Very Weird---i Picked 3 Watches To Wear For 2 Months---guess What?

Thread: Very Weird---i Picked 3 Watches To Wear For 2 Months---guess What?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Very Weird---i Picked 3 Watches To Wear For 2 Months---guess What?

I am on a self-imposed-watch-buying-ban....Many of you, (if you're not Sean) are familiar with The S.I.W.B.B.

........when I got past 80, it just became silliness.

So I just randomly picked 3 watches, and put everything else in my safety deposit box.

Ocean7 G-2 PVD Chrono
    '79 Omega Marine Chronometer (inherited from my Grandfather)
    Rolex 18K Yacht-Master

......it wound up being a pretty good mix, i feel like I have every base covered. Dive, Dress, & Different.....but still all ....."divers". I didn't intentionally pick these, it was a snap-decision.

I love quartz & I love vintage & I love PVD.

So I only have to set the Rolex, the others are grab-n-go (huge plus for me)

Weird thing is----I havent even THOUGHT about all my gorgeous stuff sitting in the dark in some box at the bank.....honestly, not once...you think those little guys are mad at me?

Yeah, yeah-- we all have the LM-7 incoming , then there's that Polluce still outstanding....but other than that I.... may...... be .....GASP........cured?!!?

hmmmmmmmm....................thoughts?

Re: Very Weird---i Picked 3 Watches To Wear For 2 Months---guess What?

you're not cured. You're only in remission. :D
    ::The Rotation::
    Rolex GMT Master IIc . IWC Fliegeruhr Mark XVI . Omega Electric Blue Seamaster x2 (his and hers) . Sinn 657 S . UZI Guardian on Velcro Strap . Casio G-Shock G-7800B-1DR + GW-5000 + GW-7900B + GWX-56GB + F91W + DW-6900MS . Benarus Remora Sapphire Bezel . Fossil Maddox Shrouded Lug Diver . Tag Heuer Formula1 Grande Date . Bernardt Binnacle Anchor . Swiss Legend Conqueror . Citizen Signature Perpetual Diver . Timex Military Expedition T498789J

Interesting.

For nearly 3 years, I only wore ONE watch. A Jaeger LeCoultre Dualmatic. It was given to me by my wife for a milestone birthday, and I cherish it. The watch originally had a medium-brown alligator strap, but I recently replaced the worn out original with a dark-brown alligator strap. Feels brand-new again.

Honestly, that watch is all I need. It has a timing bezel, is WR enough for my needs, looks good with a suit, a polo shirt, and even a t-shirt, has dual-time for when I travel, and is not on the wrist of everyone. After 3 years it still can stay dead-on with the atomic clock if I vary the position every other day, and I've never experienced timing anomalies even though I've traveled around the world with it, shot firearms wearing it, mountain biked, hiked, swam, spilled fuel on it, worn it when crewing for a race team, and done extensive desk-diving with it (LOL).

I have ended my SIWBB and I'm back to rotating watches... But sometimes I think back to those 3 years and the simplicity of it all with fondness. So maybe I need to re-instate the SIWBB again, or maybe even the SIOW (Self Imposed One Watch).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 00Photo View Post
    you're not cured. You're only in remission. :D

HAHAHAHA! I think he's got your number there. ;D ... but I won't be a an enabler, so let's just say that you have my support and crossed fingers in achieving your goal.

haha!

I bet the safety box is open by now.
    Cheers!
    Ken Vella

Dive watch fanatic since 1987

Wow! That sounds like one amazing watch. I don't think I'd dare even try golfing with my watch on, worried that it might fall apart at the first contacting swing. ;D Glad you shared that info with us. So what is a SIWBB? I'm so un-schooled in the internet lingo.

haha. Awesome! Wow I'm so new to all this. Also, what is the WIS I keep seeing. I've tried many times, but can't figure it out. I just recently got what IMO means (In My Opinion), however am confused as to whether the "H" in IMHO is "Honest" or "Humble".

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond 'The Box' View Post
    haha. Awesome! Wow I'm so new to all this. Also, what is the WIS I keep seeing. I've tried many times, but can't figure it out. I just recently got what IMO means (In My Opinion), however am confused as to whether the "H" in IMHO is "Honest" or "Humble".
    WIS is Watch-Idiot-Savant WABI can either be the Japanese Wabi-Sabi or "Worn and Broken In" (basically the same idea...) Always thought H was for honest, but I like humble as well!

Back to the OP (original post), my New Years Resolution SIWBB is still in place, 28 days out! Shocking as it may sound, the two in my signature fill all my needs (although I've been sorely tempted lately to switch out the SAR for a trit tubed G or T version)

It can be done.....I think
    "Strength equals health; one cannot be healthy without being strong."-Eugene Sandow

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond 'The Box' View Post
    WIS is Watch Idiot Savant, or "watch dork" like us guys here.

IMHO=humble, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by tallguy View Post
    WIS is Watch-Idiot-Savant WABI can either be the Japanese Wabi-Sabi or "Worn and Broken In" (basically the same idea...) Always thought H was for honest, but I like humble as well!

Back to the OP (original post), my New Years Resolution SIWBB is still in place, 28 days out! Shocking as it may sound, the two in my signature fill all my needs (although I've been sorely tempted lately to switch out the SAR for a trit tubed G or T version)

It can be done.....I think
    get the quartzer!....i mean: DONT BUY ANY MORE WATCHES!...i mean........

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information