Which version of the Lorier Neptune should I get?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Which version of the Lorier Neptune should I get?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which version of the Lorier Neptune should I get?

Iím thinking of getting a Lorier Neptune but canít decide whether to get version 1 or version 2.

Here are some side by side photo comparisons:

https://www.lorierwatches.com/blogs/...dates-detailed

They are both the same case diameter but the dial on version 2 is larger.

Both are nice watches, but Iím thinking that though they are both the same diameter, version 2 in the photos gives the illusion of being larger, and I prefer small watches.

What do any of you think about this size difference illusion? Do any of you see it?

Obviously, as some of you will be thinking, I should buy what I like best. But I like them both equally at this stage, and so need help in deciding which one I should get based on your opinions.

By the way, is version 1 still available? Itís not listed on Lorierís website anymore. If it isnít still available then my problem is solved.

Thanking you in advance for any suggestions offered.

Re: Which version of the Lorier Neptune should I get?

v1 is not available except 2nd hand

v1 I liked more for sane reasons as you

Thanks.

Pity V1 is no longer available.

It was the small dial and visible inner “ring” around it that made it different. In comparison V2 looks like any other standard vintage-style diver on the market today. Maybe Lorier decided to follow market trends.

V1 will now no doubt become a much desired collectors piece.
    Last edited by Engels; 3 Days Ago at 22:15.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

EPK

If you're patient, you can find a V1.

I actually prefer V2 but they're both very nice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I prefer v2 and in fact sold my v1 blue Neptune and picked up a Hydra in black/gilt, which is honestly one of the best looking watches I own. I feel odd favoring it so heavily given it's one of my least expensive pieces. This may sound bonkers but I like it so much that it has booted the BB58 off my "want" list.

I met up with Lorenzo, one of the owners of Lorier, last weekend for a bit of watch shopping/ogling. He had the v2 Neptune in black/gilt on wrist and I think it looks fantastic. The new crystal - domed versus boxed in the v1 - makes an enormous difference. Although the case has remained the same, I think the larger dial and handset work better with the overall chunkiness of the watch. I'm actually thinking of picking up a Neptune v2 once they become available again.

Name:  lorier.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  159.3 KB
    Last edited by LosAngelesTimer; 3 Days Ago at 01:40.

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesTimer View Post
    I prefer v2 and in fact sold my v1 blue Neptune and picked up a Hydra in black/gilt, which is honestly one of the best looking watches I own. I feel odd favoring it so heavily given it's one of my least expensive pieces. This may sound bonkers but I like it so much that it has booted the BB58 off my "want" list.

I met up with Lorenzo, one of the owners of Lorier, last weekend for a bit of watch shopping/ogling. He had the v2 Neptune in black/gilt on wrist and I think it looks fantastic. The new crystal - domed versus boxed in the v1 - makes an enormous difference. Although the case has remained the same, I think the larger dial and handset work better with the overall chunkiness of the watch. I'm actually thinking of picking up a Neptune v2 once they become available again.

I love the gilt dial with the gold hands. but the white hour markers being so white.....looks a bit strange without a bit of yellow in it. What do you think?

I'm not a fan of pre-aged, yellowish lume so I very much like the aesthetic decision to go with white despite the fact that Lorier's designs are clearly vintage inspired.

I don't think you'll regret it. As for the look of the v2 vs. v1 - the biggest improvement is the increased length of the hands. The watch face is much bolder and more legible in its latest iteration, at least to my eye.

Oh and to answer your question: the v2 looks larger, no doubt. I also happen to think it looks more complete for reasons I've already addressed.
    Last edited by LosAngelesTimer; 3 Days Ago at 06:07.
    Nokie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesTimer View Post

I have small wrists though. And though both watches are the same size, the V2 looks larger—at least in photos of it on wrists.

If it helps to provide a point of reference, I believe Lorenzo’s wrist (pictured) is under 6.5 inches.

[QUOTE]I don't think you'll regret it. As for the look of the v2 vs. v1 - the biggest improvement is the increased length of the hands. The watch face is much bolder and more legible in its latest iteration, at least to my eye./QUOTE]

My friend has the v2 and it is really sharp in person.
    LosAngelesTimer likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information