Watch design project. Feedback wanted! :) Vintage-style diver - Page 4
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Watch design project. Feedback wanted! :) Vintage-style diver

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Watch design project. Feedback wanted! :) Vintage-style diver

Quote Originally Posted by T1TactWatch View Post
    BEAUTIFUL PIECE ! Are you doing a Gold version too?
    Unfortunately no gold version. Not something I've considered at this time!

I really like the design - both the original and the latest incarnation. Definitely "retro diver done right"! One thing I'd change is make the 12 o'clock index more prominent, if its the same size as the rest, it almost makes it seem smaller than the rest - just a visual effect.. I shopped the latest image you posted and like it this way more - a subtle change to be sure. I also really like the cursive "Luna One" - it definitely adds to the look, but it looks like it utilizes a cursive font (regardless if it actually does or not), which I think is a little distracting. I'd suggest vectorizing an actual hand-written cursive and using that - it will add a lot of retro "warmth" to the design.. just my 2c

t3tan3k

Name:  luna.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  449.3 KB
    Last edited by t3tan3k; February 6th, 2019 at 23:39.
    jatherly likes this.

In the process of building a website at the moment and will have a load of hi res renders showing the final design, and in the three different colour options I'm going to be offering. Here is a sneak peak at the original jet black option :)Name:  Front_Black.png
Views: 107
Size:  508.3 KB
    Name:  Angled_Black.png
Views: 106
Size:  769.6 KB
    devmartin likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'll add my two cents. I first have to compliment anyone who gets off the proverbial couch and makes something happen. Whatever spark creates the difference between someone watching shark tank, saying "I had an idea like that," and the person ON shark tank making a deal....you clearly have. Well done. Having said that, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and this doesn't really speak to me. I think it's too sterile. Even little pops if color like on the steinhart titanium, or even the hamtun h2, to my eye are appreciated. I'd wait in the wings to see if you'd be offering any color options. I do think the bracelet turned out better than your initial renderings. It works well with the head. As far as design... And let me say, this is the OCD in me...I think you missed an opportunity with the logo. I personally don't like the logo as it's not as clean or timeless as I think it could be. But recognizing
    that that's just my opinion, as you're going with a triangle, you could have made it match the triangle of the bezel in size, shape, and spacing to the 12 o'clock lume marker. Maybe even lume the triangle. Either way, that symmetry could have become an additional alignment tool, which I'm my mind would have justified it. All in all though, I wish you the greatest success!
    daves2889 likes this.

I think the one thing that's bothering me the most on that final render is that there's a ton of space for a 14/16, 29/31 and 44/46 hash mark on the bezel and they're not there.

DEVELOPED IN DARKNESS

MWW P. Marcidus | SNGLRTY OHI-4 | GallioTempo Trident | COA Studios Eclipse
    Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 (A10) | Spinnaker Bradner
    Ball Engineer Master II Diver TMT (P1J) | Tudor Pelagos LHD | Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Karriope View Post
    I think the one thing that's bothering me the most on that final render is that there's a ton of space for a 14/16, 29/31 and 44/46 hash mark on the bezel and they're not there.
    It may look like there's space, but there actually isn't - Take a look at the minute marks on the white chapter ring and if you follow those lines out to the bezel you'll see that they would be way to close to the numbers. For that reason they had to be omitted.

Quote Originally Posted by daves2889 View Post
    It may look like there's space, but there actually isn't - Take a look at the minute marks on the white chapter ring and if you follow those lines out to the bezel you'll see that they would be way to close to the numbers. For that reason they had to be omitted.
    I accounted for that but somehow it still seems to be the case for me. Like by doing a projection, using one of your prototype's instagram photos, I'd say the numerals can be squeezed in between hash marks. But it would be tight.
    My suggestion is to either use a condensed variant of the font to fit the hashes or use an extended variant to fill the space slightly.

Of course, this is just my opinion - it's probably to do with the perspective on the rendering. It's not a major problem and by no means ruins the watch - a lot of other bezels have missing hashes in a similar fashion.

DEVELOPED IN DARKNESS

MWW P. Marcidus | SNGLRTY OHI-4 | GallioTempo Trident | COA Studios Eclipse
    Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 (A10) | Spinnaker Bradner
    Ball Engineer Master II Diver TMT (P1J) | Tudor Pelagos LHD | Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight

Quote Originally Posted by t3tan3k View Post
    I really like the design - both the original and the latest incarnation. Definitely "retro diver done right"! One thing I'd change is make the 12 o'clock index more prominent, if its the same size as the rest, it almost makes it seem smaller than the rest - just a visual effect.. I shopped the latest image you posted and like it this way more - a subtle change to be sure. I also really like the cursive "Luna One" - it definitely adds to the look, but it looks like it utilizes a cursive font (regardless if it actually does or not), which I think is a little distracting. I'd suggest vectorizing an actual hand-written cursive and using that - it will add a lot of retro "warmth" to the design.. just my 2c

t3tan3k

Name:  luna.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  449.3 KB

The dial sorta reminds me of the NTH Devil Ray with the rectangular (chunky) indices.

Looking for an update.

Quote Originally Posted by cubdog View Post
    Looking for an update.
    Not quite sure I'm allowed to specifically plug the project too much here now according to WUD forum rules, but you can find out more information on my website as well as by following on social media :)

Instagram: @lpwwatchco
    Facebook: /lpwwatchco

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information