comfort? Oxymoron?
Like Tree10Likes
  • 6 Post By supawabb
  • 3 Post By BevHillsTrainer
  • 1 Post By Watches503

Thread: UTS Watches and Comfort? Oxymoron?

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member OneEyeMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    510

    UTS Watches and Comfort? Oxymoron?

    Hello all.
    I'd like to hear from all you UTS owners about the comfort of your watches.
    Yeah, they're big and chunky but much is said about the lug design contributing to how comfortable
    they are on the wrist.
    Any watch I purchase must be comfortable as an EDC watch.
    Thickness doesn't bother me that much as I never wear dress shirts.
    However, I hate watches that dig into my wrist bone, feel top heavy such that they are aways trying to rotate around the wrist, and generally
    produce hot spots.
    Clearly, their thickness will contribute to them being ding and scratch magnets.
    Do the cases and bracelets ding and scratch easily, or does the steel have good enough surface hardness to resist most damage.
    Please be brutally honest in your comments.
    As always, pics are welcome.
    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Member supawabb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    7,169

    Re: UTS Watches and Comfort? Oxymoron?

    As an owner of the 1000m V2 in the Pacific Horizon blue and the Volcanic black, I will say it is by far my most comfortable diver and watch I have ever worn. To me it comes down to the down turned lugs and I wear it on rubber. It fits my wrist beautifully and I don't even know it is there. I own/have owned the Sinn U1, Doxa SUB750T's, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko SKX009/779/781's, Edox Hydrosub, Helm Vanuatu, Tactico Anko, Citizen EcoZilla(s), Citizen AutoZilla, Bali Hai Q, and many many more... the UTS wins for me. Dressy, no. Comfortable, unbelievably executed, well finished, outstanding lume, fantastic crown and bezel, YES.













  3. #3
    Member BevHillsTrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,727

    Re: UTS Watches and Comfort? Oxymoron?

    My UTS 4000m has always been one of my favorites. I don’t wear it in the bracelet much, but mesh works. Honestly one of the best made pieces I own. Wears well, I don’t notice any of the things you’re concerned about. And yes, I wear the hell out of mine :)
    Name:  B6A4D6AD-8FDA-4EBA-B19B-A4DFCF72B34D.jpeg
Views: 33
Size:  2.29 MB
    Current Collection
    Aquadive BS300 & BS300 DLC Doxa 300 T-Graph professional Ennebi Fondale Gruppo Ardito Kraken Kaiser 9500m
    H2o Kalmar 2 8000m Oceanictime Helberg CH1 Marathon JSAR, JDD Orient ​Saturation Diver Prometheus ​Poseidon DLC Rolex Oyster Royal
    Seiko SUN019 ​Sinn U1 SDR Charmex Swiss Military 20,000ft UTS 4000m WCT 1000m Diver Zixen DSR-1000, DSR-1000 GMT

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member hugof3C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas là. Si vous n'êtes pas là non plus, il n'y a personne.
    Posts
    1,330

    Re: UTS Watches and Comfort? Oxymoron?

    different models, different straps, wrists, worn lower / upper on the arm, likes, etc.
    any honest answer you get may be the opposite to your individual experience.
    you know they're big & heavy,
    if it doesn't work for you with the original set up, try to figure out why and compensate for that with a different strap / bracelet.
    if still not perfect,
    it's a decision of selling or accepting it for what it is,
    but not really a question others's experience will count for much

  6. #5
    Member Watches503's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oakdale, CA
    Posts
    5,614

    Re: UTS Watches and Comfort? Oxymoron?

    Quote Originally Posted by supawabb View Post
    As an owner of the 1000m V2 in the Pacific Horizon blue and the Volcanic black, I will say it is by far my most comfortable diver and watch I have ever worn. To me it comes down to the down turned lugs and I wear it on rubber. It fits my wrist beautifully and I don't even know it is there. I own/have owned the Sinn U1, Doxa SUB750T's, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko SKX009/779/781's, Edox Hydrosub, Helm Vanuatu, Tactico Anko, Citizen EcoZilla(s), Citizen AutoZilla, Bali Hai Q, and many many more... the UTS wins for me. Dressy, no. Comfortable, unbelievably executed, well finished, outstanding lume, fantastic crown and bezel, YES.












    Yup. I had one of these and it was such a comfy wristhugger that I almost couldn’t believe it considering the size.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    supawabb likes this.
    Instagram: @divers_mainly

  7. #6
    Member soukchai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    New Zealand/UK/Laos
    Posts
    567

    Re: UTS Watches and Comfort? Oxymoron?

    I have a V2 and it is very comfortable - the rubber strap it came with is superb.
    I dont wear it a lot though, as it tends to get banged against door frames, gates, and walls with it being just as few mm thicker than my other watches, picking up a few scratches.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Member supawabb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    7,169

    Re: UTS Watches and Comfort? Oxymoron?

    Quote Originally Posted by hugof3C View Post
    different models, different straps, wrists, worn lower / upper on the arm, likes, etc.
    Definitely true. The 4000m version will weigh more and be thicker. I tried my 1000m on an ISOfrane and didn't like it. Tried it on a composite strap and hated how it wore. Put it back on the facotry rubber and instant "Aaahhhhhhhhh." I also wear my watches low, and have 7.5 inch wrists.


    Quote Originally Posted by hugof3C View Post
    different models, different straps, wrists, worn lower / upper on the arm, likes, etc.
    any honest answer you get may be the opposite to your individual experience.
    you know they're big & heavy,
    if it doesn't work for you with the original set up, try to figure out why and compensate for that with a different strap / bracelet.
    if still not perfect,
    it's a decision of selling or accepting it for what it is,
    but not really a question others's experience will count for much[/QUOTE]

    As far as being big and heavy, on the rubber that comes with I don't even notice I am wearing it. If I were to have it on the bracelet, that would be an entirely different story.


    Quote Originally Posted by soukchai View Post
    I have a V2 and it is very comfortable - the rubber strap it came with is superb.
    I dont wear it a lot though, as it tends to get banged against door frames, gates, and walls with it being just as few mm thicker than my other watches, picking up a few scratches.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Have to say with as often as I wear mine, I am fortunate it looks nearly new in box as I do not tend to bang my watches often at all.

  9. #8
    Member hugof3C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas là. Si vous n'êtes pas là non plus, il n'y a personne.
    Posts
    1,330

    Re: UTS Watches and Comfort? Oxymoron?

    Quote Originally Posted by supawabb View Post
    As far as being big and heavy, on the rubber that comes with I don't even notice I am wearing it. If I were to have it on the bracelet, that would be an entirely different story.

    I never wear anything but big diver's and few were TI, never on a bracelet, and I also often feel like there's nothing on the wrist,
    but I can't convince anyone coming from dress / smaller watches of that, which is why I mentioned it as an individual variable.

    I don't wear but still own a ploprof 1200 on mesh,
    wore it over a year on an isofrane and didn't bother me any more than a quartz timex would,
    but a friend who asked to try it on a few times, bigger guy than me, wouldn't be convinced of that even while sitting down with a cup of coffee,
    and would have sold it before he got used to it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •