OP XI getting 62hr power reserve

Thread: OP XI getting 62hr power reserve

OP XI getting 62hr power reserve

After 10+ years of indecisiveness, I finally found the time and $$ to buy my first Panerai, a PAM 111.

The OP XI movement is advertised at 56hrs power reserve, however I'm getting between 60-62hrs!

Just wondering if this is unusual/not good, or if it's actually a very good sign that it's operating beautifully?

It's a 2006 I series. Last service was in 2009 however has spent it's life on rotation with many other watches, so hasn't seen a lot of wrist time since then.

Is anyone else getting 10% more power from their OP XI?

Thanks!
    Sam

Re: OP XI getting 62hr power reserve

I’ve never timed my unitas based pams but I guess it’s common

Remember that 56 hours statistics is the “useable” PR where the movement remains accurate,as we get towards the end of the PR,the accuracy usually jumps a bit (some might go fast,some might go slow)

I tried that with my 368...247 hours and 43ish minute of PR,from fully wound towards halfway full (4 on PR indicator reading),the dial up accuracy is consistently +0 spd,as the PR moved past halfway,the movement went faster to +1,after the PR indicator shows 0,the timegrapher reading showed +3 to +5

That reading was taken only on dial up position for the sake of practicality as constant variable

Re: OP XI getting 62hr power reserve

Thanks for the insight! I never knew the 56 hours was the "usable" PR. Good to know. I'll test my Speedmaster over the weekend and see how that goes (just for fun)

Love the gold hands on the 368. Sexy watch. Good choice!

Thread Information