Help with Limited Editions.

Thread: Help with Limited Editions.

Help with Limited Editions.

Newbie question here from....well....a newbie! I am looking at buying my first Panerai and have settled on a few choices. One of the choices is a PAM 523 luminor. I have noticed a few examples on Chronos 24 and other places of various limited editions. I can’t seem to find much information on these editions and the references numbers are the same (PAM 00523). The only difference is on the back it says xxxx of 1500 or in a different case of 800. Everything on the watch appears to be the same as a “non limited” 523. The dealer on Chronos was not able to proceed me with much info.....I checked the Panerai website to see if I could find more info to no avail. I was just wondering I guess is there a place where all the limited editions are listed or a specific question I should be asking in order to get info on what I would be buying? I’d just sort of like to know the nature of the edition (was it linked to a specific time, place, event, botique, etc?) ...... also is this normal for Panerai to have basically a watch and then a limited edition of a watch that really has no difference? Thanks in advance this forum has been massively useful to me!!

Re: Help with Limited Editions.

I think it’s standard edition

Every Panerai have millestimation number which consist of OP number,BB number and serial number

Even the non LE do have serial number on the case...

For example:
    Pam 111 and 23 aren’t LE
    My pam 375 have N500/2000
    My pam 345 have N037/150
    My pam 111 have E0572/3500
    My pam 23 have A1248/1500

I think there’s a section in Panerai’s homepage that shows the previous LEs

This site is a good resource:

https://www.paneraisource.com/

So is this one:

https://www.paneraicentral.com/paner...2016-facelift/

Not sure if that helps, good luck.
    The body will never go, where the mind has never been.

Rolex SD 126600, Seiko SBBN040 Golden Tuna, PAM 579, JLC MC Diving Chrono GMT NS, PAM 190 8-Days, Rolex DSSD, Sinn U1000S, Doxa '07 T-Graph & 750T Carribean, Rolex TT DJ, RXW MM20

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you so much. That list was very helpful and I now understand the numbering on the back. It seems that some sellers on chrono 24 tag the watches as limited editions and show the numbering on the back as proof as such....also will say something along the lines of “limited edition of 800”. This PAM 523 showed up when I searched with a limited edition filter on chrono 24 as a limited edition and even says so on the description. I guess you have to be aware when searching grey markets and with a lite help from WUS can sniff it out but confusing to say the least for a first time newbie Panerai buyer. Attaching pictures of the ad. Thank you for the info and links.

Name:  Adjustments.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  532.5 KB

As a newbie, be careful with grey sellers. One of the key things you’ll hear/read on pretty much any watch forum is to always buy the seller not just the watch.

What that means is if you’re going to buy from a grey seller, make sure he/she has a stellar rep. (Ask for references if they’re not a well established seller). A trusted seller goes a long way, especially if theirs a problem with a watch. I had a situation through a grey that resulted in receiving a NOS (New old stock) watch where the chrono function wasn’t working. The seller offered to take it back or help me out with the warranty process. It was such a limited run that my chances of finding another NOS piece was slim to none, so a return wasn’t going to work. The seller stuck with me throughout the process until it was resolved to my satisfaction. He also covered shipping, and knocked off several $$$ more off our agreed to price (which was already discounted), for my troubles.

Bottom line is that a well established reputable seller, one that makes their living buying/selling watches, depends heavily on positive sales experiences to drive their business...both in repeat business and/or referrals. Negative reviews and experiences is a quick and sure way to go out of business. I imagine it’s a tough and fickle business because all it takes is for one unsatisfied customer to yell and scream loud enough to negativity effect you business.

With that said, you’ll almost always be assured that the watch is as described, not a fake, and the seller will always make it right if there’s a problem with the watch when you receive it.

My suggestion is to use sites like Chrono24 to get a start and baseline on pricing/availability but buy from trusted sellers here or other watch brand specific forums.

Welcome to the forum, good luck, and happy hunting.
    The body will never go, where the mind has never been.

Rolex SD 126600, Seiko SBBN040 Golden Tuna, PAM 579, JLC MC Diving Chrono GMT NS, PAM 190 8-Days, Rolex DSSD, Sinn U1000S, Doxa '07 T-Graph & 750T Carribean, Rolex TT DJ, RXW MM20

OP- 523 was not an LE just a low volume model. It was replaced as the 1523 with the updated movement. Dont believe websites unless u research, all LE/SE can be found on the Panerai corp website if you search.

Good luck

Thread Information