What are your favourite small/overlooked details in your divers? And details that annoy you?
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: What are your favourite small/overlooked details in your divers? And details that annoy you?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sofia, Bulgaria (current) | Toronto, Canada

What are your favourite small/overlooked details in your divers? And details that annoy you?

I'm trying to get a feel for what people are looking for in a diver. Some are more obvious, such as the clarity of the markers, whether the bezel is lumed, etc., but I'm wondering what some of the smaller and more overlooked details are that you like/dislike in your divers. Small things that impress or annoy you.

Re: What are your favourite small/overlooked details in your divers? And details that annoy you?

Quote Originally Posted by flawless51 View Post
    I'm trying to get a feel for what people are looking for in a diver. Some are more obvious, such as the clarity of the markers, whether the bezel is lumed, etc., but I'm wondering what some of the smaller and more overlooked details are that you like/dislike in your divers. Small things that impress or annoy you.
    Thinking of starting another micro brand??

Re: What are your favourite small/overlooked details in your divers? And details that annoy you?

Outer AR coating annoys me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Seiko--the chamfering on top edge of the Sumo bezel, the crisp straight reverse chamfer of bezel side, the style and feel of the 'S' and the side edge on the winding crown.

Omega--The slight curving of both sides of EACH individual link in the PO bracelet. The PO minute hand arrow tip and the checkering of the background behind the hippo on the case-back

The way the numerals a set INTO the triangle indexs @ 12,3,6,9 on my '59 Zodiac Seawolf
    '
    The way the indents and ridges line up in alternating sequence on the bezel edge of orange Monster.

there are a lot more, maybe I'll post later.
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Favs:

Waves on SMP dial, Speedy lugs how they curve off the case, Milgauss seconds hand (I might be in the minority on that one), how long the battery has lasted on my 5600 it's been like 5 years!!!

Least:

bezel action on skx007, PO arrow hands (I used to like them now find them annoying, one would be ok like the Aqua Terra but 2 bothers me, it's too much), the shiny parts of my SMP Bond bracelet seem to wear off about an hour after it's polished

The most important thing to me other than aesthetics is crown action/feel. I think the crown is the most sensitive part of the watch that see's a lot of wear. One of my favorite watches is my Charmex Swiss Military CX 12k and a big reasons I have so much confidence in this watch is that the crown operates with the precision of a micrometer.

A small detail that I do not like on some watches is metal finish on sharp corners, mainly on bezels and lugs. I do not like metal finish ( black, pvd, ect ) on sharp metal corners because no mater how well you take care of your watch, your sleeve will wear through the finish.

If I sleep with my 'Monster' (Watch - not girlfriend), the bright hour hand does not point clearly to an hour marker. ( Is it 4:40, or is that 5:40?)
    Toothbras likes this.

I love screw in lugs, I always am changing straps and I like the ease and security of screws. Also helps to avoid scratches when changing lug bars, and has the "tool" look I do so love.
    ncmoto likes this.

I really like drilled lugs. Make so bracelet/strap removal so much easier and prevents putting tool marks on a case.
    ncmoto and 1R0NH31D3 like this.

On my TSAR I like the drilled lugs, and I was very pleasantly surprised by the matte bezel (it doesn't show in photos)...very sharp.
    Downsides are the meager lume on the second hand (GTLS would be great there), and the crystal could use some AR.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information