Is this the best Chronograph? ⌚👌 New Concept Design!!

Thread: Is this the best Chronograph? ⌚👌 New Concept Design!!

Is this the best Chronograph? ⌚👌 New Concept Design!!

We are excited to announce our new Concept Design. The concept started over 5 years ago and we think it has reached functional maturity. We are proud to say that many people are calling it "the best chronograph"!

It is called Cronosurf Wave.

The physical watch does not exist yet, but you can try its full functionality already on our simulator, or, as we call it: the virtual prototype. It is available as an app for Android devices and Wear OS watches on Google Play. If you don't have one of these devices, you can still try it on our website: https://cronosurf.com, where it runs with HTML5 technology and JavaScript (runs best on desktop or notebook browsers).

Cronosurf Wave is packed with features, too many to list them here. The best way to get an idea of the rich functionality is to have a look for yourself at the demo video down below.

We know that watch enthusiasts here at Watchuseek are people who know a great deal about watches.
    Please share your thoughts about the concept with us.

Name:  CSW-forum.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  69.8 KB
    Cronosurf Wave - The Concept

Name:  comparison-logo-classic-4Forum.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  104.6 KB
    The app on Android

Name:  v2.3.0-FossilQExplorist-4Forum.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  129.5 KB
    The app as watch face on a Fossil Q Explorist (Wear OS)

Name:  video.png
Views: 25
Size:  162.1 KB
    Demo video

Re: Is this the best Chronograph? ⌚👌 New Concept Design!!

Busy dial. At least for me.
    So is this a smart watch, quartz, or mechanical?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    "Every idea spawns another, therefore no idea is bad." -Scott Kraemer

Very very busy. Still interesting for the right wearer I suppose

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by slikmetalfab View Post
    Busy dial. At least for me.
    So is this a smart watch, quartz, or mechanical?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your valuable comment!

Cronosurf Wave is busy indeed - this is by design. The concept targets users who love lots of information at a glance as well as rich functionality. We also designed two models which are simple and elegant (Breeze and Air) and are also available as apps for Android. However, we see Cronosurf Wave as our flagship since it has been so successful as an app - over half a million downloads. You can find user testimonials here: https://cronosurf.com/testimonials.

Cronosurf Wave is a concept for now, it does not exist physically, but the virtual prototypes are very real. Smartwatch users can already enjoy its full functionality. The physical watch is planned to have a high end quartz movement, with direct drive to every moving part, probably solar powered and with automatic time syncing (either through radio control or via Bluetooth link with from the user's phone).

Quote Originally Posted by Mjsusc View Post
    Very very busy. Still interesting for the right wearer I suppose
    Thanks for your comment. Yes, it is probably a matter of taste. We also have a simple design. See our reply above (to slikmetalfab).

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

My first impression is that as a graphical interface for a smartwatch, this design is not particularly fit-for-purpose. A smartwatch screen layout should change entirely depending on the mode. But then I realised that the purpose of this 'watch' is purely as a demonstrator for an as-yet-unbuilt quartz watch. So now it makes sense. This seems like a very effective way to road test a complex dial layout.

So my impression of this design as a quartz multifunction watch is that it is busy and confusing until the user manual has been fully absorbed. I wouldn't bother, simply because my eyes can no longer cope with such fine detail on a watch. Putting that aside, what I like is that you seem to have started with a clean sheet and attempted to add back in only the minimum that is necessary to achieve what you want, and you seem to have given some thought as to what is needed in a watch for a particular 'theme' or set of use-cases. Although on balance, I still feel that you have got a little too ambitious regarding the total number of functions. I like the prominence of the mode indicators, without which the user would probably get hopelessly lost.

I question the feasibility, as regards engineering, of the calendar rings on a physical watch.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

I like it! It IS a very busy dial, yet I can tell what time it is at a quick glance which is more than I can say for many Chronograph watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    My first impression is that as a graphical interface for a smartwatch, this design is not particularly fit-for-purpose. A smartwatch screen layout should change entirely depending on the mode. But then I realised that the purpose of this 'watch' is purely as a demonstrator for an as-yet-unbuilt quartz watch. So now it makes sense. This seems like a very effective way to road test a complex dial layout.

So my impression of this design as a quartz multifunction watch is that it is busy and confusing until the user manual has been fully absorbed. I wouldn't bother, simply because my eyes can no longer cope with such fine detail on a watch. Putting that aside, what I like is that you seem to have started with a clean sheet and attempted to add back in only the minimum that is necessary to achieve what you want, and you seem to have given some thought as to what is needed in a watch for a particular 'theme' or set of use-cases. Although on balance, I still feel that you have got a little too ambitious regarding the total number of functions. I like the prominence of the mode indicators, without which the user would probably get hopelessly lost.

I question the feasibility, as regards engineering, of the calendar rings on a physical watch.
    Thanks for your comprehensive feedback and comments. You are right. A feature rich watch like Cronosurf Wave leads inevitably to small graphical items. There is always a trade off to be made, and naturally, one design can not satisfy all needs. That said, we value very much all users' opinions. Although the concept has already reached a high maturity, we still want to keep on improving it.

Regarding the engineering, we fully agree with you. The calendar rings on the physical watch will be a technical challenge. But we think it will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyjack View Post
    I like it! It IS a very busy dial, yet I can tell what time it is at a quick glance which is more than I can say for many Chronograph watches.
    Thanks cowboyjack!

Thread Information