Book - Watches: How To Design, Manufacture and Build a Brand by Jahn Karsybaev
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By phydaux

Thread: Book - Watches: How To Design, Manufacture and Build a Brand by Jahn Karsybaev

Book - Watches: How To Design, Manufacture and Build a Brand by Jahn Karsybaev

Saw this on Amazon. It purports to contain the secrets of how to launch a wristwatch micro brand. The Kindle version was cheap so I grabbed it. All I can say is that you get what you pay for.

The dead tree version is only 98 pages. Early on the author lists his various accomplishments, such as being a CEO of several watch companies and being an executive consultant for Fortune 500 companies. No where in his list of accomplishments does it say that he successfully completed 11th grade English class. And it shows.

The book reads like some one rambling off the top of their head into a tape recorder. The author makes up for his very frequent incomplete sentences by having occasional run-on sentences. He seems to have sprinkled salt on the paper he was writing on, and where ever a grain of salt landed he added a comma.

In parity to its brevity and poor structure is the book's utter dearth of content. The author the tempts reader with promises of appendices with contact information for small watch manufacturers and freelance watch designers. He then goes on at length on how to tell a watch dial from a spring bar, information the author assures the reader that an aspiring watch entrepreneur needs to know. The promised appendices are glaringly absent.

If anyone is tempted to buy this book, or read it, they would be better served by pouring course beach sand into their eyeballs, and following it up with eye drops made from alcohol & lemon juice.

I assure everyone reading this review that I have been much MORE KIND in my review than this book actually deserves.
    flowstate247 likes this.

Re: Book - Watches: How To Design, Manufacture and Build a Brand by Jahn Karsybaev

OMG, that bad huh? :D Thanks for the heads up.

Re: Book - Watches: How To Design, Manufacture and Build a Brand by Jahn Karsybaev

Maybe he was a CEO at several watch companies because he wasn't very good at it?

DEVELOPED IN DARKNESS

MWW P. Marcidus | SNGLRTY OHI-4 | GallioTempo Trident | COA Studios Eclipse
    Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 (A10) | Spinnaker Bradner
    Ball Engineer Master II Diver TMT (P1J) | Tudor Pelagos LHD | Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight

Thread Information