A little resumee of my 23 years in watchmaking. Heavy photos. - Page 7
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: A little resumee of my 23 years in watchmaking. Heavy photos.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Re: A little resumee of my 23 years in watchmaking. Heavy photos.

Oerloy looks absolutely amazing, is that available for purchase anywhere?

Really beautiful designs. Visited the Amir watch site and the designs are really exquisite. Do you design the movements? The Amir watches uses Japanese NH38A movements

we also manufacture movements and complications but especially the movement in the amir watch is a standard one. as you said it is the nh38 from seiko. a good and reliable movement btw.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Amazing stuff there pal, I love how your watches are pretty in different styles. The watches I design tend to look and feel similar ;)
    Q

PS. Love watches? Don't just buy watches; make one yourself.

Nice to hear that. Hope you will do well with your watch. I just disagree with the choice of your movement. A chinese movement never made anyone happy except the one who manufactured and sold it to you.
    181903 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DEPA View Post
    Nice to hear that. Hope you will do well with your watch. I just disagree with the choice of your movement. A chinese movement never made anyone happy except the one who manufactured and sold it to you.
    Not sure if you are replying to me with this but I have to say I cannot agree more. I've just redesigned some watches for my company so that all the upcoming parts are either japanese or swiss ;) The only hurdle I've ran into is that I haven't been able to find anything that is more affordable on the tourbillon side. The only source of affordable (less than 10k US in movement cost) tourbillon movement I've found is the same guys that supplies memorigin, the HK tourbillon brand and quite a few independent watch makers in US (Wilk watchworks, refined hardware and such).

The more I get into modification of movement, or servicing or even fine tuning and improving how watches run, the more I have to say that the Chinese movements are built just to function when they are sold. They are built to die (or function really poorly) right after the warranty period.
    kibokin likes this.
    Q

PS. Love watches? Don't just buy watches; make one yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Q Lai View Post
    Not sure if you are replying to me with this but I have to say I cannot agree more. I've just redesigned some watches for my company so that all the upcoming parts are either japanese or swiss ;) The only hurdle I've ran into is that I haven't been able to find anything that is more affordable on the tourbillon side. The only source of affordable (less than 10k US in movement cost) tourbillon movement I've found is the same guys that supplies memorigin, the HK tourbillon brand and quite a few independent watch makers in US (Wilk watchworks, refined hardware and such).

The more I get into modification of movement, or servicing or even fine tuning and improving how watches run, the more I have to say that the Chinese movements are built just to function when they are sold. They are built to die (or function really poorly) right after the warranty period.
    That I fully understand. The chinese are good in copying optics. Technicalwise they are really poor quality. A watch, especially if it has a Tourbillon movement, cannot just work in the shop and fail on the wrist. Even if chinese Tourbillon, these are surely overpaid at Memorigin for example. For 5k you can buy already a serious watch from swiss brands, which for sure will last longer and where you get a certain value for the money. Putting a 150USD ''Tourbillon'' movement into a fancy case and tag it a price of 5K, doesnt make you have a luxury watchbrand. It really does need much more than that. First of all the technical requirements of the swiss cannot be reached by any chinese movementmaker. Whoever try to tell you different, is trying to screw you.
    Swiss Tourbillons are fıor sure a good thing, but the price is still too high for a microbrand. Let this be like that.

Has been a long time since I have posted something here. Thought would be time to show you something new which I have been working on. I really love this 70s style case and the dial I like but I am not really sure about it. Maybe you guys can give me some input?!?!
    Name:  4249black.18986.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  80.5 KB

Name:  4249panda.19026.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  90.4 KB

I love everything about it, the 70's vibe.
    Except for the crown - I think it would be a bit harder to grip than the knurled kind.

Quote Originally Posted by DEPA View Post
    Has been a long time since I have posted something here. Thought would be time to show you something new which I have been working on. I really love this 70s style case and the dial I like but I am not really sure about it. Maybe you guys can give me some input?!?!
    Name:  4249black.18986.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  80.5 KB

Name:  4249panda.19026.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  90.4 KB
    "Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail." _ John Donne

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolis View Post
    I love everything about it, the 70's vibe.
    Except for the crown - I think it would be a bit harder to grip than the knurled kind.
    actually if it's well made, the grip won't be bad. There are many examples for sharp looking crowns without killing your shirts.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information