Your Lowest Acceptable Accuracy?
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Your Lowest Acceptable Accuracy?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Your Lowest Acceptable Accuracy?

For automatic mechanisms only - What is the lowest accuracy in a watch (seconds/24 hours) that you’re willing to accept? Clearly we all expect more from costlier watches, but what is the threshold you’re unwilling to cross, even for an inexpensive beater?

For me it’s around 10 seconds. Anything more than that is too much of a hassle for me, irrespective of how little I pay for the watch. Disclaimer: I buy my watches to wear, not collect and display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rocat, Jay_R and NatoChic like this.
    Killing Confusion By Eliminating Options

Re: Your Lowest Acceptable Accuracy?

I'm about the same - 10 seconds per day for my daily drivers. If it were, say, a cheap dress watch that I'd only wear occasionally, I'd have to wind and set it before use anyways so I wouldn't really care about accuracy at all but if it's not going to be accurate it better be cheap!

Currently my Seiko SPB077 with its 6R15 is +7.2 which is a little quick but totally managable for needs and my Squale 1521 with its ETA 2428-2 is dead nuts at 0.0 on last measure so I'm very happy with that!

For me, anything over 6 seconds and I find it really too frustrating.
    Flippito ergo sum - I flip therefore I am

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

30-45 sec/day. Having some vintage (1950s-1960s) Omega and Longines movements in gold casing I can live with a larger variation as those oldies are usual worn to dinner or some other social function and put away. It is a one night on and put up for the year. I am thinking about getting them into a series of themed collector's hands one day.

Some Seikos I have, while rated for way outside CoSC, run pretty darned accurate. I am getting a Spring Drive more for the smooth sweep than its accuracy.

I am fascinated by how accurate mechanical and automatic watches are, I am not obsessed with accuracy.
    I don't have too many watches! I have too few wrists!

-10 seconds is my limit, maybe a little more if its running faster. I always prefer a watch to gain seconds, much easier to deal with.

I dunno how these seiko guys do it +/ - 20 seconds or more daily with no hacking /handwinding would drive me mad!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    TheGanzman, Rocat and mleok like this.

+20 / -20 I swap watches so frequent that it is unnoticeable. But if my 7750 Sinn 103 gets wonky I am at the jeweler that second he opens the door.

The Sharkey's and the Estroril I have never spent a second thinking of their promptness or tardiness.
    Jay_R likes this.

+/- 10 Seconds is my cut off per day. SKX runs +6.7, BD-1 from Scurfa runs -2.1, and Tuna is 0.0. Very happy with those.
    Jay_R likes this.
    Current: Seiko SBBN033 - Tuna | Scurfa BD-1 | Certina DS Action Chronograph | G-Shock GG1000 MudMaster & GA100L-1A | Seiko SKX007 SMP mod | Tag Heuer Link | Seiko FFF

Get List: Rolex MilSpec Vintage | | Scurfa Treasure Seeker

Moved on: Dan Henry 1970 | Helm Kharaburi

I'd say about 10 seconds as well. Luckily, all my watches are within this range, even the venerable Seiko 7S26 in my Monster which routinely rips off a week without gaining even a minute.
    Jay_R likes this.

I prefer about +-15 spd, but I’ve had a couple Seikos that were around +30. One of my old Orients was running slightly over a minute per day which seemed like a bit much, but I switch watches daily so I didn’t really fuss over it.
    Omega: Aqua Terra 220.10.41.21.03.001 Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV205 Seiko: Tuna SBBN015 Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot Sinn: LE 556i Marathon: JSAR Longines: Conquest V.H.P. G Shock: Too many...

I wear a watch between roughly 7am and 10pm on a given day. After that it's back in the case and I wear a different watch the next day. I want complete accuracy sure but in reality, as long as the hour/minute are correct I don't worry too much about the seconds. If the real time is 2:45:30 and my watch is 2:45:45 and someone asks me the time (which hardly happens) I say 2:45.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information