Is PAM673 the most historical accurate modern Panerai timepiece to the 6152/1?

Poll: Which would you desire?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Is PAM673 the most historical accurate modern Panerai timepiece to the 6152/1?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Is PAM673 the most historical accurate modern Panerai timepiece to the 6152/1?

The 6152/1 is probably the Panerai that started it all for modern Panerai collectors with it's signature half-moon / half-crescent crown guard.

what are your thoughts?

Are there any collectors of the 6152/1 who can contribute to this story?

It was said "militare marina" branded 6152/1 were given to the italian navy personnel.

meanwhile the one with "luminor panerai" on their 6152/1 were given to the rest of the public service personnels, such as firemen, police, etc...

in that aspect, is PAM673 the most historical accurate timepiece to the 6152/1 but on an exclusive basis due to it's limited 1000 pieces supply?
    waikeekee likes this.

Re: Is PAM673 the most historical accurate modern Panerai timepiece to the 6152/1?

Bit biased as the 372 is one of my favourite PAMs

To be historically accurate the base dials are nearest, but the watches used by the Italian M.A.S were the Radiomirs, so they are probably the nearest of all.
    " I am easily impressed by the best" - Winston Churchill.

"One cannot but admire the cold-bravery and enterprise of these Italians"
    Admiral Cunningham, referring to the frogmen of the M.A.S in WW2.

Re: Is PAM673 the most historical accurate modern Panerai timepiece to the 6152/1?

Probably the most historical correct radiomir is 720/721 to 3646(I'll wait for Waikeekee,Wlover and BKCM to reply to this topic as they had a chance to hold the 3646 during Pday HK)

There are some people that refers to 6152 as a Rolex too...even though (from what I read) most 6152s are powered by angelus 240 movt instead of Rolex Cortebert 618

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

well, while the 6152 or 6152/1 were Panerais outsourced to Rolex, be it entirely or in parts, I think it's fair to deem it as a Panerai than Rolex.

Of course, Rolex evolved and won the competition, while Panerai today is a shade of itself compared to it's heydays...

Panerai are most iconic by it's half-crescent crownguard found in the later offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by Synequano View Post
    Probably the most historical correct radiomir is 720/721 to 3646(I'll wait for Waikeekee,Wlover and BKCM to reply to this topic as they had a chance to hold the 3646 during Pday HK)

There are some people that refers to 6152 as a Rolex too...even though (from what I read) most 6152s are powered by angelus 240 movt instead of Rolex Cortebert 618
    yup... most of them are powered by Angelus, from what I read online too.

I would suppose for purist, PAM673 is one up than PAM372?

what do u think?

Historically,as a diver,yes 673 is more correct in comparison to 372

However in recent years,the "marina militare" designation have been cheapened by the numerous homage makers....so while it's weird that a watch company can copyright a branch of military,I'm also grateful that they did that to prevent further cheapization (if there's such word...) of that designation

Personally I like 372 better as I already have one,and I like the regular hands a bit better than the sharp pencil hands as the regular hands do complement the slightly rounded case shape better

Too bad that 372 was launched as regular edition a bit too late,the demand for 47mm went down around 2-3 years afterwards,and P3000 (and its derivatives) can't be used on smaller case

well, the needle hands @ PAM673 makes it a historical accurate version to the 6152/1.

I can understand the value proposition for PAM372, in fact, I like the PAM372S.

that said, if we are going on the purist route, it's the PAM673 that nails it.

the only other one that could have gone closer, proportionally, is the banned RXW in their mm20 or mm30 versions.

your thoughts, pls?

and yes, I know what u mean, the chinese marketing the reverse "marina militare" is causing quite a confusion in the market.

though it's pretty odd that panerai could copyright Italian Navy as a trademark too.

hmmm, once I got hold of a 46mm to 47mm watch, there's no going back, as long as it sits flat.

I think the rolex deepsea at 44mm w such a tall profile is an uncomfortable watch to wear compare to any of the historical pams @ 47mm.

ok, anyone owns the PAM267?
    It's elusive @ only 6 pieces.

I wonder if PAM673 is the dark horse, where people are unaware that this is historically more accurate than PAM372 and the fantasy PAM127?

Anyone ever hold, see, touch, or know of a Pam00021? I understand that to be a pretty historical and coveted piece as well...

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMACC84 View Post
    Anyone ever hold, see, touch, or know of a Pam00021? I understand that to be a pretty historical and coveted piece as well...
    PAM021 are highly coveted pieces, being in precious metal and it's accurate lineage as a reissue, enhanced with it being powered by an actual historic brand (I won't use the word movement, as it has been shown that it has closer links to being Angelus alarm clock than actual watch movement.)

However, the pride of PAM is the 6152/1 which is PAM's signature to the world for it's crescent crown guard as it's hallmark.

As such, only 3 models matter.

PAM267. good luck finding that as it's limited to just 6 pieces. 1 lost it's way on a cab. facepalm moment.

PAM673. 1000 pieces but this is perhaps the most authentic of all the PAM reissues of 6152/1. Why? Totally inhouse production by PAM, from Watch Case to Movement. Severely underpriced currently... due to the below model.

PAM372. This is the democratic version of PAM673. but life is fair... if you seek nothing but the best, PAM673's restoration of the 6152/1 is closer because of it's needle hands. As a cost-cutting measure, even PAM21 did not have the needle hands... That said, I always love an unlimited version of anything so that people could start off with their first piece with the PAM372 if they have a tight budget.

Personally, I would recommend the lucky present readers to start off your first PAM with the PAM673 as it's severely underpriced now.

And then if it still rocks your boat, having the finest reissue of the historic 6152/1 in your hands... then move on to the rest of the collections in it's wildest imaginations of dial configurations, finishings, materials, etc.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information