Casio AE1200-WH 'Casio Royale' × Mobile Suit Gundam - Amuro Ray & Char Aznable Spec
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Karriope

Thread: Casio AE1200-WH 'Casio Royale' × Mobile Suit Gundam - Amuro Ray & Char Aznable Spec

Exclamation Casio AE1200-WH 'Casio Royale' × Mobile Suit Gundam - Amuro Ray & Char Aznable Spec

This model was what got me interested in watches recently and also how I found this forum. I don't actually have one of these yet but I'm probably going to try and get one soon so I can try modding it a bit.
    If they had a solar version of this I would definitely have one already, especially if they had Casio's Multiband 6 tech.

Anyway, these are some quick mockups I made for two 1979 classic Gundam versions of everyone's favorite cheapo Bond watch. They are based on the mobile suits (piloted robots) of the two main characters.
    There have already been a lot of real Gundam watches that got released in Japan but I thought this design would be a cool base for customization, especially on the Char version because the digital-analog clock is similar to the Zaku eye.
    I put a picture of the mobile suits next to the watch so you see what I'm drawing from.

Amuro Ray's RX-78-2 Gundam
    Name:  RX-78-2_Gundam_Casio_AE1200.png
Views: 73
Size:  1.24 MB

Char Aznable's MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type
    Name:  MS-06S_Zaku_II_Casio_AE1200.png
Views: 76
Size:  1.26 MB

I don't think these would be really that hard to make in real life. Probably the hardest part would be the text and little logos but there's actually a huge amount of decals made for Gundam model kits that might work perfectly for this. The rest of it would just involve rubbing out a lot of old text, painting the main body and band, and customizing the LCD with colored films, reverse polarization (Zaku ver) and probably also swapping out the LED colors.

The original photo was taken from Nick Shabazz's video review (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjjAt8-QoUA)
    Name:  Original_Casio_AE1200.png
Views: 73
Size:  1.29 MB

Let me know if you have any comments! I think these actually look pretty good, especially the Zaku II version (although I'm biased as a Zaku fan). I might try making some other variants later since I'm more of a G Gundam/IBO guy anyway.

Re: Casio AE1200-WH 'Casio Royale' × Mobile Suit Gundam - Amuro Ray & Char Aznable Spec

An interesting idea and one that fits the style of the CASIO you're using to mockup. I think the shade of blue for the RX-78 is a bit weird though. Maybe go with white to better match the GUNDAM itself.
    And I definitely agree, the ZAKU eye comes right through with the analog clock.

I kind of wanted to get the 40th Anniversary G-Shock, ahaha.
    okiokipanic likes this.

DEVELOPED IN DARKNESS, COMING INTO THE LIGHT

MWW P. Marcidus | SNGLRTY OHI-4 | GallioTempo Trident | COA Studios Eclipse | DBZ Gamma Hawking
    Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 (A10) | Spinnaker Bradner
    Ball Engineer Master II Diver TMT (P1J) | Tudor Pelagos LHD | Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight | SEIKO Ananta SD Chronograph SPS011

Re: Casio AE1200-WH 'Casio Royale' × Mobile Suit Gundam - Amuro Ray & Char Aznable Spec

Quote Originally Posted by Karriope View Post
    An interesting idea and one that fits the style of the CASIO you're using to mockup. I think the shade of blue for the RX-78 is a bit weird though. Maybe go with white to better match the GUNDAM itself.
    And I definitely agree, the ZAKU eye comes right through with the analog clock.

I kind of wanted to get the 40th Anniversary G-Shock, ahaha.
    Yeah I guess the blue is a little weird but I wanted to put it in somewhere since it is a pretty big part of the main design. Truth be told I did the Zaku II first and then thought it'd be prudent to make an RX-78 because "ya gotta". Zaku II works better.

The 40th Anniversary G-Shocks are pretty cool, I like the Seiko Prospex Gundam ones too although they're pretty subtle about what they are. I think they should have put some little Gundam logos on the faces somewhere at least.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

I think this design is a better fit for the Gundam theme than what Seiko used. Skmei offer a model that looks like this Casio, so it might be possible to get these Gundam-themed designs made as a private label, but you would not be allowed to include Gundam inscriptions or refer to them as Gundam watches unless you made a deal with Bandai.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Thread Information