Let's talk designing: is this something we like?
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

Designing needs to be more bald in my opinion.. Or am I wrong

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Re: Let's talk designing: is this something we like?

Quote Originally Posted by ProdCastDesign View Post
    Designing needs to be more bald in my opinion.. Or am I wrong

There is a lot in the market to stand out designs need to be more outstanding.. Different right?

New thread? While I agree that watch designs can be stiff and be more bold instead of the just another Submariner thing... I definitely don't think I want watches to go bald, yeah.

Ironically this seems like the least bold of your designs, but it also looks the easiest one to produce as it has no particularly strange or difficult features.

The gear-like crown is a bit unrefined looking for the otherwise semi-dressy look, I think, but someone who wants something that looks classy at a distance with flavor up close should like it.
    ProdCastDesign likes this.

DEVELOPED IN DARKNESS

MWW P. Marcidus | SNGLRTY OHI-4 | GallioTempo Trident | COA Studios Eclipse
    Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 (A10) | Spinnaker Bradner
    Ball Engineer Master II Diver TMT (P1J) | Tudor Pelagos LHD | Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like the basic graphics, but not a fan of the colors. I'm more into silver/blue/grey than brown/gold, but I like what you've shown so far. I'm a fan of simpler, less cluttered watch faces, so less is more for me.
    ProdCastDesign likes this.

Beautiful! Love the simplicity, and gold is overdue for a comeback.

Tongdaeng and ProdCastDesign like this.
    Watches. Waits. Then gets more.... Watches!

Quote Originally Posted by Viseguy View Post
    Beautiful! Love the simplicity, and gold is overdue for a comeback.

Agree love gold or Bronze... But every design I create with gold seems to be to much... And makes it cheep..

Quote Originally Posted by Karriope View Post
    New thread? While I agree that watch designs can be stiff and be more bold instead of the just another Submariner thing... I definitely don't think I want watches to go bald, yeah.

Ironically this seems like the least bold of your designs, but it also looks the easiest one to produce as it has no particularly strange or difficult features.

The gear-like crown is a bit unrefined looking for the otherwise semi-dressy look, I think, but someone who wants something that looks classy at a distance with flavor up close should like it.
    Thank you for your comment: indeed there are no tricky features... The crown needs to be recognized as my Design

Referring to the title of the thread..(is this about watchdesign in common , or just to introduce your proposal)

Or better :what do different people feel when using the word design..

Over time I have seen plenty of shiny pictures, ambitious proposals and

- I hope you will not take it for bad -

unwearable artwork which perhaps could be built with lots of efforts ,

but which never will be wearable or usable in daily life.

Just for me and my position..
    sketching something down once, making a visual proposal..
    rendered or with pen and paper doesnt matter and letting it stand as it is,
    is just effort , sometimes art - and very seldom it is an idea which can be thought about a second time.

Sketching something down is just FORM . In my eyes design is nothing which stands alone for itself as art does.
    Design has a reason and an orientation. One will prior FORM the other one puts FUNCTIONALITY at first place.
    But in any case both halves of the whole have to be brought together with some focus and orientatation to achieve an optimum solution for something which the design ist to be done for (ok this one in my eyes is rather industrial or product design)..

E.g. The dial may be an artwork itself but its always important that it tells the time, date or whatelse it is made for to fulfill its duty in the spec of the product it is designed for. And under conditions e.g. for a diver it has to be designed and optimized to be readable under water, and at low light conditions.
    The same for every other part of the watch. And when everything comes together the whole thing must look as one piece and as just this one ist the wanted product.. Those are just my 5 Pence in .. just my opinion , please dont take it for an offence... but many "designs" shown here with the question for help on building a proto are quite far away from this point..

Regarding your proposals.. the big crown may cause some difficulties in manufacturing the mid part of the housing with the transition (casting would probably a way but relates to limited materials to be used for this..) ... and your logo will probably increase the price of the crown by factors.. (you have very fine lines on the logo and I would suggest to simplify it .. not to come into issues).

And think about.. a big crown on a dresser affects wearability and it is not necessary (e.g. to manipulate with gloves or under harsh conditions)
    Last edited by MechaMind; August 31st, 2019 at 19:16.
    ProdCastDesign and dspt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMind View Post
    Referring to the title of the thread..(is this about watchdesign in common , or just to introduce your proposal)

Or better :what do different people feel when using the word design..

Over time I have seen plenty of shiny pictures, ambitious proposals and

- I hope you will not take it for bad -

unwearable artwork which perhaps could be built with lots of efforts ,

but which never will be wearable or usable in daily life.

Just for me and my position..
    sketching something down once, making a visual proposal..
    rendered or with pen and paper doesnt matter and letting it stand as it is,
    is just effort , sometimes art - and very seldom it is an idea which can be thought about a second time.

Sketching something down is just FORM . In my eyes design is nothing which stands alone for itself as art does.
    Design has a reason and an orientation. One will prior FORM the other one puts FUNCTIONALITY at first place.
    But in any case both halves of the whole have to be brought together with some focus and orientatation to achieve an optimum solution for something which the design ist to be done for (ok this one in my eyes is rather industrial or product design)..

E.g. The dial may be an artwork itself but its always important that it tells the time, date or whatelse it is made for to fulfill its duty in the spec of the product it is designed for. And under conditions e.g. for a diver it has to be designed and optimized to be readable under water, and at low light conditions.
    The same for every other part of the watch. And when everything comes together the whole thing must look as one piece and as just this one ist the wanted product.. Those are just my 5 Pence in .. just my opinion , please dont take it for an offence... but many "designs" shown here with the question for help on building a proto are quite far away from this point..

Regarding your proposals.. the big crown may cause some difficulties in manufacturing the mid part of the housing with the transition (casting would probably a way but relates to limited materials to be used for this..) ... and your logo will probably increase the price of the crown by factors.. (you have very fine lines on the logo and I would suggest to simplify it .. not to come into issues).

And think about.. a big crown on a dresser affects wearability and it is not necessary (e.g. to manipulate with gloves or under harsh conditions)
    Hi thank you for your detailed commends they are appriciated...

I think a watch is more than just a device to Check the time or date..
    Than your phone or a electronic device does a better job on this..
    I see it as a mechanical artwork a fashion device a device to show your love of technics, a show off a piece to talk about.. To show that you think differently about common things... Within the limit of the need to show time...

But I also like to challenge the way watches are designed and made.. And try to step on the edge of thinks... A different look at watches... And do want to bring one in production.. But I see there is a lot to learn about designing the inside of a case and fitting a mechanic inside...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information