What Panerai Are You Wearing Today? - Page 706
Like Tree41505Likes

Thread: What Panerai Are You Wearing Today?

Page 706 of 744 FirstFirst ... 206 606 656 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,060 of 7435

Re: What Panerai Are You Wearing Today?

631 after a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by bigclive2011 View Post
    Best case/strap combo!
    bigclive2011 likes this.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
    I can certainly agree about the history of Panerai. That is likely the biggest factor which attracted me in the first place. However, I can also get into some of the other brands, but I do have to do research on their history before I can really get interested. It took me years to get interested in the Speedy, for example, and never really cared for it's looks even. When I discovered the Moon watch thing, and realized I had watched the moon landing in 1969 with my Dad, the watch took on a whole new meaning. And I even started to like the looks. Now a Speedy is one of my favorite pieces.

For me, I would have to say - especially after getting my initial Panerai, the 562 - the history of the various pieces almost surpassed aesthetic aspects. So, here I am with watches for which I absolutely love the historical aspects, yet don't get the pleasure I once had in wearing them. Perhaps that makes ME the mad WIS!

Nothing wrong with being a mad WIS. Or for thinking a watch has soul. Others are welcome to disagree, but if I lived my life the way others saw fit, I would never have any fun!

Cheers,
    Carl
    Hello Carl... I think, if my memory serves me right, that you expressed some three month ago your intention of abandoning Panerai. Can you tell me what was the cause for this change of heart? Also, beside Speedy, what brand is quenching your passion for watches for the time being? I would also appreciate it if you have the time to respond to my new thread https://forums.watchuseek.com/f75/id...n-4948163.html

Regards,

Panerol
    carlhaluss and Synequano like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Panerol Forte View Post
    Hello Carl... I think, if my memory serves me right, that you expressed some three month ago your intention of abandoning Panerai. Can you tell me what was the cause for this change of heart? Also, beside Speedy, what brand is quenching your passion for watches for the time being? I would also appreciate it if you have the time to respond to my new thread https://forums.watchuseek.com/f75/id...n-4948163.html

Regards,

Panerol
    Thanks very much for your interest in my dilemma. To be honest, I can't really say what the cause was for me to kind of go off the brand. As far as the 673 Marina Militare, I honestly did find it too big after a while. Not to brag, but I do have a rather large watch collection, and there are just others that I find to be more my style. Over the past 18 months or so, one-by-one, I have manage to acquire the three Omega 60th Anniversary Trilogy models. They are all getting lots of wrist time. And my Rolex Submariner 114060 is a watch I have wanted for many years.

The odd thing is, each and every Panerai model wears very comfortable on my wrist, so that was not an issue. I am going to hang on to my 721 and see if I will still wear it. I must admit, going through the Luminor 44mm models on your other thread did kind of make me question if maybe I should have had more of the smaller models. Well, it's never too late!

Cheers,
    Carl
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

mounted on a natural horween, having a cuppa of some chinese tea,,, chill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waikeekee View Post
    mounted on a natural horween, having a cuppa of some chinese tea,,, chill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks fantastic
    waikeekee and carlhaluss like this.

Name:  5BCA16F4-910F-4B67-A2E4-FD6AC66FFCD3.jpeg
Views: 50
Size:  1.91 MB
    ALS Lange 1 | JLC TT1931 | ROLEX BLNR | AP RO15400 | NOMOS Tangente | OMEGA Seamaster 1957 | IWC Portuguese | BLANCPAIN FF Mil-Spec | PAM 217 | H. ASAOKA Kurono

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  1.60 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images

" I am easily impressed by the best" - Winston Churchill.

"One cannot but admire the cold-bravery and enterprise of these Italians"
    Admiral Cunningham, referring to the frogmen of the M.A.S in WW2.

Lots of weirdness going on nowadays with double posts, and now double attachments!!
    carlhaluss likes this.
    " I am easily impressed by the best" - Winston Churchill.

"One cannot but admire the cold-bravery and enterprise of these Italians"
    Admiral Cunningham, referring to the frogmen of the M.A.S in WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
    Thanks very much for your interest in my dilemma. To be honest, I can't really say what the cause was for me to kind of go off the brand. As far as the 673 Marina Militare, I honestly did find it too big after a while. Not to brag, but I do have a rather large watch collection, and there are just others that I find to be more my style. Over the past 18 months or so, one-by-one, I have manage to acquire the three Omega 60th Anniversary Trilogy models. They are all getting lots of wrist time. And my Rolex Submariner 114060 is a watch I have wanted for many years.

The odd thing is, each and every Panerai model wears very comfortable on my wrist, so that was not an issue. I am going to hang on to my 721 and see if I will still wear it. I must admit, going through the Luminor 44mm models on your other thread did kind of make me question if maybe I should have had more of the smaller models. Well, it's never too late!

Cheers,
    Carl
    Thank you for your response Carl. Beside my interest in knowing the mindset of true watch aficionados, it's people like you, BigClive, Synequano, Waikeekee, Traveller, just to name a few, that showed me what real Paneristi are, and increased my interest in Panerai. I would hate to see you leave this unique watch community. I must admit that my insistance for you to participate in my other thread was to have your input, of course, and also to try to revive your interest for the brand. I am happy to see that the 44mm draw your attention, and I hope to see an incoming in the near future.

Regards,

Panerol
    bigclive2011 and carlhaluss like this.

Thread Information