Gnomon Watch - the project combining sun dial inspired design with modern wristwatch - Page 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gnomon Watch - the project combining sun dial inspired design with modern wristwatch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Gnomon Watch - the project combining sun dial inspired design with modern wristwatch

Amazing news, guys!

We've hit the pre-order stage with the help of Kickstarter! If you're interested in getting some cool watches, search for Gnomon watch on Kickstarter or send me a PM and I'll tell you more :)

Re: Gnomon Watch - the project combining sun dial inspired design with modern wristwatch

I agree with an earlier post- not sure the outer dial ring meshes well with the inner dial. Black model looks great, maybe think about a different color for the outer ring on the gold?
    Rolex Datejust II, Omega SMP300c, Glycine GoldenEye, Steinhart Ocean One Titanium, Christopher Ward Trident GMT, Orient Orange Mako, Casio F91W

Lightbulb Re: Gnomon Watch - the project combining sun dial inspired design with modern wristwatch

Dear friends and watch enthusiasts, hi again!

My name is John. Some time ago I and launched my own first limited wristwatch collection called Gnomon - the sundial-inspired one-handers. For the present moment the whole collection is fully sold out, so this moderate success inspired me to continue on my path of watchmaking. Now I’m working on the new series, created the first prototypes for the new watch and once again would like to hear your opinion.

The second watch is called UMBRA (means “shadow” in Latin), and in it I develop the basic features of the concept further. The watch has a single hand that refers to sundial’s gnomon (hand that casts shadow). Now it stands still, leaving a disc with Roman numerals to rotate for indicating the time. The overall design reveals the disc only partly, referring to the light cycle depiction of actual Roman sundials. The color ways are a nod to the famous sundial structures of the Past and common building and smithing materials from the ancient times.

The exhibition case back is decorated with a signature zodiac engraving. I’ll be sticking with the automatic Miyota movement again, but decided to replace old straps with cool Horween leather-made. Here are some photos:

Name:  01.png
Views: 16
Size:  2.47 MB

Name:  02.png
Views: 17
Size:  1.63 MB

Name:  HOnE4wa.jpg
Size:  161.6 KB

Name:  gq4KzKr.jpg
Size:  680.7 KB

Name:  2vaZUZ3.jpg
Size:  311.6 KB

Name:  SegWVpa.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  283.3 KB

Name:  lSo4iIX.jpg
Size:  379.2 KB

Name:  QSrwfXg.jpg
Size:  160.7 KB

Looking forward to hear your thoughts, guys!
    Chascomm likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information