Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Just an idea ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: Just an idea ...

Another example : Otium duz (or du:z)

Name:  otium-duz-L.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  24.4 KB

in this case (curve + indicator) hour amplifier for indicate minutes (aprox), the central minute hand is redundant.

There are 12 indicators, the 12 curves can not be seen

but I guess it works with the same geometric principle as the King Cobra

site description says
    Look - clockwise - for the last slit in which the ball is in the extreme outside position:
    You have got the hour. As usual you can read the minute by the little sweeping hand.
    so there's a central minute hand here.
    Anyway, this is a bit offtopic. I can imagine this sort of conversation AFTER the challenge is announced, not at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by L-800 View Post
    Another example : Otium duz (or du:z)

in this case (curve + indicator) hour amplifier for indicate minutes (aprox), the central minute hand is redundant.

There are 12 indicators, the 12 curves can not be seen

but I guess it works with the same geometric principle as the King Cobra

Nice watch - I had a bit similar idea in the past but the effort seemed to be huge and I was not able to get rid of the aacumulated friciton. Perhaps one day I will model this ( if there will be much time left when I'm retired)
    Last edited by MechaMind; March 5th, 2016 at 17:17.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A camel is a horse designed by a forum.

;)

Attachment 7319978

just to clarify how the concept works ( I guess)

Love the uniqueness of the design and idea!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Cal

"You get paid to die fulfilling others' dreams. Then, you pay to feel alive. The goal is to get paid to LIVE"

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMind View Post
    Rather no idea what you mean !
    if it would mean forum watch - nope !

I hate threads full of wishlists and postings referring to pictures of exisiting watches already on the marked ( dial like this , lugs like this, etc)- creativity has no limitations and is not discrete bound to certain steps its more analog .
    I do not want to target a prototype, but I'd like to keep it more virtual not to push someone out by the upcomming costs and the missing manufacturing posibilities!
    I agree... let's build a watch and use all our knowledge...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMind View Post
    Great! - It is like the election in the States - every count increases the lobby!
    I want in... creativity rulez...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

As mentioned before. I would not target a fully regulated competition with prices and all that obsolete stuff around. I don't want it for money for glory nor for advertizement..
    I ' d like to see the full spectre of posibilities and creative solutions and even if one has no toolshop at home, the prototype is cut from a broomstick or made origami style from paper it is an solution as long as it shows the features the participant wants to show. Make it from salt dough model it harden it and paint it.. its enough for a first proposal. Do it pape mache or mikarta style, sculpt it from bee wax if you are able to. Paint , glue scratch or engrave a dial.. model, saw, fold draw or cast hands. Every thing will be fine as it shows possibilities and methods which are more important to learn than to let just another steel watch cut from just anotber Chinese manufacturer... do your own stuff., and as your first proposal satisfies you.. then improve and after the 5th loop of improvement slowly thinker of possibilities for production..
    I came up with this idea rather 3 years ago ynd had very little response for attendence.. currently Im busy with building my own Compound bow.. but when this one will once be finished I will come back to this..
    L-800 likes this.

Tinkering around this topic again... trying to solve the problem of different resources..

Think about a speed designing battle..

Given..

A standard movement everyone could buy and effort if it would be necessary. But not needed for the mockup as it can be simulated by a dummy piece

A common job / situation / duty, what and where the object is suited for. (E.G. Tactical watch for Policeman)

To be developed

Specification what features shall be fulfilled in series product (features would have to be at least visible on the Mockup ( e.g. a 200m diver should have a sealing in respect to the pressure, even if it is not properly working at the mockup..

A circumfence around the materials planned to be used for the possible end product (e.g. upcycling/ used things or Gold and Platinum). So everyone could imagine what he wants to have in his end "product" but has to immitate the look on his design mockup as good as possible.

The mockup which would be the third target beside the proposal and the imaginary spec could be made from all materials with all techniques available as long as it is done by the attendent and not contracted...

The deliverables would be a first proposal as a sketch

A spec with the functionallity to be implemented.

A mockup which shows up the features of the spec and as good as possible the look of the proposal

To be delivered in a challenging timeframe which would make it possible to follow but
    would force to continue so there is progress and no possibility to slow down and drop the project..

Price : Honor and Respect
    L-800 likes this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information