I'm want to take this one to the next step - Page 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: I'm want to take this one to the next step

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    28

    Re: I'm want to take this one to the next step

    I think as a rough concept it has a few things working for it, but currently this would be a pretty impractical watch. Assuming the 6498 or 6497, those lugs will be well over 50mm (l2l) and the thickness looks to be getting up there as well.

    My first suggestion would be to base it off a different movement and reassess the size and proportions so that it becomes more wearable.
    ProdCastDesign likes this.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Leiden,the Netherlands
    Posts
    89

    Re: I'm want to take this one to the next step

    Quote Originally Posted by borology View Post
    I think as a rough concept it has a few things working for it, but currently this would be a pretty impractical watch. Assuming the 6498 or 6497, those lugs will be well over 50mm (l2l) and the thickness looks to be getting up there as well.

    My first suggestion would be to base it off a different movement and reassess the size and proportions so that it becomes more wearable.
    Thanks for the advice: I'll need to think redesign the lugs...


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    3

    Re: I'm want to take this one to the next step

    This watch would be really tall. Even regular unitas-based watches are, especially in 40mm case. Btw, there arent too much 40mm case manufacturers, isnt it a challenge to fit this size?
    ProdCastDesign likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Shrewsbury, MA
    Posts
    129

    Re: I'm want to take this one to the next step

    Quote Originally Posted by ProdCastDesign View Post

    I changed the lugs and used Romain on the faceplate... What are your opinions?


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Nice!
    ProdCastDesign likes this.

  6. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belarus, Minsk
    Posts
    563

    Re: I'm want to take this one to the next step

    I understand that the crown is made this big intentionally, but maybe you went too far?

    Also, I'm not an engineer, but from your design I see there's a possibility to have a thin metal bezel around the crystal, if the pressure-fitting will not work
    ProdCastDesign likes this.

  7. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Leiden,the Netherlands
    Posts
    89

    Re: I'm want to take this one to the next step

    Quote Originally Posted by dspt View Post
    I understand that the crown is made this big intentionally, but maybe you went too far?

    Also, I'm not an engineer, but from your design I see there's a possibility to have a thin metal bezel around the crystal, if the pressure-fitting will not work
    Hi, I'm still thinking about this... The big crown is intentionally, I want to keep the totall shape as clean as possible...so I'm redesigning this for the third time...


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

  8. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Leiden,the Netherlands
    Posts
    89

    Re: I'm want to take this one to the next step

    Does anyone know where I could print something small an detailed like this?


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  9. #18
    Member Karriope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    289

    Re: I'm want to take this one to the next step

    Quote Originally Posted by ProdCastDesign View Post
    Does anyone know where I could print something small an detailed like this?


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk


    You might want to consider contacting a laser sintered metal company.
    ProdCastDesign likes this.

    DEVELOPED IN DARKNESS

    MWW P. Marcidus | SNGLRTY OHI-4 | GallioTempo Trident | COA Studios Eclipse
    Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 (A10) | Spinnaker Bradner
    Ball Engineer Master II Diver TMT (P1J) | Tudor Pelagos LHD | Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight

  10. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    6

    Re: I'm want to take this one to the next step

    Like it, seems to be comfortable.
    ProdCastDesign likes this.

  11. #20
    Member dnslater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, USA
    Posts
    3,762

    Re: I'm want to take this one to the next step

    I don’t like the sub second hand but like the concept. Historically domed dials were used to decrease the watch thickness by allowing the movement to be up inside the dial. So the domed dial had a function. My Max Bill Chronoscope is an example. Your sub second design negates this.
    ProdCastDesign likes this.

    Kind Regards,
    Nick
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •