My new Pam 683 Submersible
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: My new Pam 683 Submersible

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new Pam 683 Submersible

Last July I went on a trip to New York with my wife. I hit every watch dealer and boutique I could, tried on everything, lol. My two favorite watches from the trip were the IWC Top Gun Ceramic Chronograph and the Pam 683. I have been meaning to trim down my watch collection and recently sold three pieces and turned them into the IWC, which just came in last week. I posted that on the IWC forum. The Panerai presented a different problem. I absolutely loved the watch when I tried it on, it felt perfect on my wrist. I have a Pam 1312, and although the 683 is smaller, it still has that Panerai feeling when wearing it. My wife had picked out my 1312, and the 683 was her favorite watch on the trip. I have posted several times on the forum about the movement in the 683. It is the OP XXXIV and is a Richemont movement. Panerai modifies it to their specifications, but it is not and "in-house" movement. They also call it the P.900 now, but its the same movement, I verified this with Panerai. I have maintained that the price seemed high since the previous 42mm submersible, the 682, had the 9010 fully in house movement, (anyone interested can read previous posts). However, since this hobby has no rhyme nor reason I just love the watch and kept coming back to it. I had some other watches I was going to sell and did some research. I came up with a number I was willing to pay if a dealer would take the watches I had in trade. The worse they could say was no. All were authorized Panerai dealers. Most quoted prices quite a bit higher and would not come down. I told one dealer, who I've dealt with before, the number I would do after he quoted a higher price. Quite surprisingly, he call me back and made the deal!!! And the 683 arrived today. Sorry for the long post but I tend to ramble and the quarantine has me a little punchy. Any questions about the watch, feel free to ask and I will try and answer. Oh and when I opened the box, the dealer had surprised my with a OEM orange rubber strap. Here are some quick pics.
    Name:  IMG_6085.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  657.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_6097.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  622.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_6102.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  745.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_6127.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  844.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_6143.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  313.6 KB

Re: My new Pam 683 Submersible

Wow Nice!

I just picked up the 959! Awesome PAM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    ~SaMaster14

Rolex GMT Master II 116710LN
    Omega Seamaster 300 "Spectre" 007 Limited Edition 233.32.41.21.01.001
    Omega Speedmaster Racing (rubber strap, yellow) 326.32..40.50.06.001
    Panerai Submersible 42mm PAM00959
     Watch Series 4 - 44mm Stainless Steel & Ceramic (Black) - Sapphire Crystal - GPS+LTE
    Tudor
    1959 Vintage Two-Tone Oyster Prince Automatic - Alligator Strap

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats on the new PAM! I love the look of it. One of these days I've gotta try one on

Sent from my Galaxy S20 Ultra using Tapatalk

Stunning. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Many congratulations. Looks great. Enjoy.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

The submersible is next on my list. Deciding between the black and the shark gray dials. Great looking piece

BIG congrats - Looks stunning!

Cheers

I absolutely love the black bezel on these. I wasn't a huge fan of the steel bezel on the previous gen. Great pickup and wear it in good health.

Hey man..beautiful piece, hope you wear it in the best of health.

Was wondering what if you thought if its dimensions in real life are different that on paper. For example, the modern day subs have published dimensions of 40mm but wears like a 42 due to the super case. I've looked around but haven't been able to find any opnions on how the published dimensions match with the actual case size.

That wrist shot (which is awesome btw) makes it look huge (imo more like a regular 44 vs 42). Do you find that to be the case?

Have been thinking of getting one but with sight unseen not 100% sure the size would be right. Am one of those who like PAM's to be large.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information