Just an idea ... - Page 4
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Just an idea ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Just an idea ...

@DEPA - As this would be collaborative work, we would not have to think about to equal the advantage or disanvantage for the single participant reagarding availability of machines processes and methods - 3D Printing is ok, I think - it is just one of the possibilities. I - dependent on the target to be reached and the concept comming up will choose a fitting method to create a mockup at that point - and if I would have to model it from potato purree and afterwards eat it ...- Hey - it is a challenge - just be creative ..... :)

Perhaps not 2-3 guys working on the same concept. I thought on the same topic/ challenge but everyone developes a different concept - so all steps would be able to be rather compared and discussed.... But we may vary this!

@dspt: Analog / digital watch - and open area - more in the Gshock variant? ... or more in the Harry Winston look?... - abstract or easy to read!.... seems to be a wide and interesting field.....

Would it be suitable to use my current project Octopus/Moby Dick, for which I already have an opened thread? Currently this is my focus and for me it is a fun project. It is a learning curve and an engineering challenge.

Regards,
    DanP

Difficult - one of the main points of the idea was to start together from scratch with a common theme - as all of us have their own parallel projects, - this would end collaboration before it would have started as everyone does what he would normally do for himself on his own!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You're right! Indeed it would end any collaboration.

Seems there would be no one else interested?!? Ideas or other topics to proceed on would be nice...

I don't know why, butthis forum used to be much more active in the past. Last few months it is almost dead. I really don't know whether it is worth all the efforts to make such projects and post here

Agreed...... :(

I think people expect some initial idea from the topic initiator :)

I have several suggestions but I thought it would be more motivating for you to take part within this :

Here are my 5 Cent in...

1 watch for fire men - adapted to the necessities of the profession which would to be found by the participants -
    There are so many military watches out there but there are also other kinds of helpful services with special requirements!
    2 Women take men's jobs - design a watch for the female top level management !
    3 A little bit weak suggestion - lets be "Q" - design a watch for the next level 007/ Spy !
    4 Straps, chains and bracelets are too much - develope a design for a watch to be worn without them !
    5 We all are getting older! Develop a watch helping old people to master their lives with a minimum of foreign support!

This is what I had in mind - but how about you - finally it should be fun to all of us!

should we start with something simple first, to test how it works? I suggest working with only one part of the watch for the first challenge.
    like only dial+hands
    or only case
    or just strap

for example: dial and hands for confined spaces rescue professionals (Mines Rescue Service)
    or: dial for racing chronoraph

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information