New to Panerai and have some questions
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New to Panerai and have some questions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New to Panerai and have some questions

Hello guys. I am new to panerai watch. I know nothing about them but I always wanted to own one and I have opportunity to buy Luminor PAM 00590 for $3200. My question is, how much will it cost me to repolish the watch from panerai store? I am planning to meet the seller at the NY panerai boutique to check the watch to make sure its real and I will have them polish the watch.. but i want to make sure they do not over charge me. Also, how is this watch?? Anything i should be aware of before i buy this watch?? Thanks in advance for all your help!!

Also, is that a good proce for used PAM 00590??

If you know nothing about them, why would you want such a watch? It will be interesting to see if the seller shows up at a Panerai boutique because at that price its either severely abused needing service work, fake, or stolen, but perhaps you already know that as Im sure you have heard of something called google where you can quickly and easily find out yourself how much preowned 590s go for, and its no where near the price you posted. Why it would need polishing is suspect and It is not done at the boutique, they would send to a service center which can take months.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: New to Panerai and have some questions

I second m630's comments. A price that low should be sending off alarm bells, and I can't imagine that the sales reps at the Panerai Boutique are going to be happy to spend their time facilitating a private sale - I don't believe they even provide the service of authenticating watches in the boutique, and you certainly wouldn't be able to get it polished on site.

I know they are not going to polish the watch on the site.. that's kind of obvious. They will ship it out to their service center and I am perfectly okay with that. Also I do not mind waiting a month or however long they take to polish it as long as it gets done right way. If panerai boutique will not authenticate their own watch, who will??? I am sure I can bring into well known authorized dealer but I figured I will feel better to bring it into panerai boutique. After all, it is their own watch so they should know better than anyone else out there. And I did my research on this watch and yes I do know they go for anywhere from high $4000 to high $6000 for used.. and this person is selling it for $3200 does not mean he is selling fake watch. And if this is real watch, I want to score a great deal and this is reason why I figured I come in here to as someof you experts.. I guess it was big mistake to post on here... thank but no thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by dcspride View Post
    I know they are not going to polish the watch on the site.. that's kind of obvious. They will ship it out to their service center and I am perfectly okay with that. Also I do not mind waiting a month or however long they take to polish it as long as it gets done right way. If panerai boutique will not authenticate their own watch, who will??? I am sure I can bring into well known authorized dealer but I figured I will feel better to bring it into panerai boutique. After all, it is their own watch so they should know better than anyone else out there. And I did my research on this watch and yes I do know they go for anywhere from high $4000 to high $6000 for used.. and this person is selling it for $3200 does not mean he is selling fake watch. And if this is real watch, I want to score a great deal and this is reason why I figured I come in here to as someof you experts.. I guess it was big mistake to post on here... thank but no thanks for your help.
    I'm not aware of any (though there may be some) brand boutiques that will authenticate a watch on sight. They typically require the watch to be sent off and verified by a watchmaker for a fee. Your word choice "how much will it cost me to repolish the watch from panerai store?" implied that you were expecting the watch to be polished on site, hence the replies you received.

Good luck with your purchase.

OP, understand that no one is going to sell a watch worth atleast 5K for 3K unless its suspect, you have to understand that anyone who owns such a watch can easily determine its fair price..so those of us that know the brand and values will be skeptical of such inquiries.
    Do you have pix inside and out of the watch that makes you confident in the purchase? We see too many posers/fakers to not be skeptical, and you admit that you know absolutely nothing about the brand hence out questioning. If you want to take a chance so be it, but being defensive is not the way to illicit assistance to a questionable post that doesnt seem legit. Good luck tho, its your ca$$$h.

I’d echo the others,if the price is too good to be true,there’s suspicion that things aren’t right..especially on the piece with solid caseback

Make sure that 590 actually have 8 days of PR and smooth crown winding mechanism

Quote Originally Posted by m630 View Post
    OP, understand that no one is going to sell a watch worth atleast 5K for 3K unless its suspect, you have to understand that anyone who owns such a watch can easily determine its fair price..so those of us that know the brand and values will be skeptical of such inquiries.
    Do you have pix inside and out of the watch that makes you confident in the purchase? We see too many posers/fakers to not be skeptical, and you admit that you know absolutely nothing about the brand hence out questioning. If you want to take a chance so be it, but being defensive is not the way to illicit assistance to a questionable post that doesnt seem legit. Good luck tho, its your ca$$$h.
    I don't think the OP is coming back!

Sup?? Still here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information