New to Panerai and have some questions - Page 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New to Panerai and have some questions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Here are the pics.. hopefully it will show up since my first time posting picture on this site..

I guess I can't upload directly from my phone.. if anyone can help me upload pics, please let me know.

Re: New to Panerai and have some questions

Quote Originally Posted by dcspride View Post
    Hello guys. I am new to panerai watch. I know nothing about them but I always wanted to own one and I have opportunity to buy Luminor PAM 00590 for $3200. My question is, how much will it cost me to repolish the watch from panerai store? I am planning to meet the seller at the NY panerai boutique to check the watch to make sure its real and I will have them polish the watch.. but i want to make sure they do not over charge me. Also, how is this watch?? Anything i should be aware of before i buy this watch?? Thanks in advance for all your help!!
    I suggest you to call the NY boutique, and ask if they would give you a quote on a polish, and how long its going to take. And also if they would have watch maker on site to authenticate the watch (for a fee).

The value of a watch depends on a lot of things: model year, box / paper, condition, has it been serviced / opened up before, owner history.

You really can't just pop a question and ask if $xxxx amount is a good deal or not. Nobody can give you a proper respond without further information. And if you are interested in a PAM590, and you have access to the internet, I think its a good idea to look it up online, so you can go from "you know nothing" to "you know something". I really wouldn't want to drop $3.2k on something that I know nothing about. Just say'in. :)
    espresso&watches likes this.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

also ask the seller the reason for selling it. I agree the price is low but that also depends on the sellers situation. If he lost his job, has a ill family member, etc. these situations do happen and it can be advantageous for you as the buyer. If he is hesitant and he does not give you a good explanation that will set some red flags for me.

If he’s happy to meet you at a Panerai boutique and it’s not a real watch he certainly has some balls!!

The boutique are likely to be less than impressed with you taking a used private sale watch in for authentication but worth a try.

Box and matching numbers papers are a good start, and who knows the guy may just have had a crap trade in valuation so just wants to get a bit over that.

As for case polishing, a Panerai boutique will be the most expensive place ever for a case refinish.

Good advice is to use a local competent watch repairer.

Good luck and hope it is a real watch.
    Last edited by bigclive2011; June 15th, 2019 at 10:41.
    espresso&watches likes this.
    " I am easily impressed by the best" - Winston Churchill.

"One cannot but admire the cold-bravery and enterprise of these Italians"
    Admiral Cunningham, referring to the frogmen of the M.A.S in WW2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information