SaStek- Time Speed Indicator- PrePrototype feedback - Page 8

Poll: Crown position preference ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Like Tree22Likes

Thread: SaStek- Time Speed Indicator- PrePrototype feedback

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: SaStek- Time Speed Indicator- PrePrototype feedback

Quote Originally Posted by azura123 View Post
    It would lovely if it has 24 hours dial.
    Hi Azura, The problem would be packaging it all on the dial. There could be a possibility of utilizing an inner bezel to get a 24 hr dial in there but it all takes up a surprising amount of space. Will keep in mind for the next project. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick223 View Post
    +1, I'd love to see it with a 24hr. dial! That would be just about perfect, and suit the watch nicely (as far as I'm concerned it can skip hour markers, or have a dash/dot between arabic numerals if it looks to cluttered with the full 24).
    Hi Maverick, to make a 24 hr dial look uncluttered would mean getting rid of a few features that make the watch usable. Eg. at night the hour markers serve a purpose of breaking up 15 min intervals. But ya, if i were to do a second project along similar lines it could have it. At the moment, future ideas are sooo unique, I am excited to do ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by SaStek View Post
    Hi Azura, The problem would be packaging it all on the dial. There could be a possibility of utilizing an inner bezel to get a 24 hr dial in there but it all takes up a surprising amount of space. Will keep in mind for the next project. Thanks.
    I would just skip every other digit and use a stick/dot marker for the ones in between (Like this: 00|02|04|06|08|10|12|14|16|18|20|22).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SaStek View Post
    Nice

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk

I agree with Mark G:
    RELIABILITY, UTILITY, REPAIRABILITY

Cool design and see what you're going for. My personal preference is to be able to tell the time without really having to figure it out but no doubt this will do well. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all,

Its been a while since I posted here. Just been busy with other activities regarding the project.

This forum has been extremely supportive throughout the design process.
    Would just like to announce the launch of my website for SaStek watches. The project goes live on Kickstarter in August and you can subscribe on the website to get the latest updates.

https://www.sastekwatches.com/

Name:  Edited1.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  85.0 KB

I know it may seem trivial, but the seconds indicator is spiraling in the wrong direction. To the best of my knowledge a jet engine always turns in the direction of the spiral, this one spins in reverse which makes it much less aesthetically pleasing to my eye. I think I could get around the press fit back, but the reversed spiral killed it for me.

Hi Maverick, not sure what you meant. Was it an earlier post where you saw it spinning the other way? Have a video of it here:

It's not that the indicator turns clockwise (or anti-clockwise), it's the fact that the spiral goes in the wrong direction. If you see a jet engine starting up you'll note that the spiral always spins "from the inside out" or to put it in a more easily understood way if painted in the direction of the watch it will always turn anti-clockwise. Engines that have a outermost fan blade that spins in the clockwise direction (there aren't many, but RR makes a few) would be painted with a mirror image of the spinner marking. The following videos are a couple examples of engines with spinner markings starting up. The Rolls (which spins clockwise unlike most turbofans) is the second one.

I'm not sure if many folks would notice, but I travel a lot and am a mechanically minded person (Engineer) so it bothers me.

Maverick, ok, I understand exactly what you meant. I did infact research this when i started the project. I animated both models, the current one and the "ideal" one within solidworks. Since its a seconds hand effectively, there is a gap ahead of the end of the spiral which you could use as a reference to "advance ahead". In the ideal way , the spiral would effectively "unravel" which doesnt give you a reference point to count ahead from..if you know what i mean... It visually didnt look easy to grasp...
    On a side note.. doing it the ideal way in production is not that big a change.. just a new tampo print cliche.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information