Looking to start my own watch brand
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jayque

Thread: Looking to start my own watch brand

Looking to start my own watch brand

I 'm looking to start my own watch brand. I'm researching different companies to help me get started and help me create my watch. I already have the name in mind but no logo. Once I get my logo(or can just the name be my logo). When should I trademark?
    ProdCastDesign likes this.

Re: Looking to start my own watch brand

The rules will vary from country to country and there are many factors at play.
    A quick g00gle search provided many great resources, plenty with governmental back and advice - which is where you should be looking.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jayque View Post
    I 'm looking to start my own watch brand. I'm researching different companies to help me get started and help me create my watch. I already have the name in mind but no logo. Once I get my logo(or can just the name be my logo). When should I trademark?
    If you're in the USA, take a look at the USPTO webpage and perform a trademark TESS search to see if it's original to the watch industry. Typically it takes 6 months to a year to trademark a claim and I think initially it's around a $250 fee then another $125 or so to file a statement of use at a later date (assuming you're trademarking before using it in commerce) per trademark. There's plenty of instructions on how to file. Don't quote me the exact $ amount though - this can vary quite a bit depending on what and how you are trademarking. Just beware, once you enter in your information you will be SPAMMED dozens of times by soliciting law firms offering their services. Your email will be flooded. I just ignored them all and did everything myself - it was very straightforward anyhow.

If you have a logo and a company name - you can trademark both. You can certainly use your company name as your logo - which would save you money since you'll only need one trademark claim instead of two.

Good luck on starting your own company! There's lots to think about beyond just trademarking but if you have questions, feel free to post here. Tons of helpful info and people on these forums.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

If you’re looking to have things produced in countries like China, be advised they are a first to file country. You’ll want to trademark your brand and products before sending anything to any companies. Good luck!

Thread Information