My Trio
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: My Trio

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Trio

Hello,

So, I was a longtime lurker and then a member for a number of years. Recently I have been traveling for work a little less and started posting and commenting. I love this forum!

I started collecting many many years ago, but my first Italian watch was an Anonimo Militare followed by at least 5 Anonimo and maybe 10 or so Panerai. Then I got obsessed with vintage cars and sort of left watch hobby. In the past two or 3 years I really started to get back into it...my list of watches I am after is embarrassing...

Anyway, I always had a fondness for the Anonimo and Ennebi and feel like they are cousins or at least they "know" each other LOL. I recently sold my 372 and 380, but I still have my 590. I am searching for a 557 and 720 or 721 (hope to acquire one of these in the next week). enough rambling...I was messing around and while the picture quality is not great, I thought it was cool enough pic to post...hope you like my TRIO

Name:  Trio.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  1.93 MB

Re: My Trio

you don't often see a collection of watches that are so different from each other as most watches these days look similar..
    but you've got a beautiful Italian Family and a very unique Trio.
    carlhaluss and bigclive2011 like this.
    The Emotion is Aroused by Something Marvelous. Gazed with Wonder.

Pink Floyd in Pilot Suits... oh, LOVE The Band.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony A.H View Post
    you don't often see a collection of watches that are so different from each other as most watches these days look similar..
    Thanks, I had a 372 and a 380 that I recently sold...I keep thinking about what's next and what makes the most sense in terms of being a long term Panerai fan? Maybe a 127, 721, or maybe I should move a watch or two and buy a pre vendome...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tony A.H View Post
    Thanks, I had a 372 and a 380 that I recently sold...I keep thinking about what's next and what makes the most sense in terms of being a long term Panerai fan? Maybe a 127, 721, or maybe I should move a watch or two and buy a pre vendome...

What made you sell the 372? Something more interesting? Asking as I just purchased my 372. It is my fifth and did feel a bit underwhelmed for some reason. My others are the 424, 590, 588 and 673.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gohmdoree View Post
    What made you sell the 372? Something more interesting? Asking as I just purchased my 372. It is my fifth and did feel a bit underwhelmed for some reason. My others are the 424, 590, 588 and 673.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This will sound insane, but at the time I was actually thinking I was over all big (over 45mm) watches. I didn't wear the 372 enough and I think or thought it was due to the size, but ever since I got the ennebi...I don't know if it's the size, the Ennebi is bronze and gets some patina so I think I wear it more because I am less worried about messing it up.

Ever since I sold the 372, I have missed it, but I am left handed and wear a watch on my right hand, so if I get another Luminor, it will be Destro...hence why my next watch might be a 557.

Don't stone me for saying this, but I much prefer the look of the 183 and 210 , movement to the P3000...so that's an issue too

i had the MM 217 for a bunch of years before the 372 came out. always felt the 217 (same case as the 127) wore bigger. don't know why.

for some reason. the 372 wears/sits more comfortably on the wrist. at least my wrist.

Stevencjain and bigclive2011 like this.
    The Emotion is Aroused by Something Marvelous. Gazed with Wonder.

Pink Floyd in Pilot Suits... oh, LOVE The Band.

Interesting trio you got there! I love the Pam , like the Ennebi but i'm not very fond of the Anonimo . Nevertheless it's your trio and i'm sure you enjoy them all.
    Stevencjain and Synequano like this.
    Gone but not forgotten :
    Hamilton Khaki King
    Squale 1521
    Longines Hydroconquest
    Damasko DA34
    Tudor Hydronaut
    Seiko 6309 7040
    Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 CV2011
    Seiko sbdc051 jdm
    Hamilton Khaki Aviation Pilot 46mm
    Stowa Flieger TO2
    Tudor Heritage Black Bay Red
    Omega Planet Ocean XL 2200.50.00
    Breitling Colt a17380

Current rotation :
    Gshock GW7900
    Edox Chronoffshore-1
    Omega Seamaster Pro Chrono 2598.80
    Tudor Pelagos 25600TN
    Panerai Radiomir Black Seal 8 days Pam 609

372’s case seems lower to the wrist when worn,especially the one with plexi crystal

Older fiddy case is taller too due to the domed crystal,it works well with lighter material (that’s why I went with 368 and 375 instead of 127 and 217 duet)

217 felt bigger than 127 because I think 217 have (slightly) thinner bezel (I’ve never owned nor worn both though so I might be wrong...)

If you notice the details even the crystal of 368 and 375 have different dome angle...

I do like your trio, very much. My hope for you is that you get your hands on the 721. Not only one of my favorite Panerai models, but one of my very favorite watches. Love the anonymous dial, and all the other details which are so true to the original. Not that this is the only Panerai model true to it's roots, but the added mystery of having that simple dial is amazing. It is likely the most unique and interesting watch I will ever own. I will be interested to learn which model you eventually end up with.

As they say, most of the fun is in the hunt!

Cheers,
    Carl
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information