Dugena Dessau - seller
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dugena Dessau - seller

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dugena Dessau - seller

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this section of watchuseek, I've lurked and posted on f71/72 for a couple years now. In the process, I ran across a beautiful chronograph, the dugena dessau, which turns out to be German. I've been trying to source a vendor for several weeks now but have been unsuccessful in finding someone willing to ship to the US. I did locate a company that sells both on amazon and eBay called design4stars. I don't speak German, nor am I familiar with their companies so I am a bit skeptical about the purchase.

Has anyone here had experience with this vendor, or in the alternative, do you know of a seller willing to ship to the US? Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Chris

Re: Dugena Dessau - seller

I have bought a few pieces here with a smooth transaction each time:
    AVIATION-TIME.COM Mechanical Pilot watches from Switzerland, Russia, Germany - Dugena

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Ordering through amazon should be safe or ask [email protected] for advice.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; August 16th, 2014 at 13:41.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you Mike and Happy for your replies! I did some further research with google translate, and it looks like the main complaint the seller had was over Christmas last year a number of packages arrived late. There were no substantive issues with the product. I also got in touch with American Express who assured me they would do a charge back if the item arrived in any other condition but as described new.

I made a best offer, so we shall see if I get it, but as soon as I know I will keep everyone updated, and of course pictures to prove it happened. Thanks again!

Chris
    Der Amf likes this.

Pics when it arrives please!
    German: Junghans Meister Chronoscope | Nomos Tangente | Stowa Exima ETA & PUW 560
    Others: Accurist World Time Chronograph | Mondaine solar powered | Omega Seamaster 'Calypso' | Orient Blue Mako | Orient CVZ0001B ana-digi | Reena WeatherMaster VII

Good luck and post pix when you get it.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Sadly pics won't be coming anytime soon. I backed out at the last minute. Right now I am exploring several sites and waffling between that and eBay. Of course I let everyone know what happens, truth be told I will get the watch, I just have to go through that phase of justification. I hope to have a better idea after this weekend. Thanks again for all of the responses!

Chris

Any update? I'm in a similar position myself, just about four months later...

As it turns out yes! I placed my order on December 28 on eBay. I'm a bit concerned as the seller has not marked the item as shipped yet. I sent him a message last Friday and did not get a response. After another week I will file a claim but for now I'm hanging in there. If I get it I will post pics!

Best,
    Chris

Mroatman,

For some reason my response to your post isn't showing up so I reposted it here:
    "As it turns out yes! I placed my order on December 28 on eBay. I'm a bit concerned as the seller has not marked the item as shipped yet. I sent him a message last Friday and did not get a response. After another week I will file a claim but for now I'm hanging in there. If I get it I will post pics!"

So I posted that a little over a week ago, the seller finally responded last Thursday, and I received the watch today. It is in new condition, with box sleeve, leather box, papers, hang tag, etc. so as far as the item goes, I have it, and it's perfect. The watch is everything I expected, the size is perfect, not too large with a good wrist presence. I was a bit concerned it would be hard to read but in person it presents very clearly. The registers are simple and don't crowd the face whole still giving it a unique appearance. Overall I am thrilled. I cannot describe how excited I was to see the package from Deutschland waiting for me!!!

That said, it is a shame this seller is the only option because his responsiveness leaves a lot to be desired. It has been a nerve racking three weeks, and if you had asked me yesterday if I thought I was being scammed, my answer would have been yes. However, the watch came, in one piece, and it works.

I will try to post pics in the next couple of days (total tease I know).

Thanks to to everyone for all of your support!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information