Saying hello... and lots of pics (modem burner)

Thread: Saying hello... and lots of pics (modem burner)

Lia

Off topic Saying hello... and lots of pics (modem burner)

Hello all, a few of you may have wondered why I have not been active on the boards lately. Well, aside from a very hectic workload, I have been busy completing my requirements for graduation. Yesterday was the big day for me. After three arduous years of evening classes (while working a full-time job), I finally completed my Bachelor of Science in Business/Management degree. I was fortunate enough to have earned a company-sponsored scholarship, so not only was this a personal milestone for me, but an achievement I share with my company as well.

My next goal is to enroll in another program, which will bring me even closer towards achieving my ultimate career path. Yes, I am one of those people who have long-term career plans. However, this time around, I will have to finance the education myself, so… no rest for this gal. I plan to get myself a second job. *Sigh* Meaning, still not a lot of free time, and no more expensive watches for a very long time. I may just have to live vicariously through the forums in the meantime…. :-D

Some pictures from the commencement ceremony…

Class of 2006

Conferring of Degrees

With family...

With my Mom

My 3-year old niece, face smeared with chocolate, playing costume after the ceremony

Thanks for looking, hope everyone is well…James, you are doing a great job!!!

Re: Saying hello... and lots of pics (modem burner)

Good luck Lia and Iam sure you will acheive your goal.

Congratulation Lia to your graduation it must be a wonderful Day for you
    thanks for sharing the Pictures with us

regards

Andreas

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks God You're Back!!!

Good Lord...you take a few weeks off and the place goes straight to Hell! Anyway...forget all that long-term planning! It never pans out the way you hope...just wing it! It's always worked for me!

As for the graduation thing, I'll do Uvox one better on the "wave" thing...

It only takes a few minutes each day...keep on posting, even if it's the most lame crap!

BT

COngrats Liz.....my only question is??????? Which one of you is taller you or your niece????? I will be in Seattle this weekend....give me a call if you head south of the border!!!! Take care!

Fantastic Lia

:gold

what a great day for you and your family

and a red strap to tone in with the gown too!

hope you get a breather before you're full on back to work

Nick

Fantastic News! Congratulations Lia and all the best in your quest. We miss you dearly out here on the Cyber space watch boards and I look forward to hearing about your endeavours at the next GTG. Take care , S.:gold

Congrats LIA!:gold

I remember when I graduated. It seems like yesterday. And in terms of geology, it was. But when I got my M.B.A in Marketing the was no Internet, and the PC was JUST beginning to get popular with business.

Lia

Thank you all for your warm wishes, and Brad and Uvox, for the waaaaves too!

Brad, I will do my best to visit the boards more often. I'm glad to see new members though. That's great! And it's always refreshing to come home here and get entertained by your "unapologetic" posts. :-D

Raj, thank you, I'm working towards that...

James, just because my gown fits my niece doesn't mean that.... oh never mind. Give her a couple more years and you'll be right anyway... :-D How was Seattle? Can't afford to do much travelling right now since I'm saving up for Montreal. And heading down to Seattle can only mean one thing for me... Fox's and shopping!!!

Nick, when are you heading to Vancouver?

Sean, how's the new dad doing? Hope everyone is well. I miss Whistler.

Matt, LOL! Times change so fast, hey? I can't even begin to imagine doing research without the internet. I guess there's always the Library, but it's hard to copy and paste... :-D

Thread Information