We designed Our first watch and we need your opinion - Page 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: We designed Our first watch and we need your opinion

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: We designed Our first watch and we need your opinion

Nice but a bit too slick in my opinion.
    Smooth case , integral transition to strap, all edges are rounded with similar radii. - The dial is a little exception here.
    No offence,.. its not bad at all, but I personally like a rock with characterizing edges more than a piece of soap..
    There is more to discover.. interest does not drop after the first quick look but increases to discover more detail.
    What material would the black (6)case be?.. synthetic stone?

Nice but a bit too slick in my opinion.
    Smooth case , integral transition to strap, all edges are rounded with similar radii. - The dial is a little exception here.
    No offence,.. its not bad at all, but I personally like a rock with characterizing edges more than a piece of soap..
    There is more to discover.. interest does not drop after the first quick look (and the feeling there is rather everything seen what could be) but increases to discover more detail.
    What material would the black (6)case be?.. synthetic stone? Nice idea..
    ProdCastDesign likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Karriope View Post
    I'm not sure I see the inspiration link, but I feel a bit of Genta-ism here. It's tasteful, I think perhaps the logo marker could be more integrated, it feels like an afterthought. I like the handset, but if you can do bi-color lume I think it might make some sense to have a dimmer or different color lume for the tail pip.
    Yeah, can't argue about Genta-ism and etc. definitely we was inspired in some way :) Thanks for the idea about dimmer lume on the tail tip of second hand, it's sounds logically

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    What material is the case? I assume 316L.
    What size is the case? I assume 40mm.
    What movement will be powering it? I assume a high-beat Miyota 9015.
    What is the rough price point? I assume $500USD, less for early orders.

Looks good.
    Material is SS 316L, yeah, but also we think about forged carbon as well - for black model
    Size is 41 mm
    We are still arguing about Movement, I think more likely it will be NH38A, but also we think about 9015 - what is better for your opinion and why ?

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    1. Why the name Brilon?

2. Why no date window?
    1. Of course, I can come up with an incredibly deep and long story about brand name which mostly will be a pure lie, that what a lot of brands do. To be true this is just nice and stylish word that in my opinion esthetically corresponds to the core idea of our design.
    2. Because we want to keep it simple for now. In future we will add this option

Quote Originally Posted by dspt View Post
    seems like you've hidden a crucial element of your "mood board". you had more than 15 case designs, but ended up with one, that looks surprisingly close to an iconic design of another watch company... a simplified version of it, but still very recognizable...
    Personally i don't think that is look much like Nautilus. I mean really - the only thing that might be same is those "ears".

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stark View Post
    I like #1 the best although I've never been a huge fan of hooded lugs.

Also, imho the second hand arrow it too large.

Best of luck!
    Thanks for your opinion !

Quote Originally Posted by OvrSteer View Post
    If this is the final design... I'm not sure why you need our opinion? Can you please come back and fill us in on the specifications, most notably size, lug width and movement specs? The material used in the bezel?

1 & 3 are the only ones I personally feel look good. I don't like goldtone, and the white dial one fails with white straps (ugly) and black lume (cool but impractical.) The maroon bezel is also a permanent "no" from me; I don't wear anything that color but it could be OK for someone else.

Also, will a date version be offered?
    We need opinion because it's not that smart to start production without knowing what your potential customer thinks about your product. Absolutely agree about white dial, we'll keep only 3 combinations in total and none of them will be with white dial or strap.
    Size is 41mm, lug to lug 48,5mm. Movement NH38A or 9015, bezel is ceramic and in black version (3 and 6) is a slate stone. Date function will be offered in future, yes

4 changes I would like to see

1) taller crown (stick out slightly further out from the watch 1-1.5mm more)
    2) dislike the B at the 12 o'clock position. Distracts from the tasteful dial.
    3) arrow on second hand too large.
    4) something more needs to be written under the AUTOMATIC.

#3 and #6 stand out from the others with the different bezel pattern. It could be just to the way that the images were rendered, but the others look a bit flat in tone compared to the detailing on the dial.

Nice looking watch. No.1 is definitely my favourite. As previously mentioned I do see the nautilus look but it's very minimal.

If i was to change anything it would be the second hand or the indices, they don't really match. Also, if the above image influenced the crown design then i think i'd slightly taper the crown.

Do you have any images from different views? It would be nice to see the bezel from a the side. Is it an outer radius? or a slight chamfer and radius?

You've done great work. how long has the design process taken? I think a quite render in something like keyshot with proper texture and lighting would make all the difference.

If you're think between NH38A or 9015, No question I'd vote for the 9015. I'd even say if you're serious you should up to the SW200 or better. I wouldn't go with the NH38A or NH35 because you'd be able to keep the watch thin and the sweeping second with be smoother with the 9015 or SW200. Plus, this is a luxury watch right? Keep in mind luxury watch seekers aren't looking for cheap luxury watches. For divers, it's alright but cheap and luxury do not go hand in hand well at all. Your target audience will be looking for quality finishing and movements in a thin package. I'd probably think about adding in subtle minute markers (so you can accurately tell and set the time) but totally up to you. Otherwise it's a nice Nautilus-like design. Good luck!

I prefer watches with the date so glad to hear it’s in consideration for the future.

+1 for adding a bit more text under “automatic”

I think you need to try and keep this watch on the thinner side if possible (ie needs to fit under the cuff nicely).

Sapphire crystal is preferred. I would pay the extra money to have sapphire over mineral.

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianZHP View Post
    If you're think between NH38A or 9015, No question I'd vote for the 9015.
    Yup, absolutely. I guess the question is what price you can get them at compared to a NH38A.
    Omega: Aqua Terra 220.10.41.21.03.001
    Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV205
    Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot
    Sinn: LE 556i
    Longines: Conquest V.H.P.
    G Shock: MTG-B1000D-1A,
    GW-9400-3, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000GD-1, GX-56BB, GW-B5000FB-4JR, GW-M5610MW-7JF, GW-B5600BC-1ER, GW-B5600-2ER, GW-B5600HR-1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information