Design Project! MechaMinds Thread! - Page 2
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Design Project! MechaMinds Thread!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Re: Design Project! MechaMinds Thread!

Will be .. or at least so it is planned..
    There will be much ... call it magic or special effects behind the built.. but thats the challenge I take..
    For the mockup the glass will be 0.8mm polycarbonate film which will either be half cut to get the edges and faces.. (wich I prefer as it is more defined) or alternatively it will be 0.8mm EPET vacuum formed and the framework will be 0.08mm copper film which I will cut to shape... the rivets will probably be done from wood glue / liquid plastic ... but that is only one idea how it could work..
    ProdCastDesign likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMind View Post
    Will be .. or at least so it is planned..
    There will be much ... call it magic or special effects behind the built.. but thats the challenge I take..
    For the mockup the glass will be 0.8mm polycarbonate film which will either be half cut to get the edges and faces.. (wich I prefer as it is more defined) or alternatively it will be 0.8mm EPET vacuum formed and the framework will be 0.08mm copper film which I will cut to shape... the rivets will probably be done from wood glue / liquid plastic ... but that is only one idea how it could work..
    Seen this.. So that flat model can be done... https://m.ebay.com/itm/183610608179?...&ul_noapp=true

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Of course - should be copperized silicon/ TPE and should be casted after a stl model.If somone made it worthy , it had been made from leather. All possible technologies. But the watch is very small in this case.. and it is fixed with small ring elements instead of your massive part.. I have no doubts that yours could also work but it needs heighg for sure.,

Just a comment by side.. think of ripped off jeans, used leather satchels and worn down shows.. Used Look or imperfection is an appeal which -for me- perfectly fits to the steam punk themes.. so if my brass or copper cage gets some decent dents or looks aged.. its going better and better with this..
    Last edited by MechaMind; October 21st, 2019 at 23:43.
    ProdCastDesign likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Of course - should be copperized silicon/ TPE and should be casted after a stl model.If somone made it worthy , it had been made from leather. All possible technologies. But the watch is very small in this case.. and it is fixed with small ring elements instead of your massive part.. I have no doubts that yours could also work but it needs heighg for sure.,

Just a comment by side.. think of ripped off jeans, used leather satchels and worn down shows.. Used Look or imperfection is an appeal which -for me- perfectly fits to the steam punk themes.. so if my brass or copper cage gets some decent dents or looks aged.. its going better and better with this..
    True... love my Brass watch can't wait to let patina take over... But creating a dented strip of copper without to let it look on perpose is a he'll of a job....

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

When you look into modelling there are a lot of different brass profiles available I /T etc.. of course you still have to drill holes for rivets .. or you built the necessary minting tool :) ... things ill have to give a trial when I have to go for the one piece off.. the mockup/ look alike will be done easier as described.. just by thin Copper film and a rubber..

Just back from 2 days business trip and had no chance to proceed but perhaps will reengage by tomorrow..

I'm at home with a little Sinusitis which I brought from the business trip and just had small progress.. Still working on the wearability and size..
    So I tried to compress the interior to achieve dimensions close to the "proportio divina" but found out that I would have to slightly modify this in respect to the "whole picture" and additionally the wearability.

Think from the size and ratio aspect I'm rather where I wanted to get to … but regarding the details I'm still not... but this is the main area where I now will work on... ...as changing the proportions rather killed my fixing structure. But we will see!

Name:  20191023_221337.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  2.26 MB
    L-800 and ProdCastDesign like this.

Little progress on the wearing thingy, but now the "height over wrist" ( without protruding lugs) is between 10.0 and 11 mm ... think its still ok but should not be higher!

Container and movement
    Name:  Proposal3 copy.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  215.2 KB

roughly shaped watch case as basement for detailing!
    Name:  Proposal3b .jpg
Size:  188.7 KB

Btw received my additionally ordered movement!

I changed the chrystal from the circular center to a polyline shaped one to get a more realistic apperance of a 18xx facetted window instead of having complex blow shaped freeformsurfaces, as used in WWII fighter canopies.
    I think the blown / or vacuum shaped part would be less effort, but the other way the metal structure between the faces could get more realistic and fitting to that periode of time!
    Last edited by MechaMind; October 24th, 2019 at 20:37.

I'm at home with a little Sinusitis which I brought from the business trip and just had small progress.. Still working on the wearability and size..
    So I tried to compress the interior to achieve dimensions close to the "proportio divina" but found out that I would have to slightly modify this in respect to the "whole picture" and additionally the wearability.

Think from the size and ratio aspect I'm rather where I wanted to get to … but regarding the details I'm still not... but this is the main area where I now will work on... ...as changing the proportions rather killed my fixing structure. But we will see!

Name:  20191023_221337.jpg
Size:  2.26 MB
    Hans, the piping idea is that as a relief on the faceplate or ‘real’ that will create a big case...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

I know but I think the 11mm height already includes a (plexi Bottom of 1mm and a polyfacial top of 1.5mm with the metal framework) 11mm is the limit but it seems to be wearable.. thats why I'll go for the polyfacial attempt … Looks smaller!

Will create a 3D from paper so we will see…!

Hj

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information