Looking for suggestions
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By daves2889
  • 2 Post By brandon\

Thread: Looking for suggestions

Looking for suggestions

I'm trying to build my watch brand, but need some help. Can anyone give me suggestions on specs for a good quality watch but not to expensive to build but efficient. And a reliable manufacturing company.

Re: Looking for suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by jayque View Post
    I'm trying to build my watch brand, but need some help. Can anyone give me suggestions on specs for a good quality watch but not to expensive to build but efficient. And a reliable manufacturing company.
    if you want the baseline standard then just go and do another generic 200~500m diver, or some typical 100m dress watch if you really want "not too expensive to build but efficient".
    But if you are serious about brand building you might want to consider more thoroughly about what your brand is going to be about.

Anyone can order a "medical grade" 316L stainless steel watch and get some Luminova on it with a Miyota GL20, Ronda 505 or NH35A, but a proper effort should be more than specifications and the whole "more for less because no middleman" thing, is it not?

DEVELOPED IN DARKNESS

MWW P. Marcidus | SNGLRTY OHI-4 | GallioTempo Trident | COA Studios Eclipse
    Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 (A10) | Spinnaker Bradner
    Ball Engineer Master II Diver TMT (P1J) | Tudor Pelagos LHD | Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Karriope View Post
    if you want the baseline standard then just go and do another generic 200~500m diver, or some typical 100m dress watch if you really want "not too expensive to build but efficient".
    But if you are serious about brand building you might want to consider more thoroughly about what your brand is going to be about.

Anyone can order a "medical grade" 316L stainless steel watch and get some Luminova on it with a Miyota GL20, Ronda 505 or NH35A, but a proper effort should be more than specifications and the whole "more for less because no middleman" thing, is it not?

Thank you so much for your honest response. Do you know of any good manufacturers?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jayque View Post
    Thank you so much for your honest response. Do you know of any good manufacturers?
    I've no particular manufacturer to recommend but there have been some better known OEMs that have been referenced around here. If you've decided what kind or style of watch you actually want to do, that might help narrow down a manufacturer that could be recommended to you.

For example, if you're looking for dive watches of the typical style, I believe Fullswing is often mentioned.

DEVELOPED IN DARKNESS

MWW P. Marcidus | SNGLRTY OHI-4 | GallioTempo Trident | COA Studios Eclipse
    Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 (A10) | Spinnaker Bradner
    Ball Engineer Master II Diver TMT (P1J) | Tudor Pelagos LHD | Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight

Thumbs Up Re: Looking for suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Karriope View Post
    I've no particular manufacturer to recommend but there have been some better known OEMs that have been referenced around here. If you've decided what kind or style of watch you actually want to do, that might help narrow down a manufacturer that could be recommended to you.

For example, if you're looking for dive watches of the typical style, I believe Fullswing is often mentioned.
    OK Thanks

Are you having a laugh??

"I want to build a watch brand - can someone else tell me how to design the watch and what the specs should be. Oh, and can someone tell me who should make it for me too..."

Dude, this is the EPITOME of laziness and with an attitude like this you will never succeed in the microbrand watch world. You need to have your own vision for your brand and designs, and you need to do your own hard work and research and make your own mistakes to learn, grow and develop a high quality product. Go away and put some hard work and serious effort into your work instead of trying to get others to do it for you.

Here's one small tip for you though - The best microbrands start out with a passion and desire to make the watch(es) they have always wanted to own but could never find on the market. They know their product inside out, including all of the specs right down to the finest details of the design, before they even put pen to paper. If that's not you already, then prepare to fail.

Sorry if this comes across as harsh, but there's so many 'microbrands' popping up these days where people want to make a quick buck and don't plan things out properly, or as an actual business, that they end up harming the very industry they claim to love.
    Last edited by daves2889; 1 Week Ago at 16:34.
    Karriope and brandon\ like this.

I'd recommend you look up Docvail's post history. Some of the good stuff might be buried. Once you read what he did to get his business going (specifically what you're asking about, finding a good manufacturer), you'll realize real quick that you won't get any good advice from a post. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but you're being lazy here. I don't know, maybe you're hoping to get some low hanging fruit - and hey, that's cool. But he had to spend a lot of time and money traveling to China to find a manufacturer and nobody is going to just give that knowledge away to somebody who just threw up a new thread.

Another guy to look at is Cameron Weiss - https://weisswatchcompany.com/pages/weiss-brand-story. Here's a little taste: "during his years training with Audemars Piguet and Vacheron Constantin".

Those are the people you're going up against.

Sorry to be harsh, but the business world is not going to coddle you - it will eat you alive.
    Karriope and daves2889 like this.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Just another microbrand with the same target market.. the same features and no market share, no brand name and no history which would mean reliability on spareparts support and design quality as experience. Why should I buy exactly your watch and non of the other 500 "you s"? How do you differentiate ...
    For the same price: the same class of movements, the same quality of Chinese sourced subassemblies . I would think about what to achieve.. Earn your living or run this project just with the background of curiousity..?
    And then.. I would think again... Just my 2 pence in

Recommend FullSwing in Hong Kong (they make Helson, Armida, Deep Blue and others) and the Miyota 9015 highbeat movement, made by Citizen.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

Thread Information