Just an idea ... - Page 3
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Just an idea ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: Just an idea ...

Definitely interested! Do we have more ideas on where this would occur? I assume we need to keep watching this thread for thoughts or redirection to a new forum? I didn't understand the comments around IP? I assume that there is no way to protect IP in an open or private forum without already having a patent pending before introducing here?

Standing by! Renderer in hand...
    Chet

Sent on iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

You are right - It was just about some concerns about to show the results to a broad public community - I for my person would like to perform this here in public channel ...
    Until now we are 5 people having interest in this ... so if all would agree we will await this week for others joining and then decide how to proceed! ( for just five entrants we may shorten the RoE part to a common agreement!)

What is not clear to me is: what would be the benefit for the participants? If all we would do is to discuss new ideas without a final result, like a new watch, then what would be the point? Eventually the group would generate new IP and who would benefit from it? Maybe I am missing something...

Regards,
    DanP

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Utzelu - If this is the missing edge; this would not be a competition in the way " I want to win something", but more collaborative work in the way that everyone would develope his own design for a given target( just as a challenge) and so has the possibility to learn from the design process from the others - at the end there would be a bunch of proposals -> each belongs to the property of its creator and he can do with this one what he wants.

BTW: What you probably would win is fun, experience in collaboration projects and the chance or the possibility to learn other ways to design and channel your creative flow!

Everyone is just for fun in this forum, no one would be forced to show their designs / IP but most do .

Hansjoerg

I understand now. I am also on the opinion that by collaborating rather that competing, greater things can be achieved. And yes, doing it for fun yields the best results. Count me in!

Regards,
    DanP

The following lines would be just a suggestion they are to be discussed and may be changed so please give me some feedback!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

Ok - just while waiting for other possible participants - lets fix some things , yet .

Time frame ??? tbd

Every participant opens a separate thread for his work, where he is able to show is workflow and documents his finals / milestones and handles the related discussion.
    Best would be that we all would start all the threads with the participants name and the project name ( ideas for a project name appreciated).

As we are a very little group I dont think that we have the lobby to ask for a separate channel or to gain extra effort from administrator or forum staff side.
    I therefore would suggest to just do this little project in the public area. If there would be greater concerns with this, I may ask, but probably wont get a positive feedback!

We would need ideas for possible project targets ( e.g. Watch for professional fire men; dress watch for business women etc.)
    from which we will chose the final project target.

Within the project there will be specified milestones to be fulfilled as a minimum ( doing more is always welcome)
    1)A loose design specifiation (just visible features and features which have an impact on visible features)
    -> For the purpose of learning it should be visible how you achieved the content of your specification - so the others could learn / participate from the creative workflow.
    2)A sketch / drawing or paper bound illustration or collage (no rendering or cad picture ) for a first proposal. If you would be a graphics tablet artist - this would be also ok but all efforts should end up in a non technical/ more creative final .
    -> I just don't know how to solve this but if one of you has an idea how we would be able to share the workflows to the finals so others could learn ( step for step documentation is a hell of effort but it probably would tell the most)...
    3)A final illustration in color - could be on paper, 2D/ 3D CAD ; artificial or technical CAD what ever and however you would like to show your piece of work. If possible try to also show details as most designs live from .
    -> Please note down the tools you used and the time you needed for to achieve the illustration as basic adjustments you made
    4)A mockup - I know -not everyone has a well equipped workshop at home, but you could do a model from paper / wood / modelling stuff , plastics, steel papermash, clay or whatever you would like to and what you would have left to make it from - Just for a wrist shot picture ( now you are Mc Guyver)
    -> please write a short description how it has been done!

All participants agree that this would be a "just for fun activitiy" and each participant accepts and respects the IP of the others ( just to be mentioned!)

DEPA
    Williemored
    Utzelu
    Inspiredezigns
    dspt
    BradjHomes would you be in?

Others - did I forget someone?

Please give me some feedback for what you mean about the lines above!

Hansjoerg
    Last edited by MechaMind; February 24th, 2016 at 21:58.

MechaMind, not sure I'm qualified enough to participate but I'll try

Great - I'm sure it will be much fun !

Hj

Any challenging suggestions for a possible target from your side?

I am fully allign with Mechamind. Just one or two things which I want to add.
    1. Making a 2d and 3d visualization should not be a problem. And also would be open with the techniques and software which I am using
    2. The Mockups are creating itself very difficult for me. For usual I am doing some 3d prints. Would that work?
    3. I suggest we define our projects before starting. We should not have 2-3 gus making same kind of watch. With different concepts we could ensure that we cover a broad variety of watchconcepts. This makes it more exciting for the members to follow.
    What are your thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMind View Post
    The following lines would be just a suggestion they are to be discussed and may be changed so please give me some feedback!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

Ok - just while waiting for other possible participants - lets fix some things , yet .

Time frame ??? tbd

Every participant opens a separate thread for his work, where he is able to show is workflow and documents his finals / milestones and handles the related discussion.
    Best would be that we all would start all the threads with the participants name and the project name ( ideas for a project name appreciated).

As we are a very little group I dont think that we have the lobby to ask for a separate channel or to gain extra effort from administrator or forum staff side.
    I therefore would suggest to just do this little project in the public area. If there would be greater concerns with this, I may ask, but probably wont get a positive feedback!

We would need ideas for possible project targets ( e.g. Watch for professional fire men; dress watch for business women etc.)
    from which we will chose the final project target.

Within the project there will be specified milestones to be fulfilled as a minimum ( doing more is always welcome)
    1)A loose design specifiation (just visible features and features which have an impact on visible features)
    -> For the purpose of learning it should be visible how you achieved the content of your specification - so the others could learn / participate from the creative workflow.
    2)A sketch / drawing or paper bound illustration or collage (no rendering or cad picture ) for a first proposal. If you would be a graphics tablet artist - this would be also ok but all efforts should end up in a non technical/ more creative final .
    -> I just don't know how to solve this but if one of you has an idea how we would be able to share the workflows to the finals so others could learn ( step for step documentation is a hell of effort but it probably would tell the most)...
    3)A final illustration in color - could be on paper, 2D/ 3D CAD ; artificial or technical CAD what ever and however you would like to show your piece of work. If possible try to also show details as most designs live from .
    -> Please note down the tools you used and the time you needed for to achieve the illustration as basic adjustments you made
    4)A mockup - I know -not everyone has a well equipped workshop at home, but you could do a model from paper / wood / modelling stuff , plastics, steel papermash, clay or whatever you would like to and what you would have left to make it from - Just for a wrist shot picture ( now you are Mc Guyver)
    -> please write a short description how it has been done!

All participants agree that this would be a "just for fun activitiy" and each participant accepts and respects the IP of the others ( just to be mentioned!)

DEPA
    Williemored
    Utzelu
    Inspiredezigns
    dspt
    BradjHomes would you be in?

Others - did I forget someone?

Please give me some feedback for what you mean about the lines above!

Hansjoerg

I think ana-digi watch might be an interesting challenge for most of us. one can go very vintage, futuristic or retro-futuristic if he/she wishes. We can decide on the set of functions it must have to comply with the challenge.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information