What watch do you want to be buried with?

Thread: What watch do you want to be buried with?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Off topic What watch do you want to be buried with?

And know for a Macabre theme... What is the watch that you want to take with you? Just assume that there's an afterlife and you need to know the time there . Basically this is almost the same as asking, if you could have only one, what would it be? But you can also interpret it like: what do I want to wear in my own burial? Do you really want to leave that decision to someone else?

Only people with a sense of humor, please!

For me, I would like to go with CX 20.000 feet,because there's a real chance that I might go deeper than that , and the ride might be bumpy. At least this question is sure to win me a heated seat on the way down
    Last edited by OnTimeGabe; September 5th, 2009 at 16:44.

Re: What watch do you want to be buried with?

Have to be my Doxa 750T Pro - but when I'm really buried, I want somebody else to have all my watches - wouldn't want to think of one wasted in a casket!
    Doxa 750T Pro, Bernhardt Globemaster, MKII Stingray 50

Paradoxically, the one that I'd want to be buried with would be the one that I wore the most, and also the one that I'd like to leave behind for my daughter.

I still have the Bulova auto that my dad wore the whole time I knew him. It was the only watch he wore, and I don't think I ever saw him take it off except to shower. That thing went through everything for the 12 years that I knew him before he died, and knowing that, I don't worry too much about how autos stand up to activities.

Sorry for the digression.... does that mean I don't have any sense of humor?

I guess the "One" would be my Breitling Aerospace, limited edition... so to speak. You can see it over on the Breitling forum, in the "Aerospace on Alternative Straps" thread.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    Have to be my Doxa 750T Pro - but when I'm really buried, I want somebody else to have all my watches - wouldn't want to think of one wasted in a casket!
    So true...When I was a kid I saw "Night of the living dead" and at the time I didn't really think about it, but the horror film bug caught me and now I see horror movies all the time, but now I DO think think about it, and in all the modern Zombie movies, the dead rise from their graves wearing everything they did when they were alive: including watches. That's what got me thinking of this thread

This automatic, so when I'm raised from the dead... just few shakes and I'll have a working watch...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Paradoxically, the one that I'd want to be buried with would be the one that I wore the most, and also the one that I'd like to leave behind for my daughter.

Sorry for the digression.... does that mean I don't have any sense of humor?
    I totally relate to that.

Sorry for the sense of humor bit, I just wanted this to be a light hearted thread. Of course that doesn't mean that you can't take it seriously if you want to. My father is alive and well, thankfully, but in my 35 years of life I've always seen him wear the same Seiko automatic, with no kind of service whatsoever, except for a direct hit from a ball in a soccer match about 20 years ago. At the time, the watch had to receive a new cristal and a new bracelet. I hope that watch stays in my family forever...

Quote Originally Posted by clarencek View Post
    This automatic, so when I'm raised from the dead... just few shakes and I'll have a working watch...
    That would be a mean Zombie watch!!!

I will need one with a loud alarm function in order to wake me up

I love all my watches, but I think I'd rather see them live on telling time for the living; I'd pass them on to mainly friends.
    ..............Rolex
    Omega
    Breitling TAG Heuer
    Seiko Citizen G-Shock

Quote Originally Posted by Fordham-NY View Post
    I love all my watches, but I think I'd rather see them live on telling time for the living; I'd pass them on to mainly friends.

In that case... can I have your watches when you are dead?

I saw that line in a movie once, and I've always wanted to say that. Don't remember the movie, but it was a little kid asking a man for his watch. Might have been a western...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information