Let's talk designing: is this something we like? - Page 4
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

Quote Originally Posted by Petrary View Post
    I like the way watches are made.
    Not the way they are designed

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

Ok here is the crazy designer again, common with you comments, don't know if the crown protector needs 't be chrome or blue...
    The faceplate has a crystal bottom half... Just to show its intestinal... ETA 2824-2

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ProdCastDesign View Post
    Ok here is the crazy designer again, common with you comments, don't know if the crown protector needs 't be chrome or blue...
    The faceplate has a crystal bottom half... Just to show its intestinal... ETA 2824-2

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

The blued crown guard adds a flavor that compliments the hands. But as a whole, while I think you have used a variety of ideas that make for a very unique concept here, you have not succeeded on the execution.
    One major thing I would change is your 100% polishing of everything. The BoR-leather hybrid bracelet is also an idea that I see no advantages in, and the exposed half of the dial has a severe legibility problem.
    ProdCastDesign likes this.

DEVELOPED IN DARKNESS

MWW P. Marcidus | SNGLRTY OHI-4 | GallioTempo Trident | COA Studios Eclipse
    Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 (A10) | Spinnaker Bradner
    Ball Engineer Master II Diver TMT (P1J) | Tudor Pelagos LHD | Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Karriope View Post
    The blued crown guard adds a flavor that compliments the hands. But as a whole, while I think you have used a variety of ideas that make for a very unique concept here, you have not succeeded on the execution.
    One major thing I would change is your 100% polishing of everything. The BoR-leather hybrid bracelet is also an idea that I see no advantages in, and the exposed half of the dial has a severe legibility problem.
    Thxs for your comments I really appreciate it, why is the faceplate a problem like this?

Thxs for your comments I really appreciate it, why is the faceplate a problem like this?
    I'm assuming that the watch is fairly small due to the date wheel being at the edge of the 'dial' opening, but what you've done is place the thin indice markers on top of the date wheel as a result, and I personally find that it makes it just kinda neither minimalist or easy to read clearly. If this was not a half-open faced watch, you would actually have a minimalist dial, but the way the actual 'dial face' is half overlaid the visible movement top, in my opinion it has a cluttered sensation of "too much happening at once" despite having next to no dial 'markings' at all.
    I'm not sure how to explain it.

Does your renderer support other styles of material? I honestly think the watch would look a lot less ostentatious as a whole as well if it had a satin or brushed finish in most of the parts, but I did notice that all your concept images have had pure polished finishes on everything.

DEVELOPED IN DARKNESS

MWW P. Marcidus | SNGLRTY OHI-4 | GallioTempo Trident | COA Studios Eclipse
    Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 (A10) | Spinnaker Bradner
    Ball Engineer Master II Diver TMT (P1J) | Tudor Pelagos LHD | Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Karriope View Post
    I'm assuming that the watch is fairly small due to the date wheel being at the edge of the 'dial' opening, but what you've done is place the thin indice markers on top of the date wheel as a result, and I personally find that it makes it just kinda neither minimalist or easy to read clearly. If this was not a half-open faced watch, you would actually have a minimalist dial, but the way the actual 'dial face' is half overlaid the visible movement top, in my opinion it has a cluttered sensation of "too much happening at once" despite having next to no dial 'markings' at all.
    I'm not sure how to explain it.

Does your renderer support other styles of material? I honestly think the watch would look a lot less ostentatious as a whole as well if it had a satin or brushed finish in most of the parts, but I did notice that all your concept images have had pure polished finishes on everything.
    No I can make satin, your probable right it too shiny... https://www.behance.net/leonrvsf433

Just live shiny and I let myself in on it...

Hi,
    I'm afraid your crown guard would be too thin. What is the smallest thickness (near the crown) ?
    And how does it stay closed ?

The danger with making a watch on Solidworks (or any other similar software) is that when you are working at 50 or 100 times magnification, what you see on the screen seems super big and strong.
    But the same thing on real scale will probably prove to be too small or too fragile.

Just try to work at real-size zoom, and you'll see that ... well, you'll see nothing.
    Chronopolis likes this.

No I can make satin, your probable right it too shiny... https://www.behance.net/leonrvsf433

About the indicators the bottom half of the dail is crystal

Nice work. The design has promise

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information