[Big armor, small vibrating heart] Concept for Miyota 2115 - Page 3
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: [Big armor, small vibrating heart] Concept for Miyota 2115

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21
    Member Karriope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    288

    Re: [Big armor, small vibrating heart] Concept for Miyota 2115

    I'm basically doing the same thing as you. I have a concept model in 3D. You can consider approaching a manufacturer at this point, they're quite accessible nowadays it seems.
    Bilelartworks likes this.

    DEVELOPED IN DARKNESS

    MWW P. Marcidus | SNGLRTY OHI-4 | GallioTempo Trident | COA Studios Eclipse
    Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 (A10) | Spinnaker Bradner
    Ball Engineer Master II Diver TMT (P1J) | Tudor Pelagos LHD | Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    50

    Re: [Big armor, small vibrating heart] Concept for Miyota 2115

    Quote Originally Posted by Karriope View Post
    I'm basically doing the same thing as you. I have a concept model in 3D. You can consider approaching a manufacturer at this point, they're quite accessible nowadays it seems.
    i need to make technical blueprints before aproaching a manufacturer right ?

  3. #23
    Member Karriope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    288

    Re: [Big armor, small vibrating heart] Concept for Miyota 2115

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilelartworks View Post
    i need to make technical blueprints before aproaching a manufacturer right ?
    Turns out, no, some of them will do design work for you. But if you want it made exactly to your specification you can draw them yourself which could save cost.
    Bilelartworks likes this.

    DEVELOPED IN DARKNESS

    MWW P. Marcidus | SNGLRTY OHI-4 | GallioTempo Trident | COA Studios Eclipse
    Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 (A10) | Spinnaker Bradner
    Ball Engineer Master II Diver TMT (P1J) | Tudor Pelagos LHD | Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Leiden,the Netherlands
    Posts
    85

    Re: [Big armor, small vibrating heart] Concept for Miyota 2115

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilelartworks View Post
    Attachment 14285049

    an update of the concept, the Miyota quartz will be replaced with an automatic movement.
    this was a fast render, that explains the grainy noise, i was looking for a quick result not looking for the quality yet, still many things to adjust.
    This better: on the other hand you can use the 'mirror' ring as a feature and make markings smaller/ shorter and get rite of the numbers on it.. So you use the mirror to get nice long markings that move while mirroring...


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Bilelartworks likes this.

  6. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Leiden,the Netherlands
    Posts
    85

    Re: [Big armor, small vibrating heart] Concept for Miyota 2115

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilelartworks View Post
    ah i see, its more suited for engineering and makes technical drawing and 3d printing easier. good choice.
    i tend to focus on the design area so i use Blender which is free opensource 3D package, not very suited for engineers but can do technical stuff. but i believe it can be tweaked for precision modeling and 3D printing.
    what about funding in kickstarter ?
    Funding in kickstart er is good but you need direction a prizing and need to have done some research where you let you part be made...


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Bilelartworks likes this.

  7. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    50

    Re: [Big armor, small vibrating heart] Concept for Miyota 2115

    Quote Originally Posted by ProdCastDesign View Post
    This better: on the other hand you can use the 'mirror' ring as a feature and make markings smaller/ shorter and get rite of the numbers on it.. So you use the mirror to get nice long markings that move while mirroring...


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    a creative idea, ill see if it will look good.

  8. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    50

    Re: [Big armor, small vibrating heart] Concept for Miyota 2115

    Quote Originally Posted by ProdCastDesign View Post
    and get rite of the numbers on it..

    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    by this you mean writing small minutes numbers besides the index ?
    Last edited by Bilelartworks; July 7th, 2019 at 14:48.

  9. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Leiden,the Netherlands
    Posts
    85

    Re: [Big armor, small vibrating heart] Concept for Miyota 2115

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilelartworks View Post
    by this you mean writing small minutes numbers besides the index ?
    Yes... keep mirror ring clean from numbers


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Bilelartworks likes this.

  10. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    50

    Re: [Big armor, small vibrating heart] Concept for Miyota 2115

    Quote Originally Posted by ProdCastDesign View Post
    Yes... keep mirror ring clean from numbers


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Name:  Cap-64-ref.JPG
Views: 20
Size:  136.7 KB

    i kept the reflective ring clean from numbers, but now i dont know if its good idea to have a mirror surface inside the watch, also not sure of what material should be used for that inner ring. the case is obviously stainless steel but that reflective surface ...
    ProdCastDesign likes this.

  11. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    50

    Re: [Big armor, small vibrating heart] Concept for Miyota 2115

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilelartworks View Post
    Name:  Cap-64-ref.JPG
Views: 20
Size:  136.7 KB

    i kept the reflective ring clean from numbers, but now i dont know if its good idea to have a mirror surface inside the watch, also not sure of what material should be used for that inner ring. the case is obviously stainless steel but that reflective surface ...
    i think im going back to the design where the numbers are on the case inside ring, i contacted some manufacturer and they said it can be done. but i will try to deal with the overreflective surface.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •