Is there something off about this Panerai from well known dealer?
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Is there something off about this Panerai from well known dealer?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is there something off about this Panerai from well known dealer?

I want to preface this by saying I've posted this here in the public forum because I wanted a quicker answer and it'll reach more people who have dealt with this dealer. Also I'm only naming the well known dealer because his pics are watermarked. Also, I've bought and sold multiple high valued watches from DavidSW without issue or any concern. He's been nothing but excellent to work with, honestly.

I've been looking for a Panerai 372 with a sapphire crystal for a couple months. I frequently check DavidSWs and other dealers websites looking for a deal. I was just browsing now and found this. I thought, perfect this could be the one. Looks like the OEM strap that comes with it is gone, but not a deal breaker for me.

I almost didn't see it, but the watch has the wrong movement in it, I believe. I don't know the term for it, but the upper right quarter of the bridge (?) is split. I've seen this decoration of the movement in other Panerai models, but not the 372. In the 372 it's supposed to be one solid piece. Also, I thought it could have accidentally been a pic uploaded of another Panerai from behind, but the gator strap looks to match up in the front and back pics.

Panerai's website shows it as one piece. Could Panerai have accidentally put the wrong movement in their watch? Have they changed their movement, but not yet updated their website? Could this be a replica? Could he have been scammed and sold a replica? It would scare me if this wasn't caught by a dealer.

I have not reached out to DavidSW yet, I wanted to see what people thought first or if I'm mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tony A.H likes this.
    Tudor Pelagos LHD
    Omega Seamaster 300 MC Titanium
    Omega Seamaster Pro Ceramic
    Omega Speedmaster Professional

Banned

Re: Is there something off about this Panerai from well known dealer?

Why wouldn’t you just ask DavidSW? It’s not a fake, if that’s what your thinking. They don’t sell fakes

I don't think they are selling fakes. Like I said I've made multiple purchases with them, but could they have been duped into buying and selling a replica?

Tudor Pelagos LHD

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Again why not contact them instead of putting this thread out there that assumes they are doing something shady.
    Watchbreath likes this.

The Panerai forum has a pinned thread for authenticity of Panerai watches. There is an expert, Adam, who can tell you if the watch is ok. He will say yes or no, but no details (obviously, so that he doesn’t give away knowledge). I recommend posting high res pictures of the caseback there

Simon and MegaMilez like this.

I know nothing of Panerais so am not going to offer a view, but this WUS thread shows p3000 movement in both the configurations shown in your pics

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f75/qu...s-4841281.html

City - he isnt assuming the dealer is doing anything shady - he has picked up what he thinks is an anomaly and is seeking WISdom here
    he has asked twice if its possible the dealer has been duped by this - I think its a reasonable request
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

If someone was doing something shady and was confronted it would be deleted right away most likely. If they were sold a replica and one of us paid $6000 for a replica that wouldn't be great either.

I don't think anything intentionally shady is going on, on their end. It could be a limited run of the watch that I've never seen before, but I've been looking at this watch for years.

Tudor Pelagos LHD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    City - he isnt assuming the dealer is doing anything shady - he has picked up what he thinks is an anomaly and is seeking WISdom here
    he has asked twice if its possible the dealer has been duped by this - I think its a reasonable request
    The WHOLE point is why not ask the dealer or do some research. I mean 1 guy found a thread about it in a few minutes that basically answers the question. To me making a thread like this just looks bad on DavidSW when in reality this nothing wrong or even had a chance to explain

Quote Originally Posted by RacingGreen II View Post
    I know nothing of Panerais so am not going to offer a view, but this WUS thread shows p3000 movement in both the configurations shown in your pics

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f75/qu...s-4841281.html
    Correct. I know of multiple watches with this version of the movement in it. However, I have never seen this version in this watch the 372.

Tudor Pelagos LHD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information