My design watches, your opinion? - Page 7
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: My design watches, your opinion?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Re: My design watches, your opinion?

Hi Tom ,
    Thanks for the support! You're absolutely right and avoid copying the design even when I produce can not be avoided . Anyway, I think everything will be fine :)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Bekher View Post
    Hi Tom ,
    Thanks for the support! You're absolutely right and avoid copying the design even when I produce can not be avoided . Anyway, I think everything will be fine :)

The advantage of being small is that you are not on anyone's radar. This is why nobody bothers to make replicas of microbrands: the market is too small. and too educated.

Although I know that you have VERY high standards and ambitions! my advice to you, my friend, is start your own brand at the earliest opportunity, and build your reputation, and get a loyal following.
    Only that will give you some measure of "protection" in these piranha-infested waters.

If you look at some of the more successful microbrands that are extremely popular her among WUS members -- Steinhart, Helson, Blue7, etc -- you can see how they are "protected" from people who copy famous brands.
    And that is mainly because, even those micro brands built their businesses mainly by copying existing designs.

But in your case, precisely because your designs are UNIQUE, and super stylish, you will remain vulnerable - unless you actually make them. Right now, they are all just images, and you cannot protect them unless you have a big company.

Only if you have a head start in making them will you have the advantage in keeping your own dignity and integrity intact, and continue to build your reputation.
    Ed Barclay likes this.
    "Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail." _ John Donne

Thank you my friend , you are completely right. About their own brand I want to wait for when I have more experience and maybe confidence :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

2 without hesitation or reservation.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolis View Post
    Fred,
    So sorry to hear this!
    But I disagree with Watchobs that you should go get them "copyrighted," etc.
    Watch designs- or any design of this kind - is not exactly national security stuff.
    The legal hassle (and fees) of copyrighting watch designs will NOT protect you - especially if you are a small fish, without a corporate backup.

My advice is: Do not show your work online before you have arranged to put them into production yourself.
    But even if you do go into production, other people can always still copy your designs!

Well, I am sure there are plenty of good people around you who can advise you, in Russian!, on things like this.

Good luck, and may you be protected from people with low-consciousness.
    Not being an expert in corporate law I would defer too your knowledge ! My concern was/is that since Fred has already listed a good number of his designs for the world to see that his hard work is now up for the un-scruples to exploit! If what you say is gospel in regards to copyright infringement than I wholeheartedly agree! No production, than no show ! Hopefully Fred will (quickly) find a reasonably scrupulous business partner to get his wonderful designs into real world hands! I'm sure he would find many a WUS that would like to see his mastery wrapped around their wrist

Project 2-1, 3 and 4 looks great.

Any plans on how to get them into production?

That 4-1 is stunning! Absolutely stunning!

They'll all quite good, but the big date is gorgeous.
    It is right that the world should illustrate the full nature of the infinite and not merely the particular ideals of man - Spinoza

Diospada , thanks ! There are such thoughts but not now.

supawabb and bluloo thank you also for the comment

Mate,

I think your designs are Amazing-quite refreshing. I think all of your designs are truly inspiring. I would happily purchase/own/wear every single design if these were a quality mechanical movement or automatic movement- with Project 1, and Project 4 being my most favourite. The Guilloche or simulation for Project 4(First Design) is truly addictive(IMHO). I'm a big fan of large diametere watches(personal preference), and would be more than willing to hand over $$$ to reserve a piece/pieces TO YOU-NOT A COPYCAT should you ever choose to make these concepts a reality.

Best of luck mate,

Truly refreshing
    Last edited by larstetens; December 29th, 2013 at 16:25.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information