Emes - ?? Made in Germany

Thread: Emes - ?? Made in Germany

Emes - ?? Made in Germany

Hello. I bought a Emes watch. Brand I saw for first time. What you can me tell about it? Is a wortless garbage or nice watch to collect? Which year?

Inside is this caliber

https://uhrforum.de/...rk-jpg.1617034/

Thx for info
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Emes - ?? Made in Germany

Well, pin lever movements aren‘t high in demand. Watch was made in the 1960s, typical dial design of the sixties. Case most likely chrome coated brass, back lid made out of stainless steel.

The Villingen-schwenningen based company Müller-Schlenker, as Emes was originally called, was founded in 1879 by Johannes Müller and his wife, the daughter of the watchmaker Erhard Schlenker. In 1885, a building was acquired in the Bildackerstraße, which got further buildings lateron. Around 1900, the company employed more than 100 people.
    During the First World War, production had to be switched to armament products. In 1918, the company was converted into a LLC and the production of wristwatches was registered at the local register of companies. In 1928, 450 employees were employed by the company. Ten years later, there were around 500.

In the 1950s, Müller-Schlenker relied on electric watches and developed the first usable battery clock, which was mass-produced and also built in in cars. 600 employees were employed at the beginning of the 70s. In the mid-80s, the company name was changed to Emes GmbH & Co. In 1977, the production of mechanical movements ended. The production of quartz movements lost its profitability and was sold to China in 1989.
    Finally, at the end of 1992, the production stopped completely. Bankruptcy was filed in 2000, Emes became a wholesaler selling imported watches.

Brands of Müller-Schenker

Chronos
    Da Capo
    Dugena-Gala
    Emes, registered 4. Juli 1938
    Gala
    Hansa
    Lord
    Miktometic
    Miktometik
    Model 1912
    Monorex
    Motometer
    MS, registered 21 May 1890
    Müller-Schlenker, founded 4. Juli 1939
    Regent
    Swano
    Teka
    Veigel
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info. Just I expected. I was thinking why Emes watches are only few on eBay - maybe almost no one buying it.?

Thread Information