A little resumee of my 23 years in watchmaking. Heavy photos. - Page 4
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: A little resumee of my 23 years in watchmaking. Heavy photos.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: A little resumee of my 23 years in watchmaking. Heavy photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugra View Post
    I'm thrilled to see Turkish Designer involved in all of these successful projects.

I wish you the best!
    Teşekkür ederim arkadaşım:)
    Bugra likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DEPA View Post
    Thanks a lot for the compliments. Actually all is easier to design than to manufacture. Especially when you don't have the steady clients base to sell such 3k Product to. It needs more than just the possibility to do it. It starts with a budget. You need at least 200k for starting such a watch with this specs.
    Ahhh... no wonder there haven't been any updates on this concept post from TNT after they post it in their FB...
    Securing interested attention numbers is a primary concern, then follows by the costs...

Frankly speaking... to potential buyers, pricing will play a certain part in drawing attentions as well...
    And honestly, this is in certain way much cooler than the IWC Little Prince full calendar.
    A piece of my favorite timepiece, is like a dish of local delicacies. It's not about how good it may look, or how branded in may came from popular stalls or restaurants. It's always the materials and concoction that produces the best keep!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed.YANG View Post
    Ahhh... no wonder there haven't been any updates on this concept post from TNT after they post it in their FB...
    Securing interested attention numbers is a primary concern, then follows by the costs...

Frankly speaking... to potential buyers, pricing will play a certain part in drawing attentions as well...
    And honestly, this is in certain way much cooler than the IWC Little Prince full calendar.
    Thanks, if you don't mind the movement, we are planning to use a similar design for a Kickstarter campaign these months. Please see photo.

Name:  sswhite.176.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  582.7 KB
    Lewiston likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Oooo... Oooh... now i'm...
    A piece of my favorite timepiece, is like a dish of local delicacies. It's not about how good it may look, or how branded in may came from popular stalls or restaurants. It's always the materials and concoction that produces the best keep!

This is Swiss Quartz Multifunction with Moonphase.

Oooo... Oooh... now i'm...

Veneto (Italy) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veneto

APPLAUSE!
    Attached Images Attached Images

DEPA likes this.
    Ciao.

Spain

This is Swiss Quartz Multifunction with Moonphase.
    Although it is a pity that such charming design is hurdled by the cost in making... much budget-friendly quartz movement have to be utilized instead of costly full mechanical works... it's still very attractive.

Hey... ... ... looking at an alternate point of view, the maker(whom i guess may be TNT or, it's time to put out your own label~SignS) may had been standing in "watch collectors' shoes", knowing that such timepiece will have very limited wrist time, especially when they have a large collection in their closet... Making mechanical version of such design may not be... practical in certain sense... how many would really be bothered or wouldn't mind adjusting their piece whenever they are wrapping the timepiece on their wrists every other days?

This is exciting! I shall be keeping a look out... hopefully you'll keep us posted in the KickStarter/Indiegogo discussion forum!
    DEPA likes this.

Name:  sswhite.176.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  582.7 KB
    Since we're in the design and concept forum... hopefully you wouldn't mind me on asking and pointing on some parts which you could take it into your consideration in slight modification?

1. I have been trying to look through other swiss movement makers site such as RONDA and ISA. But i couldn't find which movement have such complication. How big the movement can be, affects the dial layout, as well as the size of the case. Legibility on the dial will be affected as well... The sub dials seems... a little cluttered?

2. How big is the case size in this rendition? I like the overall "RAILWAY STATION" design idea, but the hour indices seems to be too... tall... if the case is big and the movement is small... If the movement is small... can the case be tuned smaller, indice height shorten by say 10% so as the minute hands?

3. I wonder what kind of calibre is this movement, how does the setting of the dates and the moonphase is going to be... but hopefully there won't be buttons protruding by the sides of the case like those Chinese made complications...

Here's one with a complication close like yours...
    Last edited by Ed.YANG; March 15th, 2015 at 10:44.
    DEPA likes this.

Since we're in the design and concept forum... hopefully you wouldn't mind me on asking and pointing on some parts which you could take it into your consideration in slight modification?

1. I have been trying to look through other swiss movement makers site such as RONDA and ISA. But i couldn't find which movement have such complication. How big the movement can be, affects the dial layout, as well as the size of the case. Legibility on the dial will be affected as well... The sub dials seems... a little cluttered?

2. How big is the case size in this rendition? I like the overall "RAILWAY STATION" design idea, but the hour indices seems to be too... tall... if the case is big and the movement is small... If the movement is small... can the case be tuned smaller, indice height shorten by say 10% so as the minute hands?

3. I wonder what kind of calibre is this movement, how does the setting of the dates and the moonphase is going to be... but hopefully there won't be buttons protruding by the sides of the case like those Chinese made complications...
    The used calibre is a modified Ronda 706.3. We took our freedom to improve the moonphase a little bit. Standard would be moonphase disc under dial. Here we make a disc-hand moonphase on the dial instead. The scale for the moon is fixed steadily on the dial and it is not mooving. The two moons under the dial are printed and glued on the movement. Here is the link to the manufacturers website, showing the 706.3 in its basic version. RONDA AG – normtech – Caliber 706.3
    The original design which we made using an UT 6498 as basecalivre was concepted on a 48mm case. honouring the trend to smaller watches we concepted the new quartz version in a common size of 40mm only. The Movement is 10,5 lines in diameter. So it is a rather small movement compared to the Unitas.
    TNT did not order this design from us. We are in close cooperation with TNT and we worked on some projects for him. The reason he published was to make a marketresearch. We feel sorry to realize that current marketsituation does not allow a Microbrand to be succesful with such a concept for this prices. But who knows what will be in the future. The Design itself is timeless. We could file it in the drawer and take back 50 years later and it still will be a good Design.
    We will keep you updated in the Kickstarter-Startup forum when we are ready to launch this model in quartz.

Hi Guys,
    Currently working on a new design. Just not sure about the pattern of the dial. I have worked out few guilloché and one leather dial concept. Maybe you can tell me which 3 are your favourites?
    Please don't stuck with the colours, because We can do any colour. More important for us is which guilloché we should choose.
    I really appreciate your help.
    Here is the list and photos
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  155.6 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  166.1 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  161.4 KB

Name:  4.jpg