... here in design channel we all come together :
- professional designers
- more or less (watch) design addicted hobbyists (as I'am one)
- people interested in art, design and the corresponding watch related workflow
- creative aces as solid technicians as people from totally other branches crossing the field
- people with strange visions of what the word "watch" could mean or a more specific understanding what a watch should look like
- newbies with the will to enter a new field of engagement
Accumulated one could call us a creative, multi discplinary mob ( please don't take this for offence)!
Here are dreamers, people with a someway commercial vision and others just living their dream.
My OPINION: THIS WOULD BE A HUGE CHANCE FOR AN EXPERIMENT:
If we could setup the rules of engagement for a - lets call it "competition", where everyone is able to compete in his way, by his hard- and soft skills and no one
would have a large advantage or disadvatage by budget; accessible software or other environmental parameters - just by the knowledge , the creativity and the power in his head and hands.
Where could this story end. As long as foreign IP would be respected, hints and critizism would be given as received this could be a project, rather everyone participating could just win for himself.
Learning from the professionals. Getting new fresh ideas from crossworkers or even input for the own revolutionary watch concept.
ALL WE WOULD NEED:
-a working and commonly accepted RoE agreement
-Time to work
-The will for a trial
- Respect for the work of the others
-Will to give hints, shareknowledge and take the same from others
... and a good target theme for the competition
All doing should be evaluated only by the results not by the tools they would have been produced with.
And a good idea should be worth the same as a good rendering or a good sketch on paper!
OK - FINALLY IT WOULD PROBABLY NOT BE A COMPETITION BUT MORE TO WORK TOGETHER ON THE SAME PROJECT ON DIFFERENT ( PARALLEL) RAILS,
BUT I WOULD BE CURIOUS WHAT COULD COME OUT!!!!
NEXT WOULD BE THAT I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS -> POSITIVE AS NEGATIVE ARGUMENTS WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY APPRECIATED!
Have A nice eve!