Just an idea ...
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Just an idea ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Just an idea ...

INTRODUCTION

... here in design channel we all come together :

- professional designers

- more or less (watch) design addicted hobbyists (as I'am one)

- people interested in art, design and the corresponding watch related workflow

- creative aces as solid technicians as people from totally other branches crossing the field

- people with strange visions of what the word "watch" could mean or a more specific understanding what a watch should look like

- newbies with the will to enter a new field of engagement

Accumulated one could call us a creative, multi discplinary mob ( please don't take this for offence)!

Here are dreamers, people with a someway commercial vision and others just living their dream.

My OPINION: THIS WOULD BE A HUGE CHANCE FOR AN EXPERIMENT:

If we could setup the rules of engagement for a - lets call it "competition", where everyone is able to compete in his way, by his hard- and soft skills and no one
    would have a large advantage or disadvatage by budget; accessible software or other environmental parameters - just by the knowledge , the creativity and the power in his head and hands.
    Where could this story end. As long as foreign IP would be respected, hints and critizism would be given as received this could be a project, rather everyone participating could just win for himself.
    Learning from the professionals. Getting new fresh ideas from crossworkers or even input for the own revolutionary watch concept.

ALL WE WOULD NEED:

-a working and commonly accepted RoE agreement
    -Time to work
    -The will for a trial
    - Respect for the work of the others
    -Will to give hints, shareknowledge and take the same from others
    ... and a good target theme for the competition

All doing should be evaluated only by the results not by the tools they would have been produced with.
    And a good idea should be worth the same as a good rendering or a good sketch on paper!

OK - FINALLY IT WOULD PROBABLY NOT BE A COMPETITION BUT MORE TO WORK TOGETHER ON THE SAME PROJECT ON DIFFERENT ( PARALLEL) RAILS,

BUT I WOULD BE CURIOUS WHAT COULD COME OUT!!!!

NEXT WOULD BE THAT I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS -> POSITIVE AS NEGATIVE ARGUMENTS WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY APPRECIATED!

Have A nice eve!

Yours Hansjoerg
    dspt likes this.

Re: Just an idea ...

do you mean there should be f77 watch like there are f71 watches?

Rather no idea what you mean !
    if it would mean forum watch - nope !

I hate threads full of wishlists and postings referring to pictures of exisiting watches already on the marked ( dial like this , lugs like this, etc)- creativity has no limitations and is not discrete bound to certain steps its more analog .
    I do not want to target a prototype, but I'd like to keep it more virtual not to push someone out by the upcomming costs and the missing manufacturing posibilities!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As I understand, you say "lets do sth together" from very beginning right?

Yepp - That was the basic idea! ;)

Good Idea Mecha but nowadays I feel that there are too many unprofessionals around which are full of negativity. Making one dial layout and feeling like Joerg Hyssek. If I attend the show I would rather prefer to act in the background.

I partially agree - with respect to the IP of each one attending, but within the group it would have to be a game with open cards ( Still have no clue how to manage this within an open forum ... perhaps a kind of separate channel if the forum would support us . But it is also not ment as a meet and greet of the professionals. I would like to have the cross thinkers and polarizers within the group otherwise it would possibly be just a technical competence showdown and the creative level would bring up just one watch within 100 others. If just the pros would compete I certainly would not count myself in. It is surely interesting what they are comming up with, but if I would like to see professional design I could by a book or go to the red dot cabinet! I don't think that developing a first nice dial and feeling proud of that is a fault . I guess everyone in design course finishing the first concept knows this feeling - the experienced ones know that this is just the beginning before refinement! I would also guess that there would be more unprofessionals than professionals here in . Imagine who can effort the Adobe design suite + a good renderer like Keyshot or C4D
    those are just about 5000 bucks.... and not every one is a hobbyist with a golden spoon......

Mecha, can you contact WUS management , for how they can support this idea at forum? Maybe they can handle the regulator/moderator mission or open a seprate channel for this occasion or more. Welcoming positive concern ideas are ok, but at the end , professionals will be needed to decide and implement plans.

I think as the first post of this is just 2 hours in the past, I would await some more postings and dependant on the feedback then will ask the admins for possible support ( I will be difficult in case of lobby to start something like this just for 2 or 3 people attending!)
    Last edited by MechaMind; February 20th, 2016 at 21:16.

Beam me up for this!!! Exactly what I was thinking earlier in the year but wasn't sure of the feedback... new collaborative environment for a new brand of sorts...
    Last edited by williemored; February 20th, 2016 at 21:20.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information