PAM 177 on a 6.75" wrist?
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: PAM 177 on a 6.75" wrist?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

PAM 177 on a 6.75" wrist?

Tried this 177 on a little while ago and am going back and forth on whether I can really pull this off. Seems a little large with some overhang on my wrist. I tried a few others on that day, and from some angles the lugs on the other watches seem to just line up with the edge of my wrist, but it's really close. I'm including one picture of the 177 twice (rotated just in case that's easier to see). Including a couple others from the same day.

Interested to hear your honest thoughts.

Name:  panerai_177.jpeg
Views: 69
Size:  1.07 MB
    Name:  panerai_177 copy.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  1.07 MB
    Name:  panerai_177_profile.jpeg
Views: 75
Size:  274.4 KB
    Name:  panerai_5xx.jpeg
Views: 73
Size:  403.1 KB
    Name:  Panerai_Rad.jpeg
Views: 64
Size:  315.4 KB
    Name:  Panerai_1312.jpeg
Views: 54
Size:  318.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

5959HH, Synequano and Tony A.H like this.

Re: PAM 177 on a 6.75" wrist?

I have a 6.75 wrist also, and the 42mm fit best. The 40mm ones just seemed to thick, and anything over 42mm wore huge, IMO. The model numbers I forget.
    GovtFunded likes this.

Looks fine. It’s a PAM, it’s big !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    5959HH and Synequano like this.
    Proud owner of : PAM 1005 - PAM 1305 - Seiko SBDC 003- a few Casio G-Shocks - Orient M-Force auto - Swatch Irony - etc...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

B79

I can see why you’re going back and forth on this, in these pics it’s pretty borderline- I’d love to see it from further away to get a better perspective.

Anyway, great looking dive watch and they are meant to be on the large size so I’m leaning towards being an enabler.
    If you love it, go for it. I think you can make it work.

It looks great. It’s a certain look fir sure and the scale should be adjusted for Panerai scale. Oversized is the look. I wear a PAM112 on a 7 inch wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    5959HH and Synequano like this.

It's a Panerai, it's meant to be big. I wear a 44mm with a 6.5 inch wrist. Is it "objectively" too big with some lug overhang? Yep. Is anyone going to notice from more than a metre away, or more importantly, is anyone going to care? Probably not.

I'd be comfortable with any of the photos you posted. If you like the watch, buy it and enjoy it!
    5959HH, Synequano and Notorious972 like this.

I’d echo the others,pams are supposed to wear big...

I have the same wrist size as you but my daily wear is 47mm

Here’s how it looks in more natural setting

I have to agree with bjjkk. With a similar sized wrist, I wouldn't exceed 42mm. If you're asking, you're sensing that something's off. At least for you. I picked up a 42mm for dress purposes. In a suit, I don't want a watch that looks more like a bangle. So, 42 mm in a panerai, because of the lug configuration, is the largest I would go. Up to you of course, but if you're on the fence, I'd lean towards conservative.
    bjjkk likes this.

Well, to me, it looks perfect. It's a Panerai, and they are big watches. It fits your wrist just as a Panerai should IMO. I have a 7.25in wrist, and my 47mm Luminor fits just like the one 177 fits you. You can probably even wear a 47mm Radiomir, if you find one you like in the future.

Once you wear it for a while, then you will find anything else feels really small. That titanium is striking, and for that reason I would also go with that one. Get it any enjoy it!

Cheers,
    Carl

PAM 673 47mm on 7.25in wrist. Yes, it's big, but I love it!

Name:  PAM 673.JPEG
Views: 57
Size:  637.9 KB
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Thanks for all the responses everyone. Based on the opinions coming from both sides (glad to see a slight lean toward picking one up), it looks like I really am right on the edge and it'll come down to personal preference. I'll just add that any Panerai I pick up would be worn in situations ranging from business casual (typically button-down with sleeves rolled up) to casual -- hopefully including real casual on a beach somewhere. On occasions where I need to go more formal I'd probably throw something else on, unless I'm so enamored by the watch that I can't remove it from my wrist.

I'm also realizing now that finding that 177 was probably a bit of a fluke. Doesn't look like I should get my hopes up of finding a new one with any ease. The 562 and 564 look like nice alternatives, and the tobacco dial brings something to the table in my eyes, but the fact that I may not even have the option of choosing a new titanium with black dial is a bit disappointing. I'll need to get back to an AD and try some more on and see if anything grabs hold long enough to get the card out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information