The Carpathia Ascent Swiss made Automatic - Page 2
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: The Carpathia Ascent Swiss made Automatic

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: The Carpathia Ascent Swiss made Automatic

Thank you!
    We are 9 days from launch on kickstarter early bird will be 600 usd although we may add a super early bird of 10 watches. Those that subscribe to our mailing list via our website will be notified first of the exact time that we will be going live on kickstarter. I am not putting any links on here as I believe it is against the sites rules.
    Thanks,
    Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by markpara View Post
    Thanks for the input im glad Ive swayed someone that isnt big on dressier watches. Some just immediately say they dont like it because they are into tool or dive watches etc. im sure if you saw this in person you would love it. We are going to have swiss made on the bottom the mvmt will be changed on the front and back on the production models. :)

Funny you say the logo appeals to you as someone younger in another fb group said he hated it haha its impossible to please everyone but each design element was thought out carefully using inspiration from vintage watches like delbana, omega, doxa, atlantic etc.

That idea would be great although Błonie has actually relaunched and was bought out im nit sure if you were aware I actually purchased one of there new models ! So im not sure how that would work hmm

Hah, I didn't know about the Blonie relaunch, that's pretty cool! But what I meant was not putting that name on the dial at all, but rather using the Carpathia design with a soviet Poljot 2408 caliber inside. As you know Blonie never wound up making their own movements and closed down in early sixties, but up till that point they were using the soviet Poljot movements and I think that using these movements would be very historically fitting for a Poland-inspired timepiece.. Hope this makes sense.

t3tan3k
    markpara likes this.

I'm not into dress watches too much either, but I think the case and dial have a combined elegance. Watches of this style usually forgo numerals but I think the implementation and choice of typeface was well done. I like that the date window hasn't come at the expense of a marker, but that implies to me that the diameter of the watch is on the larger side.

I personally think the logo's a bit big and wish the date wheel was color matched, but I think it's well executed as a whole. Best of luck.
    markpara likes this.

DEVELOPED IN DARKNESS

MWW P. Marcidus | SNGLRTY OHI-4 | GallioTempo Trident | COA Studios Eclipse
    Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 (A10) | Spinnaker Bradner
    Ball Engineer Master II Diver TMT (P1J) | Tudor Pelagos LHD | Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Karriope View Post
    I'm not into dress watches too much either, but I think the case and dial have a combined elegance. Watches of this style usually forgo numerals but I think the implementation and choice of typeface was well done. I like that the date window hasn't come at the expense of a marker, but that implies to me that the diameter of the watch is on the larger side.

I personally think the logo's a bit big and wish the date wheel was color matched, but I think it's well executed as a whole. Best of luck.
    Thank you karriope,
    Growing up collection vintage watches is what inspired me to make this design. I drew influence from brands such as Atlantic, Doxa, Longines, and Omega. Size wise the watch comes in at 42mm which is slightly larger than most but not over the top. These choices were all made based on what I saw in the present market with for instance the Hamilton jazzmaster. With the being said the overall thickness is 10.85 mm which is a nice size and not to big.

Most of my design elements stemmed from the Art Deco designs in Chicago. Exaggerated lines unique colors, exaggerated numerals as well the logo and type I hand illustrated and made also to be Art Deco. The curved lugs almost to swoop off of your wrist in the elongated design.

Im glad you like it ! Thank you !!

Quote Originally Posted by t3tan3k View Post
    Hah, I didn't know about the Blonie relaunch, that's pretty cool! But what I meant was not putting that name on the dial at all, but rather using the Carpathia design with a soviet Poljot 2408 caliber inside. As you know Blonie never wound up making their own movements and closed down in early sixties, but up till that point they were using the soviet Poljot movements and I think that using these movements would be very historically fitting for a Poland-inspired timepiece.. Hope this makes sense.

t3tan3k
    Ahh yes that would be an interesting design . Def will be looking into future designs once this canpaign works out

Have you considered offering the navy sunburst dial with a matching navy strap?

DEVELOPED IN DARKNESS

MWW P. Marcidus | SNGLRTY OHI-4 | GallioTempo Trident | COA Studios Eclipse
    Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 (A10) | Spinnaker Bradner
    Ball Engineer Master II Diver TMT (P1J) | Tudor Pelagos LHD | Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Karriope View Post
    Have you considered offering the navy sunburst dial with a matching navy strap?
    Yes its difficult to please everyones strap choices but there will be a navy blue option to purchase.

Were are 3 days out from launch if you would like to view the kickstarter preview page before it goes live subscribe to our mailing list via our website

Alright guys, its been a long time coming, 3 years and we are hoping for the best . We are now live on kickstarter. We are also featured on Monochrome watches , A blog to watch , Fratello Watches, as well as The watch insider.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rpathia-ascent

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask
    Thank you all for the support !

Stargazer735 and brandon\ like this.

I like the orange dial version.

Good luck!
    markpara likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information