Let's talk designing: is this something we like? - Page 2
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61
  1. #11
    Member MechaMind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Southern Germany
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

    To bring one in production.. just to say you should dig into productikn technologies to get it or at least the parts manufactured economically.. e.g. the logo.. there is a posibility to manfacture the part in detail and precision the technology is called LIGA.. but the parts are just to be made from a few materials which may not be rigid or harmless (soft Gold or Nickle) .. and the process is just done by a hand full of labs over the world and it is extrordinary expensive..

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Leiden,the Netherlands
    Posts
    89

    Re: Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaMind View Post
    To bring one in production.. just to say you should dig into productikn technologies to get it or at least the parts manufactured economically.. e.g. the logo.. there is a posibility to manfacture the part in detail and precision the technology is called LIGA.. but the parts are just to be made from a few materials which may not be rigid or harmless (soft Gold or Nickle) .. and the process is just done by a hand full of labs over the world and it is extrordinary expensive..
    How are your experience in this: if I see your profile you must have the capability to actual create a watch...


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Member MechaMind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Southern Germany
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

    I could do a lot , but have just little time. I do mechanics and engineering for a living but after a full day I prefer doing sports and other things than carrying work home or doing similar stuff..

    Here is about what I mentioned regarding the Logo
    https://link.springer.com/chapter/10...540-33655-6_16
    ProdCastDesign likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Leiden,the Netherlands
    Posts
    89

    Re: Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaMind View Post
    I could do a lot , but have just little time. I do mechanics and engineering for a living but after a full day I prefer doing sports and other things than carrying work home or doing similar stuff..

    Here is about what I mentioned regarding the Logo
    https://link.springer.com/chapter/10...540-33655-6_16
    Hero,
    Thanks but you must join your idea... We need your knowledge


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  6. #15
    Member MechaMind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Southern Germany
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

    No watch but with rather
    38 gears and pinions fairly close to..
    https://youtu.be/6QqNPTTxtyQ

  7. #16
    Member MechaMind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Southern Germany
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

    LIGA is too expensive.. Ithink that IWC did some LIGA parts for their il Destriero but thats rather400k Swiss Francs ..

    Meanwhile I took several attempts on watch cases but now its more or less work.. and for the huge steps there is neither money nor time beneath the job..

    To join my idea.. when I started the thread I would have had the time but meanwhile I have a new job which makes me someway less spontaneous.. so as soon as I finished my current processes and as there are some more attendents I'm in, but dont ask for a timeline.. there are too many guys around asking for that...
    Last edited by MechaMind; September 2nd, 2019 at 22:39.

  8. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Leiden,the Netherlands
    Posts
    89

    Re: Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaMind View Post
    No watch but with rather
    38 gears and pinions fairly close to..
    https://youtu.be/6QqNPTTxtyQ
    I saw that impressive... Do you know how to assamble a watch? Like do you know the tolerance between the main part: mechanic and case that are thing I struggle with... I can let a case be printed in steel an assemble the mechanic in but have no clue about the tolerance between the parts..


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  9. #18
    Member MechaMind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Southern Germany
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

    Normal prints (slm) will not satisfy you by surface quality nor tolerances.. means you will have to rework it completely.. for precision it would be easier to cut it once from stockmaterial..

    You could try what jewellers do.. make an oversize wax pring and vacuum cast the part with Bronze or Gold but this means tha you again will have to rework the tolerances for the fitting interfaces.. if you will take a look into technical documentation you will see tables for tolerance pairings.. (dependent on the material you will have to fine tune this..) but as you probably know Watchmaker is one of the hardest apprenticeships within the mechanical professions..

  10. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Leiden,the Netherlands
    Posts
    89

    Re: Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaMind View Post
    Normal prints (slm) will not satisfy you by surface quality nor tolerances.. means you will have to rework it completely.. for precision it would be easier to cut it once from stockmaterial..
    If you keep to their rules you can check your 3d designs if it's possible to print in polished steel it's done with pouder.. 'Holthinrichs Watches' does this too...


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  11. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Leiden,the Netherlands
    Posts
    89

    Re: Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

    Quote Originally Posted by ProdCastDesign View Post
    If you keep to their rules you can check your 3d designs if it's possible to print in polished steel it's done with pouder.. 'Holthinrichs Watches' does this too...


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://i.materialise.com/blog/en/3d-printing-in-steel/



    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •