Let's talk designing: is this something we like? - Page 5
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

Ok here's the Mad Designer again....

this time I have choosen for a faceplate that excists in two parts.. the shiny ring with logo and the outer ring is a little bit lifted to show like its floating...
    And the color green not used too much..
    comon where are your comments? keep them comming ....Name:  DreserGreen_III_2019-Oct-07_08-16-44PM-000_CustomizedView11608106354.png
Views: 31
Size:  697.9 KBName:  DreserGreen_III_2019-Oct-07_08-18-31PM-000_CustomizedView48995590748.png
Size:  325.7 KBName:  DreserGreen_III_2019-Oct-07_08-19-05PM-000_CustomizedView11321917147.png
Size:  519.5 KBName:  DreserGreen_III_2019-Oct-07_08-20-01PM-000_CustomizedView782420753.png
Views: 30
Size:  272.6 KBName:  DreserGreen_III_2019-Oct-07_09-16-56PM-000_CustomizedView3439350464.png
Views: 29
Size:  408.3 KB

Ok here's the Mad Designer again....

this time I have choosen for a faceplate that excists in two parts..
    And the color green not used too much..
    comon where are your comments? keep them comming ....

Am I getting better of am I getting worse...

Name:  DreserGreen_III_2019-Oct-07_08-16-44PM-000_CustomizedView11608106354.png
Size:  697.9 KBName:  DreserGreen_III_2019-Oct-07_08-18-31PM-000_CustomizedView48995590748.png
Size:  325.7 KBName:  DreserGreen_III_2019-Oct-07_08-19-05PM-000_CustomizedView11321917147.png
Size:  519.5 KBName:  DreserGreen_III_2019-Oct-07_08-20-01PM-000_CustomizedView782420753.png
Views: 30
Size:  272.6 KBName:  DreserGreen_III_2019-Oct-07_09-16-56PM-000_CustomizedView3439350464.png
Views: 29
Size:  408.3 KB

Guess this is why I create a new thread next time... nobody has even looked at mine...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looking of course.... But you still have the same exclusive an expensive attempt.. many complex parts and for some of them I really have no clue on how they 'd come together. Did not always want to pick the same topic / question, as it seems that your pictures are more a visualization of how it intended to be, than a construction base, which they could/ should after my opinion. I pretty much like the dial with the bent lines, , even the vintage oriented color, but would try to avoid the strap, as I would prefer leather instead of artificial materials.

You are very fast in comming up with new ideas, but this one again leaves .. at least in some areas.. the open question how the watch is correctly assembled.. in Germany we say "paper is patient" so e.g. how is the bottom cover made and how could the bottom lid be correctly threaded so the crown base would be in the correct orientation when the sealing is under the correct tension... difficult to solve when trying an attempt with a main thread.. ( here I would go for a couple of screws around the movement so the bottom cover is to be placed in axial way...

So far a part of what I've seen. I did not want to critizise,but you asked..

Hj
    Last edited by MechaMind; 1 Week Ago at 05:38.
    ProdCastDesign likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMind View Post
    Looking of course.... But you still have the same exclusive an expensive attempt.. many complex parts and for some of them I really have no clue on how they 'd come together. Did not always want to pick the same topic / question, as it seems that your pictures are more a visualization of how it intended to be, than a construction base, which they could/ should after my opinion. I pretty much like the dial with the bent lines, , even the vintage oriented color, but would try to avoid the strap, as I would prefer leather instead of artificial materials.

You are very fast in comming up with new ideas, but this one again leaves .. at least in some areas.. the open question how the watch is correctly assembled.. in Germany we say "paper is patient" so e.g. how is the bottom cover made and how could the bottom lid be correctly threaded so the crown base would be in the correct orientation when the sealing is under the correct tension... difficult to solve when trying an attempt with a main thread.. ( here I would go for a couple of screws around the movement so the bottom cover is to be placed in axial way...

So far a part of what I've seen. I did not want to critizise,but you asked..

Hj
    I do love your comments... You are right I'm loaded with ideas..
    But I I build a case around a excisting mechanic. The bottom plate of this case the crown cone is devided and attached to the bottom- plate the Secondsring is attached to the shiny ring and logo.. The outerring with the mumbers is another ring. This all will be attached to the main faceplate...

Here comes another idea...

Did not recognize a separation line on the cone and do still not. But I assumed thaT you would go for that. But it would just shift the problem ...you can helixcut a thread on a CNC (and you would have to do both thread partners this way, but still have play within the thread which is necessary for the function.. and which comes out as an angular play which again would make it very difficult to fasten the bottom lid in the right angle to match the coresponding cone part on the case..
    BTW did you find my design projects thread..
    Last edited by MechaMind; 1 Week Ago at 17:33.

Hi ProdCastDesign,

If I may give you my advice : Stop creating dozen of different designs, and start producing one watch.
    Let me explain...
    You can spend the rest of your life creating hundreds or thousands of different designs on computer. And for each design, you will have people who like and others who dislike it.
    So, if you wait for a general approval of your designs, it's lost cause.

So, out of all your designs, pick the one YOU like (and don't care if others like it or not).
    And contact some watch manufacturers in China (Alibaba is your friend), and tell them you want them to produce a prototype of your watch.
    They will tell you if your design is manufacturable or not. You'll most probably have to change a couple of things here or there.
    And if you are told that it's impossible to do, choose another design and start again.

Having your prototype will cost you a few hundred $, so it's not too expensive.
    (a good idea is to use 3D printing for your first tests of the watch case, as it will show you if your design is as nice in real life as it is on a computer screen).

And when you'll receive your prototype, you can then make it public, and why not, try to sell it on Kickstarter or Indiegogo. And get rich and famous !
    Then, you'll thank me...

Don't get me wrong : There's nothing wrong with sharing your design ideas here. But I believe that at one point, you have to take an extra step and turn your idea(s) into reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaccio View Post
    Hi ProdCastDesign,

If I may give you my advice : Stop creating dozen of different designs, and start producing one watch.
    Let me explain...
    You can spend the rest of your life creating hundreds or thousands of different designs on computer. And for each design, you will have people who like and others who dislike it.
    So, if you wait for a general approval of your designs, it's lost cause.

So, out of all your designs, pick the one YOU like (and don't care if others like it or not).
    And contact some watch manufacturers in China (Alibaba is your friend), and tell them you want them to produce a prototype of your watch.
    They will tell you if your design is manufacturable or not. You'll most probably have to change a couple of things here or there.
    And if you are told that it's impossible to do, choose another design and start again.

Having your prototype will cost you a few hundred $, so it's not too expensive.
    (a good idea is to use 3D printing for your first tests of the watch case, as it will show you if your design is as nice in real life as it is on a computer screen).

And when you'll receive your prototype, you can then make it public, and why not, try to sell it on Kickstarter or Indiegogo. And get rich and famous !
    Then, you'll thank me...

Don't get me wrong : There's nothing wrong with sharing your design ideas here. But I believe that at one point, you have to take an extra step and turn your idea(s) into reality.
    Thxs for your advice, I'm still not out of what my signature watch would be.... But your plan was iny mind, but there is a lot around so that holds me fr starting to soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMind View Post
    Did not recognize a separation line on the cone and do still not. But I assumed thaT you would go for that. But it would just shift the problem ...you can helixcut a thread on a CNC (and you would have to do both thread partners this way, but still have play within the thread which is necessary for the function.. and which comes out as an angular play which again would make it very difficult to fasten the bottom lid in the right angle to match the coresponding cone part on the case..
    BTW did you find my design projects thread..
    That's te technical part I'm not familiar with.. I found the thread and I'll start reading it.. I'd like to join.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information